Holy Priest Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 for TBC Classic
On this page, you will find our level-by-level Holy Priest leveling guide for TBC Classic. Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Priest leveling guide. We also have a Shadow Priest leveling guide and a Discipline Priest leveling guide.
Holy Priest Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
It is not recommended to level your Priest as a healer when playing solo, as this is a much slower playstyle than leveling as Shadow . If you do wish to level as Holy, it is highly recommended that you level in a group or constantly look for dungeons to join.
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
- Levels 10 - 12: 3 points in Improved Renew.
- Levels 13 - 14: 2 points in Holy Specialization.
- Levels 15 - 19: 5 points in Divine Fury.
Improved Renew, Holy Specialization, and Divine Fury all aim to increase your healing capabilities.
- Level 20: 1 point in Holy Nova.
- Levels 21 - 23: 3 points in Holy Specialization.
- Level 24: 1 point in Inspiration.
- Levels 25 - 27: 3 points in Improved Healing.
- Levels 28 - 29: 2 points in Inspiration.
Holy Specialization, Inspiration, and Improved Healing all further increase your healing spells. Holy Nova is a good spell if you are leveling in dungeons, as it is both offensive and defensive at the same time, but be aware of the high Mana cost.
- Level 30: 1 point in Spirit of Redemption.
- Levels 31 - 34: 4 points in Spiritual Guidance.
- Levels 35 - 39: 5 points in Spiritual Healing.
Spiritual Guidance and Spiritual Healing aim to even further increase your healing abilities. Spirit of Redemption is taken for the 5% Spirit increase, but also allows you to keep healing for 15 seconds after you die.
- Levels 40 - 42: 3 points in Holy Concentration.
- Levels 43 - 44: 2 points in Holy Reach.
- Levels 45 - 49: 5 points in Empowered Healing.
Holy Concentration helps with your Mana sustain, giving you free casts from time to time. Empowered Healing increases your healing spells even further, while Holy Reach is taken to increase the radius of your AoE healing spells.
- Level 50: 1 point in Circle of Healing.
- Levels 51 - 55: 5 points in Wand Specialization.
- Levels 56 - 58: 3 points in Improved Power Word: Shield.
- Level 59: 1 point in Improved Power Word: Fortitude.
Circle of Healing is a very
Mana-intensive, but amazing healing spell; it is an instant cast AoE that will heal all party
members around the target. Be very cautious about spamming this ability, as you
will run out of Mana quickly.
Wand Specialization is a good option, so you can use your wand and help out with some damage while you regenerate Mana.
- Level 60: 1 point in Improved Power Word: Fortitude.
- Levels 61 - 63: 3 points in Meditation.
- Level 64: 1 point in Inner Focus.
- Level 65: 1 point in Absolution.
- Levels 66 - 70: 5 points in Mental Agility.
Meditation, Inner Focus and Mental Agility all help immensely with your Mana issues.
- Dispel Magic to remove any threatening debuffs on your allies, or buffs on your enemies.
- Prayer of Mending on your tank on the pull, or if there is a lot of AoE damage.
- Power Word: Shield people in emergencies when they will die before you can finish a cast.
- Binding Heal if both you and your target are low health.
- Flash Heal people that need a quick emergency heal.
- Renew anyone that will take consistent damage and use the entire heal over time.
- Greater Heal anyone taking large amounts of damage.
- Heal anyone taking large amounts of damage.
- Lesser Heal anyone taking large amounts of damage.
- Circle of Healing if the entire group is near each other and taking large amounts of damage.
- Prayer of Healing if the entire group is taking large amounts of damage.
- Holy Nova if the group is stacked, all taking moderate damage, and you want to DPS a little.
Early on healing does not leave you with many options. Try to avoid over-healing people as you have a very limited Mana pool.
Holy Nova is nice for some early level AoE healing, and it even deals a bit of damage. Don't rely on this as a pure healing spell, as it heals for a low amount and has a high Mana cost.
By now, your Priest's healing kit is very well rounded, having many spells for all different situations. Flash Heal acts as your quick cast emergency heal, whereas Greater Heal is your long cast, big large heal. Utilizing the proper spell for each situation is what makes a healing priest great.
Pain Suppression is a great cooldown to save someone's life when they taking massive amounts of damage.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Training spells can be rather expensive, especially if you try to learn every spell available to you. Here we will give you a list of your top priority spells that you will want to train, so you know which ones you can avoid and save some money.
- Holy Fire
- Shadow Word: Pain
- Mind Blast
- Prayer of Healing
- Resurrection - you only need the first rank of this.
- Power Word: Shield
- Flash Heal
- Greater Heal
- Inner Fire - keep this leveled up if you plan on leveling solo often.
- Psychic Scream - each time you level this up you can fear an additional enemy.
- Holy Nova - each rank increases both damage and healing done.
- Circle of Healing
- Shadow Word: Death
- Binding Heal
- Shadowfiend - great for restoring Mana.
- 21 May 2021: Page added.
- What's Ahead for Wrath Classic (Developer Update)
- Faction and Transfer Restrictions Lifted in Burning Crusade Classic
- Dungeon XP and Mob Behavior Changes to Combat Boosting
- Joyous Journeys Summer XP Buff Coming to Burning Crusade Classic
- New Group Finder Details for Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- An Update on Wrath Classic Fresh Server Transfers
- Fresh Start Servers Coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-Patch
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank