TBC Classic Protection Warrior Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Warrior in TBC Classic for PvE content.
Protection Warrior Enchants
Here is a complete list of the recommended Protection Warrior enchants, followed by some notes for certain slots.
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed|
|Finger||Enchant Ring - Stats (Enchanting only)|
|Shield||Enchant Shield - Major Stamina|
Choose either Greater Inscription of Warding or Greater Inscription of the Knight, depending on your faction choice between The Aldor or The Scryers. Fortitude of the Scourge is still a very strong option and is the better enchant when you no longer need the defense rating from the other options.
Enchant Chest - Exceptional Health is your go-to chest enchant, offering a sizable amount of health. Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats may also be used when threat is more of a concern than being tanky. Enchant Chest - Major Resilience remains a solid option for hitting crit immunity. Enchant Chest - Defense is available in Phase 5 and helps reach the defense cap while offering some avoidance.
Enchant Bracer - Fortitude is your recommended bracer enchant, offering a high amount of Stamina. Enchant Bracer - Major Defense can be used if you are struggling to reach defense cap, especially if wearing resistance gear. Enchant Bracer - Stats is a decent threat option.
Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility is a very well-balanced glove enchant, offering you everything you want. Glove Reinforcements is a lesser used enchant, but is actually the tankiest glove enchant you can get. Heavy Knothide Armor Kit offers 10 Stamina, which can help on specific magic damage-based fights.
Lastly, Enchant Gloves - Threat can be used for the threat increase, although it is minor, especially when looking at the Critical Strike you could have gained from the Agility enchant. I recommend using Threat to gloves for your main gloves.
Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed is recommended for the stamina and the 8% movement speed it offers.
Weapon and Shield
Enchant Weapon - Mongoose offers a nice mix of offense and defense capabilities through the proc. Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility is a viable cheaper alternative if you have an inferior weapon or cannot afford Mongoose.
Enchant Weapon - Executioner is the weapon enchant available in Phase 5. It offers higher threat than Mongoose, but has no defensive side to it.
Enchant Shield - Major Stamina is the only real option for your shield, offering a very large amount of health.
Protection Warrior Gemming
In this section we will give you all of the gems you want to use as a Protection Warrior. Typically, you will want to ignore socket bonuses unless they offer 3 or more Stamina, or 4 or more of Defense/Dodgy/Agility, and just use Solid Star of Elune.
|Powerful Earthstorm Diamond (make sure to meet the requirements for it to be active)|
|Solid Empyrean Sapphire|
Complete Protection Warrior Consumable List
Here is a full list of the recommended Protection Warrior consumables by category, and their uses.
- Elixir of Major Agility has great offensive stats.
- Elixir of Demonslaying should be used against demon bosses.
- Elixir of Major Fortitude is your main Guardian Elixir.
- Elixir of Major Defense is slightly stronger than the health from the Fortitude Elixir on pure Physical damage fights.
- Elixir of Ironskin can be used if you are not immune to critical strikes.
- Gift of Arthas if you aren't worried about increasing your defensive stats, this is great to increase your raids damage output, and even gives you a small amount of threat per second from the proc.
Scroll of Strength V, Scroll of Protection V, and Scroll of Agility V can and should all be used at the same time. Try to find them for a decent price from the auction house, or get them off Field Repair Bot 110G.
There are many potions a Protection Warrior can make use of.
- Mighty Rage Potion should be used liberally on trash.
- Ironshield Potion is your survivability potion.
- Haste Potion is used for boss threat.
- Free Action Potion is great for avoiding stuns or slows.
- Super Healing Potion is a cheap potion that can be used in dungeons or easier raids.
- Swiftness Potion is useful for high movement bosses.
- Invisibility Potion can be used for skipping trash.
- Crystal Charge is an instant cast AoE damaging bomb.
- Stratholme Holy Water can be useful for AoEing Undead mobs.
Here is a list of the unique consumables provided by each individual profession.
Oil of Immolation helps with AoE tanking.
- Adamantite Weightstone (blunt weapons) should be used if you are not getting the benefit of a Windfury Totem, with Adamantite Sharpening Stone being the equivalent for sharp weapons, or on your off-hand weapon if you are dual wielding.
- Greater Rune of Warding is a temporary chest buff that absorbs some Physical damage periodically.
- Greater Ward of Shielding can only be used outside of combat on your currently equipped shield, which absorbs some damage at the start of combat.
- Super Sapper Charge is great for AoE snap threat.
- The Bigger One deals high damage in a large radius.
- Dense Dynamite deals damage in a large radius, can be used while moving.
- Arcane Bomb provides 5-second AoE silence and can be useful in many situations.
- Nightmare Seed is something you should always have a large surplus of; they are an amazing low-cooldown mini version of Last Stand.
- Flame Cap's procs offer a small threat increase.
- 02 May 2022: Added Phase 5 content.
- 25 Mar. 2022: Added executioner enchant.
- 16 Jan. 2022: Added Phase 3 Gems.
- 14 Jul. 2021: Fixed some incorrect enchants & typos.
- 26 May 2021: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer