FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Faesrol

Been studying a lot, but a few remaining questions:

I read in the Stat weights and priorities thread that:

Int > SP > Haste (4717 or 4250 if Goblin) > Mastery > Hit (5100) > Haste > Crit

Now, is this universal? As in, no matter what kind of gear you have? See I'm not very confident using Simcraft, but whenever I run my char, my stat weights change whenever I acquire a new piece of armor. Does this mean that I should reforge in accordance to said stat weights? And what do you guys use for enchant, gem- and reforging optimization?

Also, to clarify, what are the dps gains for all of the various races?

And one last thing: How do you multi dot? When do you SB:SS, and when do you manually cast DoT's?

EDIT: ...and which targets do you haunt when multidotting?

Edited by Faesrol

I read in the Stat weights and priorities thread that:

Int > SP > Haste (4717 or 4250 if Goblin) > Mastery > Hit (5100) > Haste > Crit

Now, is this universal? As in, no matter what kind of gear you have? See I'm not very confident using Simcraft, but whenever I run my char, my stat weights change whenever I acquire a new piece of armor. Does this mean that I should reforge in accordance to said stat weights? And what do you guys use for enchant, gem- and reforging optimization?

Also, to clarify, what are the dps gains for all of the various races?

And one last thing: How do you multi dot? When do you SB:SS, and when do you manually cast DoT's?

EDIT: ...and which targets do you haunt when multidotting?

It's not "universal" in that you can hit lvl 90 and hit that item level. When you get to 475ish item level, that should be your priority. Enchant Mastery and Intellect. Gem Mastery and Intellect. Reforge out of Crit with every opportunity into whatever stat you need.

Races don't make a significant enough change to warrant a heavy decision. Goblins and Trolls do about 1k more with their racials than Blood Elves do without any racial benefit at a 495 item level, so the values will be less before that and slightly more after it. The passive 1% haste has more benefit than the Troll's Berserking. Orc's Blood Fury doesn't scale as well as the static haste of the Goblins either. Personally, I believe the order is:

1) Goblin (1% static Haste)

2) Troll (20% Haste for 10 sec with 180 sec CD)

3) Orc (some % of Spell Power for 15 sec with 180 sec CD, 1% hit with wands)

4) Undead (Touch of the Grave - minor healing and damage buff)

5) Blood Elves - nothing

Multi-dotting strategy depends on your ability to regenerate Soul Shards in order to SB:SS your DoTs up. Take Will of the Emperors for example...there's always a target about to die somewhere. Use Drain Soul on it, get 4 Soul Shards, DoT up both bosses and whatever adds are up, then kill another with Drain Soul and rinse and repeat. Warlocks have the best multi-dotting capacity with things that die frequently. Shadow Priests and Boomies catch up with we can't regenerate our Soul Shards without lucky RNG Nightfall procs. For something like Stone Guard, manually keep your DoTs up on your non-targetted dog.

Don't forget that orc also get +1% expertise by using wands.

So +1% exp and the blood fury makes them quite attractive.

Wands are not an attractive option because your Sha-Touched weapons available are a staff and a 1H dagger. You'd only receive that option with Elegon's wand, but you'd never want that over your Sha-Touched weapon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lacriminal
      Hey dear fury friends,
      i always used Azshari Salad, as my buff food for the tempo buff. Now as mastery pulls ahead of haste in the stat weights, i asked myself whether i should just use the Nightborne Delicacy Platter for a flat mastery buff, while maintaining around ~27% Haste.

I read the guide from Archimtiros, and i think both buff foods are fine, but do u switch your buff food at a certain point? Or is it depending on the encounter (single target vs. multiple targets)?

Greetings lacriminal

• By Rexene
      I am looking for critiques of my custom stat weights.  I want to improve it and get advice if there is a better way of calculating my numbers.  If you see basic errors with my number crunching, please let me know.

Naked_Normal - 4608
      Naked_Crit - 9216
      Naked_Ticks - 6
      Naked_Extra_Tick - 0
      Naked_Tooltip_Rejuv - 26382
      Naked_Actual_Rejuv_with_4.8%_Mastery - 27648
      Naked_Actual_Rejuv_w/o_4.8%_Mastery - 26381.6 [Calculated by (Naked_Actual_Rejuv_with_4.8%_Mastery / 104.8%) = 27648 / 1.048 = 26,381.6]

1421_Int_Trinket_Normal - 5502
      1421_Int_Trinket_Crit - 11002
      1421_Int_Trinket_Ticks - 6
      1421_Int_Trinket_Extra_Tick - 0
      I used a 1421 Int Trinket and ignored the crit procs.  We have 4.8% Mastery, which adds 4.8% to our healing even with no gear.  I divided by 1.048 to try to get to the base healing.
      Int_Weight = (6 x (1421_Int_Trinket_Normal - Naked_Normal) / 1.048) / 1421 [1421 in the amount of Intellect on the Trinket]
      Int_Weight = (6 x (5502-4608)/1.048) / 1421
      Int_Weight = 3.602

1165_Mastery_Ring_Normal - 4685
      1165_Mastery_Ring_Crit - 9369
      1165_Mastery_Ring_Ticks - 6
      1165_Mastery_Ring_Extra_Tick - 0
      I used a 1165 Mastery and crit ring and then ignored the crit procs.
      Mastery_Weight = (6 x ((1165_Mastery_Ring_Normal - Naked_Normal) / 1.048)) / 1165 [1165 is the amount of Mastery on the Ring]
      Mastery_Weight = (6 x ((4685 - 4608) / 1.048)) / 1165
      Mastery_Weight = 0.3784

406_Leech_Ring_Normal - 83
      406_Leech_Ring_Crit - 165
      406_Leech_Ring_Ticks - 6
      406_Leech_Ring_Extra_Tick - 0
      I used a Ring with 406 Leech, 745 Mastery and 1626 Crit.
      Leech_Weight = ((6 x 406_Leech_Ring_Normal - 745 * Mastery_Weight) / 1.048) / 406 [406 is the amount of Leech on the Ring]
      Leech_Weight = ((6 x 83 - 745 * 0.3784) / 1.048) / 406 [406 is the amount of Leech on the Ring]
      Leech_Weight = 0.5079

945_Haste_Ring_Normal - 4608
      945_Haste_Ring_Crit - 9216
      945_Haste_Ring_Ticks - 6
      945_Haste_Ring_Extra Tick - 1
      945_Haste_Ring_Extra_Tick_Amount - 583
      I used a Ring with 945 Haste and 1626 Crit and ignored Crit procs.
      Haste_Weight = (945_Haste_Ring_Extra_Tick_Amount / 1.048) / 945 [945 is the amount of Haste on the Ring]
      Haste_Weight = (583 / 1.048) / 945
      Haste_Weight = 0.5887

1055_Versatility_Trinket_Normal - 4710
      1055_Versatility_Trinket_Crit - 9420
      1055_Versatility_Trinket_Ticks - 6
      1055_Versatility_Trinket_Extra_Tick - 0
      I used a Trinket with 1055 Versatility and no other stats.
      Vers_Weight = (6 x ((1055_Versatility_Trinket_Normal - Naked_Normal) / 1.048)) / 1055 [1055 is the amount of Versatility on the Trinket]
      Vers_Weight = (6 x ((4710 - 4608) / 1.048)) / 1055
      Vers_Weight = 0.5535

UI tooltip crit percentage increase for a 6518 Critical Strike with my gear before 6% bonus is 16.30%
      Crit_w_Gear - 16.3%
      Crit_Weight = 6 x (Naked_Crit - Naked_Normal) x (16.3% / 6518) [6518 is the total amount of Crit on my gear]
      Crit_Weight = 6 x (9216 - 4608) x (0.1630 / 6518)
      Crit_Weight = 0.6597

I am going to increase my mastery weight since I primarily use HOTs and you have a 10% Mastery bonus for every HOT you have on a target.  I am going to increase my Mastery weight arbitrarily by 25% to account for this (choose your own weight as you prefer).  
      Int_Weight = 3.602
      Mastery_Weight+25% = 0.3784 * 125% = 0.4730
      Leech_Weight = 0.5079
      Haste_Weight = 0.5887
      Vers_Weight = 0.5535
      Crit_Weight = 0.6597
      Total_Weight = Int_Weight + Mastery_Weight+25% + Leech_Weight + Haste_Weight + Vers_Weight + Crit_Weight
      Total_Weight = 3.602 + 0.4730 + 0.5079 + 0.5887 + 0.5535 + 1.0690
      Total_Weight = 6.3848

Int = Int_Weight / Total_Weight x 100% = 3.602 / 6.3848 x 100% = 56.41
      Mastery = Mastery_Weight+25%  / Total_Weight x 100% = 0.4730 / 6.3848 x 100% = 7.41
      Leech = Leech_Weight / Total_Weight x 100% = 0.5079 / 6.3848 x 100% = 7.95
      Haste = Haste_Weight / Total_Weight x 100% = 0.5887 / 6.3848 x 100% = 9.22
      Versatility = Vers_Weight / Total_Weight x 100% = 0.5535 / 6.3848 x 100% = 8.67
      Critical = Crit_Weight / Total_Weight x 100% = 0.6597 / 6.3848 x 100% = 10.33
      My weights
      Int= 56.41
      Mastery = 7.41
      Leech = 7.95
      Haste = 9.22
      Versatility = 8.67
      Critical = 10.33
    • By Stormravyn
      Hey guys, need a hand here please. I have healed off and on for years with one or the other of several Resto Druids I have. I also frequently (prior to Legion) heal with a Disc Priest (until Legion, now she is parked), a Mistweaver Monk (not 110 yet) and a couple of Resto Shamans (also not 110 yet).
      I am a really good but not exceptional healer, though I am the strongest healer in the guild atm on most fights, not all. I am disabled, so I can't spend as much time online as I would like, so any help would be much appreciated.
      My question is this: I use askmrrobot.com, icy veins and in game I also use Pawn. ALL of them disagree on stat weights and it is confusing me to tears! I was stacking mastery, now ask mr robot says crit > mastery on raid healing: auto. Mastery > Crit on raid healing: max heal. Crit > Mastery on Raid healing: Spread healing. And of course it all changes again for Mythic+. As my time online is VERY limited, I have very little gold and cannot afford to even buy a lot of the high end enchants and gems, etc, let alone change everything around repeatedly. Pawn shows one thing to be an upgrade, but even with the new 7.1.5 patch, askmrrobot will make me leave an 865 trinket with a great bonus on it in my bags in favor of an 835 trinket just because it has a socket and matches THEIR stat weights. Then I come here, which I used to use exclusively and they say, and I quote,
      1.1. Raid Healing
      Intellect; Haste; Critical Strike; Mastery; Versatility. 1.2. Tank / Mythic+ Healing
      Intellect; Haste; Mastery; Critical Strike; Versatility.  
      So my question is this, and I will follow with my current armory and healing style. WHAT stat weights do I go for and since I really truly SUCK at math and have NO clue how to change stat weights in Pawn or askmrrobot either one, can someone walk me through how to and what they should read to reflect the proper weights, so I can trust them and they agree please? I am 50 years old and this sim stuff is tough for me; I'm sorry. It's confusing for a beginner to sims and stat weights and I don't understand it or how to get the numbers I want it to reflect or what they should even be. Or how to make conversions... I am lost. My guild is small and we are STILL struggling with Heroic EN; can't get past Ursoc atm; he's a real bear... pun intended.  and Nighthold is a mess. Skorpyron is still kicking our butts there, and Helya in ToV... all on normal except for EN. I want to raid, I want to progress, and I want to improve my healing. It likely won't happen in this guild, not because we are bad, but because we do not have dedicated raiders every week. We end up pulling in far too many pugs, have a ridiculously long wipe recovery (stupid long, like 15 friggin' minutes each wipe) and it is just too casual to progress far, but some of us would like to and I want to do my part as well as be able to perhaps join some premade's and be a viable pick. Unless I do, my gear will not get better, as I have run EN normal a hundred times it seems, and there are no upgrades there.
      I do not typically heal Mythic+'s anymore, because it seems MOST of the pugs I get into are horribad and I can't heal when interrupts don't happen, focusing down the right mobs first does not happen, positioning does not happen and no one seems to know the strats. Sometimes it is just a BAD tank. I do not have confidence in my heals because of some awful runs, and so I just don't go. We have an awesome Pally tank I trust to tank them, but he is seldom on and the guild really doesn't run much of anything together. So I have no set group to run with that I trust.
      Atm my healing style is to always keep up two rejuvs on both tanks as well as lifebloom on the one currently taking threat and most damage, as well as Efflorescence of course, all while blanketing the raid with HoTs, Wild Growth and Flourish/artifact weapon talent. I also, of course, hit a tank taking or preparing to take, a lot of damage with Cenarion Ward and Ironbark. I really hate raid healing and much prefer tank healing, but I heal what needs to be healed while focusing as much as I can on tanks. I can't tell you our raid make-up as we have no set group; too much pugging. I will say that we usually always have two Resto Druids, and a Disc Priest, and sometimes we have our Shaman switch to heals or our Holy Paladin will make a rare appearance, or our Paladin tank will switch to heals. That is our base makeup, subject to no shows and pugs of course. 
      Here is my armory; please be gentle lol.  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Scamper/simple
      I realize I have a lot of gems and enchants I need, and will start working on that as gold allows, and when I know WHAT to get! I will mention that I talked to a Resto Druid friend of mine from another server, Tsoula, who heals mythic raids and he said to pretty much balance haste crit and mastery as much as possible without worrying too much until I can get the cloak of shame from Kara, and the two set bonus, all of which require high crit, and then switch to stacking crit. Is he right?
      I apologize for the length of this post and welsome all feedback, but please be kind. I run into enough unkind people in game. Thanks <3
    • By Czkawka
      Hello,
      Im long time lurker on class guides, and Id like to suggest and ask if you could add numerical stat weights in class spec guides. Pawn addon config string would be perfect but just numerical values would be also great. What do you think about it?
      Thank you in advance
    • By Zalifur
      Hi, I just have a question about mastery as Outlaw. 
      Why is it so good for me? 
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/scarlet-crusade/Zalifur/simple is my armory. I have an 830 versatility trinket that Mr. Robot says is better, so I'll probably swap one trinket for that and an 835 Rough-Hammered Silver Ring that would be approximately a 100 dps increase replacing my Grubby Silver Ring. Why is this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't really simcraft, I used shadowcraft in the past but it seems a bit unreliable at the moment.