Holy Paladin Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 for TBC Classic
On this page, you will find our Level by Level Holy Paladin leveling guide for WoW TBC Classic. Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level.
Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Leveling Talent Tree & Build
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
- Levels 10 to 14 — 5 points in Divine Intellect
- Levels 15 to 19 — 5 points in Improved Seal of Righteousness
Divine Intellect increases your Intellect by a scaling percentage per point, topping out at 10%. This vastly increases your Mana pool, letting you fight for longer and lessen down time between mobs. Improved Seal of Righteousness increases the damage done by both your Seal of Righteousness attacks, as well as when you unleash it with your Judgement ability. Seal of Righteousness will be the seal you use primarily while leveling either in a group or solo.
- Levels 20 to 22 — 3 points in Healing Light
- Levels 23 to 24 — 2 points in Improved Lay on Hands
- Levels 25 to 29 — 5 points in Illumination
Healing Light is a flat healing increase to your Holy Light and Flash of Light, which will make up almost all of your healing. Improved Lay on Hands drastically reduces the cooldown of Lay on Hands, which is a powerful cooldown that you can both use reactively or in a time-sensitive situation, where you are running low on Mana, but need healing. Illumination gives a chance for critical heals to return 60% their Mana cost. At max rank, with 5 points, it is a 100% chance to return Mana when your healing spells crit.
- Level 30 — 1 point in Divine Favor
- Levels 31 to 32 — 2 points in Improved Blessing of Wisdom
- Levels 33 to 34 — 2 points in Sanctified Light
- Levels 35 to 39 — 5 points in Holy Power
Divine Favor, when active, will make your next Holy Light or Flash of Light crit. This synergizes extremely well with the previous talent, Illumination. Improved Blessing of Wisdom increases the Mp5 you gain from the Blessing of Wisdom buff. This is both extremely beneficial to you as it will lower your downtime between mobs and make it so you can participate longer in fights, but if you are leveling with any other Mana users, it will have the same benefits for them. Sanctified Light increases your crit chance with Holy Light. Holy Power increases your crit chance with all Holy abilities.
- Level 40 — 1 point in Holy Shock
- Level 41 to 43 — 3 points in Light's Grace
- Level 44 — 1 point in Sanctified Light
- Level 45 to 49 — 5 points in Holy Guidance
Holy Shock is an extremely powerful heal or damaging spell, depending on if you are targeting a friendly or hostile unit. It does considerable healing and damage and has a relatively short cooldown, but costs quite a bit of Mana, so using it on cooldown is not recommended. Light's Grace causes your Holy Light to grant you a buff reducing the cast speed of your next Holy Light. Holy Guidance increases your spell damage and healing by a percentage of your total Intellect, making both your damaging abilities and your heals more potent.
- Level 50 — 1 point in Divine Illumination
- Levels 51 to 55 — 5 points in Improved Blessing of Might
- Levels 54 to 55 — 2 points in Purifying Power
- Levels 56 to 59 — 3 points in Redoubt
Divine Illumination is a strong cooldown that greatly reducing the Mana costs of all of your spells. Improved Blessing of Might increases the benefit of Blessing of Might, which, if you are grouped with an Attack Power-using DPS or are leveling solo, can be quite noticeable. Purifying Power is situationally useful, as its benefits only apply to spells that you will not be casting very often, but it will drastically increase your crit chance on Exorcism and Holy Wrath, making it very worthwhile when fighting against Demons or Undead mobs. Redoubt has a chance to proc on damaging effects, greatly increasing your chance to block.
- Level 60 to 61 — 2 point in Redoubt
- Levels 62 to 65 — 3 points in Precision
- Level 66 to 67 — — 2 point in Guardian's Favor
- Level 68 — 1 point in Blessing of Kings
- Level 69 to 70 — — 2 point in Improved Judgement
Precision increases your chance to hit both with melee attacks and spells, allowing you to itemize for more Mana or damaging stats. Guardian's Favor greatly lessens the cooldown of your Blessing of Freedom and Protection, which have strong uses both in parties or solo. Blessing of Kings is a powerful buff that can be situationally better than either Wisdom or Might. Improved Judgement reduces the cooldown on your Judgement ability, lessening your downtime between damaging spells.
- Keep Seal of Righteousness up.
- Use Seal of the Crusader to apply Judgement of the Crusader for added Holy damage.
- Use Consecration on cooldown for more than 1 target, if you have the Mana.
- Use Judgement on cooldown if you have the Mana for it, keeping in mind that you will need to reapply your seal after.
- Use Holy Shock on cooldown offensively, as Mana allows.
- Use Hammer of Wrath on cooldown.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
It is important to buy all abilities as you level as they are cheap and Paladins have quite a few abilities that are extremely powerful in certain situations and you never know when you will need them.
Holy Paladin Macros and Addons
Setting up an user interface and macros early on you will greatly improve the quality of your leveling experience. Check out the Holy Paladin Macros and Addons guides in the link below for the full list.
How to continue to strengthen your Holy Paladin at level 70
Once you achieve level 70 we suggest you check out Healer Paladin Guide, which goes more in detail of how to play your level 70 Paladin.
Some of the most relevant pages to dive deeper into are:
- The Healing Paladin Talent builds guide includes the main talent build for end game content as a Holy Paladin healer;
- Our Healing Paladin Rotation guide teaches you how to actually heal in a variety of situations. It also includes tips on how to utilize your cooldowns and utility to help mitigate damage to lessen your healing burden;
- Check out the Healing Paladin Stats guide if you would like to learn how each stat effects your output and gameplay;
- The Gear guide for Healing Paladin includes a list of gear to for you to acquire and where to find it;
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank