TBC Classic Protection Warrior Spec, Builds, and Talents
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talent choices and builds for your Protection Warrior in TBC Classic.
Protection Warrior Talent Builds for PvE
Protection Warrior talent builds are typically very precise, as you need to get specific talents in multiple different trees.
If you are looking for leveling builds, please refer to our leveling guide for Warriors.
Protection Warrior Raiding Talent Build
This is the standard Protection Warrior build. While there can be some difference between the filler points, the core build is the same. Protection Warrior has a couple of options when it comes to certain talents, such as taking Improved Demoralizing Shout or Improved Defensive Stance depending on the fight and the needs of the raid.
Notable Protection Warrior Talents
Here we go over some of the key talents that you will want to have if specializing in Protection.
- Improved Heroic Strike is one of the best talents you have access to. This talent will save you an immense amount of Rage over the duration of a boss fight.
- Improved Thunder Clap is a great talent, essentially reducing damage dealt by enemies by an additional 10% and generating decent threat on up to 4 targets.
- Impale is not worth taking as a Protection Warrior, as the threat gained is shadowed by the threat lost from other talents, as well as the survivability.
- Cruelty adds a nice boost to threat generation.
- Unbridled Wrath is not the best talent, but sometimes the 1 extra Rage point can be the difference between using your ability and sitting around waiting for Rage.
- Improved Demoralizing Shout is something you may want to take if there are no other Warriors in your raid, as this reduces the boss's damage dealt greatly.
- Anticipation grants Defense SKILL, not Defense Rating, making this a huge talent for critical hit immunity and avoidance.
- Defiance is massive for your threat generation, giving you an additional 15% threat multiplier and 6 Expertise SKILL.
- Focused Rage is an amazing talent, reducing the Rage cost of all your offensive abilities by 3, stacking with other similar talents.
- 26 May 2021: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2