Arms Warrior Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 for TBC Classic
Welcome to our Burning Crusade Classic Arms Warrior leveling guide. Here we will help guide you through your Arms Warrior's leveling journey toward Level 70. Make sure to use the sliders shown down below to have the guide update as you level up.
Arms Warrior Level-by-Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
- Levels 10 to 12 — 3 points in Improved Heroic Strike.
- Levels 13 & 14 — 2 points in Deflection.
- Levels 15 & 16 — 2 points in Improved Charge.
- Levels 17 to 19 — 3 points in Improved Thunder Clap.
Improved Heroic Strike is good for early levels as you have no other abilities. Improved Charge is a great leveling talent as it gives you a nice burst of extra Rage at the start of every combat.
Deflection and Improved Thunder Clap are great survivability options and also increase your ability to tank if you want to do dungeons while leveling.
- Levels 20 & 21 — 2 points in Improved Overpower.
- Level 22 — 1 point in Anger Management.
- Levels 23 & 24 — 2 points in Deep Wounds.
- Levels 25 to 29 — 5 points in Two-Handed Weapon Specialization.
Improved Overpower is a great damage increase as you will have many of your attacks dodged. Anger Management can help out with a couple extra points of Rage during combat. Deep Wounds and Two-Handed Weapon Specialization give you a decent damage increase.
- Level 30 — 1 point in Death Wish.
- Levels 31 to 35 — 5 points in Poleaxe Specialization.
- Level 36: 1 point in Deep Wounds.
- Levels 37 & 38 — 2 points in Impale.
- Level 39 — 1 point in Improved Intercept.
Death Wish is a great DPS cooldown and fear-effect immunity. Out of Poleaxe Specialization, Mace Specialization, and Sword Specialization you should choose whichever weapon you will be using the most. Impale is a decent damage increase, and Improved Intercept is a filler point that you can spend wherever you want.
- Level 40 — 1 point in Mortal Strike.
- Levels 41 & 42 — 2 points in Second Wind.
- Levels 43 & 44 — 2 points in Blood Frenzy.
- Levels 45 to 49 — 5 points in Cruelty.
This is where your leveling speed will really start to ramp up. Mortal Strike is now your main damaging ability. Second Wind is a great self-sustain and Rage generator talent that will proc more often than you think. Blood Frenzy and Cruelty are great damage increases.
- Levels 50 to 54 — 5 points in Unbridled Wrath.
- Levels 55 to 59 — 5 points in Commanding Presence.
Unbridled Wrath gives you some extra Rage frequently, and Commanding Presence increases the Attack Power granted by your Battle Shout.
- Levels 60 to 64 — 5 points in Enrage.
- Levels 65 & 66 — 2 points in Weapon Mastery.
- Level 67 — 1 point in Sweeping Strikes.
- Levels 68 & 69 — 2 points in Improved Execute.
- Level 70 — 1 point in Flurry.
- Level 70: Congratulations on reaching level 70! Respec to one of the end-game talent builds at the bottom of this guide.
Enrage gives you a massive damage increase when it procs. Weapon Mastery reduces the time you are disarmed by half and reduces the chance for your attacks to be dodged by 2%. Lastly, Improved Execute allows you to use Execute for less Rage, increasing the damage it deals.
- Bloodrage to prevent your Rage from decaying between mobs.
- Charge your enemy.
- Overpower if any of your attacks are dodged.
- Victory Rush any new enemies after killing previous ones.
- Rend at the start of combat.
- Heroic Strike all remaining Rage.
- Execute any low-health enemies.
- Mortal Strike whenever you have the Rage to use it.
- Heroic Strike only if you have a large surplus of Rage.
Early Warrior levels are very lackluster when it comes to abilities. Make sure you use Charge whenever possible to generate extra Rage. Keep Battle Shout's buff up to increase your damage, and use Heroic Strike whenever you have the rage for it. Keep Rend up on enemies for the first few levels since you have no other abilities to use.
Train for Overpower at Level 12. It deals damage to an enemy after one of your attacks is dodged. This attack cannot be dodged or parried, making it a great early-game damaging ability.
Get Execute from the trainer at Level 24. When an enemy reaches 20% health, you can use this to deal very high damage to them based on how much Rage you have.
Mortal Strike at Level 40 finally gives you a main ability you can use at all times. This will greatly increase your killing speed.
Victory Rush is very useful for chain pulling while leveling. It essentially gives you a free attack after you get the killing blow on an enemy.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Training spells can be rather expensive, especially if you try to learn every spell available to you. Here we will give you a list of your top-priority spells that you will want to train so you know which ones you can avoid and save some money.
- Rend — Do not train this past Rank 2 as the damage falls off greatly the higher you level.
- Heroic Strike — Do not train this past Rank 5 because you will replace it with other abilities around this time.
- Charge — Each rank up gives more rage than the last, so it is worth getting.
- Shield Bash — Do not train this past Rank 1 as you only need this for the interrupt while leveling.
- Bloodrage — Great for generating Rage.
- Battle Shout — Each rank gives you more Attack Power, so keep this one ranked up as high as possible.
- Overpower — Great damage, especially in the early levels.
- Retaliation — Can be used every 30 minutes to kill many mobs at one time.
- Intimidating Shout — Useful to escape dangerous situations and PvP.
- Cleave — Useful for AoEing multiple mobs down at a time.
- Thunder Clap — You will want to keep this up to date as it makes the debuff last longer. It is useful for tanking dungeons or when fighting multiple mobs at a time.
- Demoralizing Shout — Good for strong enemies or when fighting multiple monsters at a time.
- Execute — Deals great damage to low-health enemies.
- Berserker Rage — Useful to avoid being feared and increases the amount of Rage you gain from damage taken.
- Mortal Strike — Since this is your main ability you will want to keep it max rank for your level.
- Recklessness — Can be useful in some situations, such as killing an elite enemy.
- Victory Rush — There is only one rank of this but make sure to pick it up as it essentially gives you a free attack.
- Spell Reflection — Good to get for the defensive aspect in both PvE and PvP. Make sure you have a shield ready to equip to be able to use this ability.
Continue Improving at Level 70
Well done on hitting Level 70 in Burning Crusade Classic! Now that your leveling process is over, you can learn more about Level-70 gameplay by reading our Arms Warrior Guide, which covers many different aspects of Arms Warriors gameplay.
- 19 May 2021: Guide added.
- Wrath Classic Phase 2 Launching on January 17th
- Naxxramas Achievement Rewards to Remain Available Throughout Wrath Classic
- Patch 3.4.1 PTR Development Notes: January 6th
- Summon Gargoyle Changes on the Wrath Classic PTR
- Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge Achievements Coming to Wrath Classic
- No Changes Planned for Ulduar Tier Sets Beyond 6 Item Level Bump
- Wrath Classic Season 1 Ends January 9th
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update