TBC Classic Feral Tank Druid Fire Resistance Gear Guide
The ultimate goal of such gear is to allow you to take vastly reduced Fire damage, which is critical to survive and finish the encounter.
Fire Resistance Gear
Fire Resistance gear is needed for Druids who want to tank Illidan Stormrage's Flame of Azzinoth adds in the first intermission.
All of the Epic-level Fire protection gear in TBC Classic is acquired from either crafting, quest rewards, or from the Badge of Justice vendor. Combining these pieces of gear, some enchants, consumables, and raid buffs, you should easily be able to reach an acceptable level of Fire Resistance.
In TBC Classic, the resistance cap for players against bosses is 365. Anything past 365 will be wasted. Combine some of the options listed below with your current gear to make the closest set to 365 possible while staying immune to critical strikes.
Finally, keep in mind that external buffs such as Fire Resistance Totem and Flask of Chromatic Wonder are very strong ways to increase your Fire Resistance without requiring specific gear, and should always be used to hit the cap.
|Pendant of Frozen Flame||30||Neck||The Cipher of Damnation — Shadowmoon Valley|
|Amulet of the Torn-heart||24||Neck||Pendant of Frozen Flame — Jewelcrafting|
|Wyrmcultist's Cloak||24||Back||Wyrmcult Provisioner — Meeting at the Blackwing Coven|
|Inferno Hardened Chestguard||60||Chest||30 x Badge of Justice|
|Inferno Hardened Gloves||40||Hands||20 x Badge of Justice|
|Inferno Hardened Leggings||55||Legs||30 x Badge of Justice|
|Inferno Hardened Boots||45||Feet||20 x Badge of Justice|
|Phoenix-fire Band||30||Finger||Trial of the Naaru: Magtheridon|
Fire Resistance Enchants
In addition to the Fire resistance gear shown above, there are a handful of enchants and gems that players can use to further increase their Fire Resistance if needed.
- Glyph of Fire Warding / Glyph of Fire Warding
- Inscription of Endurance
- Flame Armor Kit
- Enchant Cloak - Greater Fire Resistance
- Enchant Shield - Resistance
- Lesser Arcanum of Resilience
- Void Sphere
Fire Resistance Consumables
Players can also find Fire Resistance through consumables. Some of these offer additional resistances, while some will absorb a moderate amount of Fire damage. Flask of Chromatic Wonder is of particular note as a very powerful default flask for Feral Druids, which means you can use it on all bosses and not just Illidan Stormrage.
- Alchemy — Flask of Chromatic Wonder
- Cooking — Broiled Bloodfin
- Alchemy — Major Fire Protection Potion
Fire Resistance Buffs
Another great way to increase your Fire resistance are the multiple raid buffs provided by other players in your group, which go up to 70 extra Fire Resistance. Take note that these abilities do not stack, and only the strongest one will be applied, so you always want the Shaman Totem or Paladin Aura.
- Druid — Gift of the Wild
- Warlock — Fire Shield
- Paladin — Fire Resistance Aura
- Shaman — Fire Resistance Totem
Other Feral Tank Druid Gearing Guides
To check out our recommended Phase 3 best in slot gear, head over to:
- 09 Jan. 2022: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank