Discipline Priest Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 for TBC Classic
On this page, you will find our level-by-level Discipline Priest leveling guide for TBC Classic. Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Priest leveling guide. We also have a Holy Priest leveling guide and a Shadow Priest leveling guide.
Discipline Priest Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
It is not recommended to level your Priest as a healer when playing solo, as this is a much slower playstyle than leveling as Shadow. If you do, however, want to do some dungeons, PvP, and leveling by yourself, Discipline is a good spec for you.
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
- Levels 10 - 14: 5 points in Wand Specialization.
- Levels 15 - 17: 3 points in Improved Power Word: Shield.
- Levels 18 - 19: 2 points in Improved Power Word: Fortitude.
Wand Specialization is a great talent as the majority of your damage early on will be from wanding. Improved Power Word: Shield and Improved Power Word: Fortitude make your buffs much stronger.
- Levels 20 - 22: 3 points in Meditation.
- Level 23: 1 point in Inner Focus.
- Level 24: 1 point in Absolution.
- Levels 25 - 29: 5 points in Mental Agility.
Meditation is a large increase to your Mana regeneration in combat and Inner Focus can be used for a free spell cast. Absolution is a filler point so we can get down to Mental Agility, which further helps with our Mana issues.
- Level 30: 1 point in Divine Spirit.
- Levels 31 - 35: 5 points in Mental Strength.
- Levels 36 - 37: 2 points in Improved Divine Spirit.
- Levels 38 - 39: 2 points in Focused Power.
Divine Spirit and Improved Divine Spirit are great buffs for yourself and any other casters in the party. Focused Power helps if you throw out a DPS spell every now and then. Mental Strength gives you a nice increase to your Mana pool.
- Level 40: 1 point in Power Infusion.
- Levels 41 - 44: 4 points in Reflective Shield.
- Levels 45 - 49: 5 points in Enlightenment.
Power Infusion is a strong cooldown to increase your healing output or a caster's damage output. Reflective Shield is good when used on tanks for some extra damage. Enlightenment gives you some much needed stats, namely Spirit and Intellect.
- Level 50: 1 point in Pain Suppression.
- Levels 51 - 53: 3 points in Improved Renew.
- Levels 54 - 55: 2 points in Holy Specialization.
- Levels 56 - 59: 4 points in Divine Fury.
Pain Suppression is an extremely powerful cooldown that you should use whenever an enemy is dealing very high damage. Improved Renew, Holy Specialization, and Divine Fury all improve your healing capabilities.
- Level 60: 1 point in Divine Fury.
- Level 61: 1 point in Holy Nova.
- Levels 62 - 64: 3 points in Holy Specialization.
- Level 65: 1 point in Inspiration.
- Levels 66 - 68: 3 points in Improved Healing.
- Levels 69 - 70: 3 points in Inspiration.
Divine Fury, Holy Specialization and Improved Healing all further improve your healing spells. Inspiration makes your healing crits give the target increased armor and is very useful for tanks.
- Pain Suppression anyone taking high damage that will die without this.
- Dispel Magic to remove any threatening debuffs on your allies, or buffs on your enemies.
- Prayer of Mending on your tank on the pull or if there is a lot of AoE damage.
- Power Word: Shield people in emergencies when they will die before you can finish a cast.
- Binding Heal if both you and your target are low health.
- Flash Heal people that need a quick emergency heal.
- Renew anyone that will take consistent damage and use the entire heal over time.
- Greater Heal anyone taking large amounts of damage.
- Heal anyone taking large amounts of damage.
- Lesser Heal anyone taking large amounts of damage.
- Prayer of Healing if the entire group is taking large amounts of damage.
- Holy Nova if the group is stacked, all taking moderate damage, and you want to DPS a little.
Early on, healing does not leave you with many options. Try to avoid over-healing people, as you have a very limited Mana pool.
Holy Nova is nice for some early level AoE healing, and it even deals a bit of damage. Do not rely on this as a pure healing spell, as it heals for a low amount and has a high Mana cost.
By now, your Priest's healing kit is very well rounded, having many spells for all different situations. Flash Heal acts as your quick cast emergency heal, whereas Greater Heal is your long cast, big large heal. Utilizing the proper spell for each situation is what makes a healing priest great.
Pain Suppression is a great cooldown to save someone's life when they are taking massive amounts of damage.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Training spells can be rather expensive, especially if you try to learn every spell available to you. Here we'll give you a list of your top priority spells that you will want to train, so you know which ones you can avoid and save some gold.
- Holy Fire
- Shadow Word: Pain
- Mind Blast
- Prayer of Healing
- Resurrection - you only need the first rank of this.
- Power Word: Shield
- Flash Heal
- Greater Heal
- Inner Fire - keep this leveled up if you plan on leveling solo often.
- Psychic Scream - each time you level this up, you can fear an additional enemy.
- Holy Nova - each rank increases both damage and healing done.
- Divine Spirit
- Shadow Word: Death
- Binding Heal
- Shadowfiend - great for restoring Mana.
- 21 May 2021: Page added.
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank