TBC Classic Protection Warrior Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Warrior in TBC Classic for PvE content.
Protection Warrior Enchants
Here is a complete list of the recommended Protection Warrior enchants, followed by some notes for certain slots.
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed|
|Finger||Enchant Ring - Stats (Enchanting only)|
|Shield||Enchant Shield - Major Stamina|
Glyph of the Defender is the recommended head enchant as it offers more stats overall. Presence of Might is still quite strong, though, and can easily be used until you get the required reputation for the Glyph if you have any left over from Classic.
Choose either Greater Inscription of Warding or Greater Inscription of the Knight, depending on your faction choice between The Aldor or The Scryers. Fortitude of the Scourge is still a very strong option and is the better enchant when you no longer need the defense rating from the other options.
Enchant Cloak - Greater Agility is the recommended enchant for your back, as it offers a nice balance of offense and defense. Enchant Cloak - Major Armor is a good option to use when lower geared as the mitigation offered is very nice.
Enchant Chest - Exceptional Health is your go-to chest enchant, offering a sizable amount of health. Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats may also be used when threat is more of a concern than being tanky.
Enchant Bracer - Fortitude is your recommended bracer enchant, offering a high amount of Stamina. Enchant Bracer - Major Defense can be used if you are struggling to reach defense cap, especially if wearing resistance gear.
Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility is a very well-balanced glove enchant, offering you everything you want. Glove Reinforcements is a lesser used enchant, but is actually the tankiest glove enchant you can get. Heavy Knothide Armor Kit offers 10 Stamina, which can help on specific magic damage-based fights.
Lastly, Enchant Gloves - Threat can be used for the threat increase, although it is minor, especially when looking at the Critical Strike you could have gained from the Agility enchant.
Nethercleft Leg Armor are massive, granting a huge amount of stamina and agility. Unlike other enchants, these are obtained from Leatherworking.
Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed is recommended for the stamina and the 8% movement speed it offers.
Should you choose to pick Enchanting as a profession, Enchant Ring - Stats is the ring enchant you will want to get.
Weapon and Shield
Enchant Weapon - Mongoose offers a nice mix of offense and defense capabilities through the proc. Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility is a viable cheaper alternative if you have an inferior weapon or cannot afford Mongoose.
Enchant Shield - Major Stamina is the only real option for your shield, offering a very large amount of health.
Protection Warrior Gemming
In this section we will give you all of the gems you want to use as a Protection Warrior. Typically, you will want to ignore socket bonuses unless they offer 3 or more Stamina, or 4 or more of Defense/Dodgy/Agility, and just use Solid Star of Elune.
|Powerful Earthstorm Diamond (make sure to meet the requirements for it to be active)|
|Solid Empyrean Sapphire|
Complete Protection Warrior Consumable List
Here is a full list of the recommended Protection Warrior consumables by category, and their uses.
You should use Flask of Fortification by default, or Flask of Chromatic Wonder for resistance fights, both of which persist through death.
- Elixir of Major Agility has great offensive stats.
- Elixir of Demonslaying should be used against demon bosses.
- Elixir of Major Fortitude is your main Guardian Elixir.
- Elixir of Major Defense is slightly stronger than the health from the Fortitude Elixir on pure Physical damage fights.
- Elixir of Ironskin can be used if you are not immune to critical strikes.
Fisherman's Feast is the recommended food buff. Alternatively, you can eat Spicy Crawdad. Spicy Hot Talbuk is useful to help with the Hit Cap and threat.
Scroll of Strength V, Scroll of Protection V, and Scroll of Agility V can and should all be used at the same time. Try to find them for a decent price from the auction house, or get them off Field Repair Bot 110G.
There are many potions a Protection Warrior can make use of.
- Mighty Rage Potion should be used liberally on trash.
- Ironshield Potion is your survivability potion.
- Haste Potion is used for boss threat.
- Free Action Potion is great for avoiding stuns or slows.
- Super Healing Potion is a cheap potion that can be used in dungeons or early raiding.
- Swiftness Potion is useful for high movement bosses.
- Invisibility Potion can be used for skipping trash.
- The following potions can be used to absorb damage from different
- Major Fire Protection Potion
- Major Frost Protection Potion
- Major Nature Protection Potion
- Major Shadow Protection Potion
- Major Arcane Protection Potion
- Major Holy Protection Potion
- Crystal Charge is an instant cast AoE damaging bomb.
- Stratholme Holy Water can be useful for AoEing Undead mobs.
Here is a list of the unique consumables provided by each individual profession.
Oil of Immolation helps with AoE tanking.
- Adamantite Weightstone (blunt weapons) should be used if you are not getting the benefit of a Windfury Totem, with Adamantite Sharpening Stone being the equivalent for sharp weapons.
- Greater Rune of Warding is a temporary chest buff that absorbs some Physical damage periodically.
- Greater Ward of Shielding can only be used outside of combat on your currently equipped shield, which absorbs some damage.
- Super Sapper Charge is great for AoE snap threat.
- The Bigger One deals high damage in a large radius.
- Arcane Bomb provides 5-second AoE silence and can be useful in many situations.
Heavy Netherweave Bandage is great for healing and useful to generate some threat in dungeons if used after a Bloodrage while line ofsighting.
- Nightmare Seed is something you should always have a large surplus of; they are an amazing low-cooldown mini version of Last Stand.
- Flame Cap's procs offer a small damage increase.
- 16 Jan. 2022: Added Phase 3 Gems.
- 14 Jul. 2021: Fixed some incorrect enchants & typos.
- 26 May 2021: Guide added.
- Honor Reward Increases and Requirement Decreases Coming to Burning Crusade Classic With January 27th Update
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 26th
- Blizzard Working on a New Survival Game for PC and Console
- Announcements We Can Expect this Week? (Speculation Post)
- Hardcore One-Life Ragnaros (and Rest of Molten Core)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 21st
- A Message from Mike Ybarra
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3, Patch 2.5.3 Notes
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?