TBC Classic Jewelcrafting Profession and Leveling 1-375 Guide
Jewelcrafting is a new profession introduced in TBC Classic. Its main use is to cut a new material: gems. These are items that give certain stats depending on the color and the cut that can be placed into gem sockets found on certain items. These are similar to how enchants behave, allowing you to permanently increase the stats on a specific piece of gear as long as it has open sockets.
In this guide we will go over all the different items players with Jewelcrafting can make, how gems and sockets work, as well as help you level and get the most out of your new profession.
Jewelcrafting is the newest profession added with TBC Classic. It allows you to cut precious gems and create specialty items that many players will frequently need. Here we will show you how to quickly level up your new profession.
Jewelcrafting uses ores, metals, and stone to craft. It can be quite expensive to level and maintain so pairing it with Mining can be quite beneficial, especially early on when materials will be more expensive. Mining will allow you to farm your own materials without needing to buy them on the auction house.
Make sure to buy a Simple Grinder and Jeweler's Kit from your local Jewelcrafting Supplier or General Goods vendor as these are required to make many of the different crafts available to this profession.
You may also find that Jewelcrafting can be used to complement your goldmaking in TBC Classic. For more information on this among other methods involving alternative professions, please see our separate guide on the topic:
Prospecting is a new skill that comes alongside with Jewelcrafting. It allows you to convert 5 ore into random materials, most commonly gems that are needed for many different patterns such as Jade.
Similar to how other professions work, each ore has a minimum skill required to be able to Prospect it, based on your Jewelcrafting skill. Prospecting can be an easy way to obtain some rare gems, and even profitable when used on endgame ore.
|5 x Ore Type||Required Skill Level||Common||Rare|
|Fel Iron Ore||275||
Estimated Materials Needed
- 20 x Copper Bar
- 100 x Rough Stone
- 20 x Tigerseye
- 80 x Bronze Bar
- 60 x Silver Bar
- 200 x Heavy Stone
- 20 x Moss Agate
- 120 x Mithril Bar
- 40 x Truesilver Bar
- 10 x Citrine
- 20 x Elemental Water
- 35 x Aquamarine
- 40 x Flask of Mojo
- 50 x Thorium Bar
- 10 x Star Ruby
- 10 x Heart of the Wild
- 10 x Large Opal
- 30 x Blue Sapphire
- 10 x Essence of Undeath
- 20 x Huge Emerald
You will need around 80 total of these, depending on your Design choice:
- Golden Draenite
- Shadow Draenite
- Azure Moonstone
- Blood Garnet
- Deep Peridot
- Flame Spessarite
You will need around 20 total of these, depending on your Design choice:
- Living Ruby
- Noble Topaz
- Star of Elune
Finally, You will need 10 total of these, depending on your Design choice:
- Earthstorm Diamond
- Swift Skyfire Diamond
Apprentice to Artisan
Jewelcrafting can only be learned in the new cities of Outland, Silvermoon City, and Exodar.
- [H] Kalinda in Silvermoon City.
- [A] Farii in Exodar.
To train past skill level 300, you will need to talk with a Master Jewelcrafting trainer in Outland, which can be found at:
- [H] Kalaen at Thrallmar in Hellfire Peninsula, around coordinates (57,37);
- [A] Tatiana at Honor hold in Hellfire Peninsula, around coordinates (55,64).
- Both factions can also be trained by Xyrol at Area52 in Netherstorm, around coordinates (32,67).
Leveling Jewelcrafting (1-300)
Delicate Copper Wire (2 x Copper Bar)
Rough Stone Statue (8 x Rough Stone)
Tigerseye Band (1 x Tigerseye, 1x Delicate Copper Wire)
Bronze Setting (2 x Bronze Bar)
Elegant Silver Ring (1 x Silver Bar)
Ring of Silver Might (2 x Silver Bar)
Heavy Stone Statue (8 x Heavy Stone)
For these skill levels, you will need to purchase the Design: Pendant of the Agate Shield. This is typically the cheapest way to level Jewelcrafting, but you may use other recipes to skill-up with instead. This Design can be found in the following locations:
- [H] Jandia at Freewind post in Thousand Needles.
- [A] Neal Allen at Menethil Harbor in Wetlands.
Pendant of the Agate Shield (1 x Bronze Setting, 1 x Moss Agate)
Mithril Filigree (2 x Mithril Bar)
Engraved Truesilver Ring (1 x Truesilver Bar, 2 x Mithril Bar)
Citrine Ring of Rapid Healing (2 x Mithril Bar, 1 x Citrine, 2 x Elemental Water)
Aquamarine Signet (3 x Aquamarine, 4 x Flask of Mojo)
Aquamarine Pendant of the Warrior (1 x Aquamarine, 3 x Mithril Filigree)
Thorium Setting (1 x Thorium Bar)
Ruby Pendant of Fire (1 x Thorium Setting, 1 x Star Ruby)
Truesilver Healing Ring (2 x Truesilver Bar, 2 x Heart of the Wild)
Simple Opal Ring (1 x Large Opal, 1 x Thorium Setting)
Sapphire Signet (2 x Truesilver Bar, 1 x Thorium Setting, 4 x Blue Sapphire)
Sapphire Pendant of Winter Night (1 x Essence of Undeath, 1 x Thorium Setting, 1 x Blue Sapphire)
Emerald Lion Ring (1 x Thorium Setting, 2 x Huge Emerald)
Leveling Jewelcrafting (300-375)
Head through the Dark Portal and head to your respective Jewelcrafting trainer in Hellfire Peninsula. Learn or buy these at the trainer and use whichever you have the materials for to earn your skill-ups.
- Design: Brilliant Golden Draenite — 1 x Golden Draenite
- Design: Glowing Shadow Draenite — 1 x Shadow Draenite
- Design: Solid Azure Moonstone — 1 x Azure Moonstone
- Design: Teardrop Blood Garnet — 1 x Blood Garnet
- Design: Radiant Deep Peridot — 1 x Deep Peridot
- Design: Inscribed Flame Spessarite — 1 x Flame Spessarite
As we did above, grab whichever design matches the materials you have. You will need to make a high amount of these to get to 325.
- Design: Sparkling Azure Moonstone — 1 x Azure Moonstone
- Design: Bold Blood Garnet — 1 x Blood Garnet
- Design: Jagged Deep Peridot — 1 x Deep Peridot
Following the same pattern, get whichever design you can obtain from reputation and keep crafting with the materials you have.
- Design: Enduring Deep Peridot / Design: Enduring Deep Peridot — 1 x Deep Peridot
- Design: Runed Blood Garnet — 1 x Blood Garnet
- Design: Shifting Shadow Draenite — 1 x Shadow Draenite
- Design: Stormy Azure Moonstone — 1 x Azure Moonstone
- Design: Thick Golden Draenite — 1 x Golden Draenite
- Design: Glinting Flame Spessarite — 1 x Flame Spessarite
Grab whichever design you have the reputation and materials to make for this final push.
- Design: Dazzling Deep Peridot — 1 x Deep Peridot
- Design: Delicate Blood Garnet — 1 x Blood Garnet
- Design: Lustrous Azure Moonstone — 1 x Azure Moonstone
- Design: Potent Flame Spessarite — 1 x Flame Spessarite
- Design: Rigid Golden Draenite — 1 x Golden Draenite
- Design: Sovereign Shadow Draenite — 1 x Shadow Draenite
Here we will be crafting Rare gem patterns, such as Design: Solid Star of Elune. Craft whichever you can access easily as some of these patterns can be rather expensive on the auction house.
Try to craft something you can get easily that may also sell for a profit on the auction house. If the prices are extremely high, you can look for uncommon gem designs that will sell for cheap, such as Design: Radiant Talasite. Simply search the auction house for each gem name and find what is appropriate for your budget.
- 1 x Dawnstone
- 1 x Nightseye
- 1 x Talasite
- 1 x Living Ruby
- 1 x Noble Topaz
- 1 x Star of Elune
For these final skill-ups we have a few different options. Design: Braided Eternium Chain is a good choice as the materials can be easily and cheaply acquired compared to the rest of the options, but the Design can be hard to come by.
The other options will be crafting meta gems, specifically whichever you can obtain based on your reputation with different factions. Try to cut meta gems for other players in global channels, or simply buy and cut the meta gems on the auction house and sell them back.
- Design: Braided Eternium Chain — 2 x Eternium Bar, 3 x Mercurial Adamantite
- Design: Bracing Earthstorm Diamond — 1 x Earthstorm Diamond
- Design: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond — 1 x Earthstorm Diamond
- Design: Powerful Earthstorm Diamond — 1 x Earthstorm Diamond
- Design: Swift Skyfire Diamond — 1 x Swift Skyfire Diamond
- Design: Mystical Skyfire Diamond — 1 x Swift Skyfire Diamond
- 01 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Infinite A'dal Vs. Terokk Fist Fight - Brilliant Bug Use
- Bans Going Out for Ogri'la Quest Exploit, Up to 6 Months + Hilarious Hotfix Consequences
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time