Restoration Shaman Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 for TBC Classic
On this page, you will find our level-by-level Restoration Shaman leveling guide for TBC Classic. Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Shaman leveling guide. We also have an Elemental Shaman leveling guide and a Enhancement Shaman leveling guide.
Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Leveling Talent Tree & Build
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
These talents will allow you to be as good of a healer as possible, and are optimal for group play. We recommend the use of a different specialization if you intend to solo level.
- Levels 10 to 14 — 5 points in Improved Healing Wave
- Levels 15 to 17 — 3 points in Ancestral Healing
- Levels 18 & 19 — 2 points in Totemic Focus
Improved Healing Wave makes your main healing spell in small groups faster to cast. Ancestral Healing provides a large Armor bonus to the tank with decent uptime and Totemic Focus saves a lot of Mana due to the need to recast totems often in group play.
- Level 20 — 1 point in Totemic Mastery
- Levels 21 to 23 — 3 points in Totemic Focus
- Level 24 — 1 point in Healing Focus
- Levels 25 to 29 — 5 points in Tidal Mastery
Totemic Mastery improves the range at which your allies can benefit from your totems. Healing Focus will, for now, provide a small chance not to be interrupted when casting healing spells. Finally, Tidal Mastery boosts your throughput and has synergy with Ancestral Healing.
- Level 30 — 1 point in Nature's Swiftness
- Levels 31 to 33 — 3 points in Healing Way
- Level 34 — 1 point in Restorative Totems
- Levels 35 to 39 — 5 points in Purification
Nature's Swiftness provides a great emergency cooldown and Healing Way is a great healing boost in dungeons as you will almost always have it fully-stacked on your tank. Restorative Totems improves the effect of your Water Totems slightly. Finally, Purification improves your general healing significantly.
- Levels 40 to 43 — 4 points in Restorative Totems
- Level 44 — 1 point in Mana Tide Totem
- Levels 45 to 47 — 3 points in Nature's Blessing
- Levels 48 & 49 — 2 points in Improved Chain Heal
Finish Restorative Totems and proceed to Mana Tide Totem, a great Mana cooldown. Nature's Blessing is a strong healing increase and Improved Chain Heal, while not the most useful talent all the time in dungeons, can be a very strong healing increase when you are healing area-of-effect damage.
- Level 50 — 1 point in Earth Shield
- Levels 51 to 54 — 4 points in Healing Focus
- Levels 55 & 56 — 2 points in Improved Reincarnation
- Levels 57 to 59 — 3 points in Healing Grace
Earth Shield can heal for a lot with a single global cooldown, so make sure to keep it active on the tank. Finish maximizing Healing Focus and get Improved Reincarnation for the added quality of life when things go wrong. Healing Grace will help you stay alive, especially on large pulls.
- Levels 60 to 64 — 5 points in Tidal Focus
- Level 65 — 1 point in Nature's Guardian
- Levels 66 to 70 — 5 points in Ancestral Knowledge
At this point the most impactful talents are gone, so pick up Tidal Focus for the small Mana-efficiency gain, a single point into Nature's Guardian for the minor safety net and Ancestral Knowledge for the minor Mana pool increase.
Unlike the other specializations, Restoration is meant to be played in a group setting, typically while leveling through dungeons. The rotation below is made with that in mind and details your healing rotation at any given level, which you can adjust with the level slider at the start of the guide.
- Make sure Water Shield is active on you at all times for the extra Mana regeneration.
- Make sure Earth Shield is active on a tank for extra healing.
- Place down your support totems, such as Strength of Earth Totem and Searing Totem, for tougher packs or bosses.
- Place down your support totems, such as Strength of Earth Totem and Windfury Totem, for tougher packs or bosses. Remember to use Mana Tide Totem whenever you can make use of extra Mana, as well.
- Heal area-of-effect damage with Chain Heal.
- Heal single-target damage with Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave, and remember you can use Nature's Swiftness in an emergency.
- Heal single-target damage with Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave if your target will die before the cast finishes.
- Heal single-target damage with Healing Wave.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Buying everything is, essentially, the way to go, as spell costs are quite low and all of them have uses, even if small ones.
If you are doing a completely new character and want to save as much gold as you can for your first mount at Level 30, you can opt to buy only the recommended skills for the rotation in the section above.
Restoration Shaman Macros and Addons
By setting yourself up with an upgraded user interface and macros from the get-go, you will make your leveling process much easier. Check out our Restoration Shaman Macros and Addons guides in the link below for the full list.
Restoration Shaman Quests and Weapons
While leveling, you will need to keep your eyes peeled for weapon opportunities. You will also need to complete various class quests for the baseline totems which allow you to use key totems for Restoration, such as Mana Spring Totem. To help you with that, we have made two dedicated guides.
How to keep evolving your Restoration Shaman at Level 70
Once you hit maximum level, we suggest you read the Healer Shaman Guide, which covers all there is to know about healing on your Shaman at Level 70.
Some of the most relevant pages to dive deeper into are:
- The Healing Shaman Talent builds guide has multiple builds for Healing Shamans. The main one is purely healing-oriented with a heavy investment on the Restoration tree, but you can also opt to mix in some Enhancement talents for small buffs to your support totems;
- Our Healing Shaman Rotation guide teaches you how to actually heal in a variety of situations. You can find some advanced tips on how to manage your totems and specialty skills here as well;
- Browse our Healing Shaman Stats guide if you wish to learn more about your different stats and how they affect your gameplay;
- The Gear guide for Healing Shamans will tell you which gear pieces to farm at Level 70 and where you can farm them at;
- 10 Oct. 2021: Fixed the talent calculator when moving the slider to early character levels.
- 31 May 2021: Added links to the new Weapon, Quest, Addons, and Macros guides, as well as the specialization guides.
- 18 May 2021: Page added.
- What's Ahead for Wrath Classic (Developer Update)
- Faction and Transfer Restrictions Lifted in Burning Crusade Classic
- Dungeon XP and Mob Behavior Changes to Combat Boosting
- Joyous Journeys Summer XP Buff Coming to Burning Crusade Classic
- New Group Finder Details for Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- An Update on Wrath Classic Fresh Server Transfers
- Fresh Start Servers Coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-Patch
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank