Priest Leveling Guide From 1 to 70 for TBC Classic
This page contains general leveling advice for Priests in TBC Classic, as well as links to our spec-specific guides, which contain talent builds, rotations, and general advice for each spec throughout the leveling journey.
In this section, you will find our Priest leveling guide. Check out the different specializations down below to find one that fits your desired play style.
General TBC Leveling Advice
Providing non-Hunter leveling advice is outside the scope of this article and is covered in our general TBC leveling guide.
Talents and Specializations for Leveling Priests
Priests have three talent trees: Discipline, Holy, and Shadow.
Discipline is typically the PvP healer talent tree and is not the best for leveling solo. If you do, however, want to do some dungeons, PvP, and leveling by yourself, Discipline is a good spec for you.
Holy is a pure healer talent tree, and is only recommended if you plan on running dungeons for the majority of your time leveling. If you are left alone to level, you are best off changing your spec into one of the other trees.
Shadow is the Priest's DPS talent tree. If you are leveling solo, Shadow is a good leveling spec when played properly. DPSing as a Shadow Priest in a group is also decent while leveling, as you return some of your damage dealt back as Mana to your party, increasing their overall sustain.
Quickest Leveling Talents for Priests
If you want to optimize your leveling speed for solo play, it is recommended to follow the Shadow Priest leveling guide for your talents early on, as Mind Flay greatly increases your killing speed.
Dungeon Leveling as a Priest
One popular and efficient leveling strategy is dungeon grinding. Dungeons are much easier than people remember, they give higher experience, and with a solid group dungeons can match or even beat the experience per hour that questing gives.
If you choose to do this strategy, make sure to plan your spec according to your groups needs. You most likely will be needed as a healer, so plan your talents and play style around that.
Professions While Leveling
If your goal is to hit Level 70 as fast as possible, it is not recommended to pick up professions while leveling. However, some professions are very useful for either leveling or at Level 70, and can be worth the time investment while leveling.
First Aid is a must have profession at max level due to the no Mana cost healing it provides. Herbalism, Mining, and Skinning all are great choices for making gold towards your first mount, and can also be useful for helping to level other important professions later on, such as taking Herbalism to help level Alchemy.
- 21 May 2021: Guide added.
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- BCC Phase 2: Overlords of Outland Launch Delayed
- Overlords of Outland Guides for Burning Crusade Classic
- (Almost) All Reputations at Exalted and 95.7% AllTheThings in Burning Crusade Classic
- WoW Classic Guild APES Done With Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time