Protection Warrior Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Warrior, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Protection Warrior gems and enchants.
Best Gems for Protection Warriors
You should use Quick Jewel Cluster in all of your sockets.
To better understand the suggestion above, you can take a look at our Stats page. This will explain every stat in-depth, so you can get a better understanding of why these specific ones are the best for Protection Warriors.
Best Enchants for Protection Warriors
Consumables for Protection Warriors
Best Flasks and Potions for Protection
Use Spectral Flask of Power as your flask.
Use Potion of Spectral Strength as your "pre-pot" and combat potion. If you are fighting a single enemy you can also use Potion of Phantom Fire. If there are multiple enemies you may opt for Potion of Empowered Exorcisms for the damage benefit. These potions will become even stronger if used together with according Weapon Oils.
During encounters, your combat potion should generally be used in combination with Bloodlust/ Heroism, if those are used later in the fight, during periods of high damage as a defensive tool, or during your offensive cooldowns to further increase damage.
You should use Cosmic Healing Potion for in-combat healing.
Additionally, Healthstones do not share a cooldown with normal healing potions, so if you have access to a Warlock make sure you are using both.
Best Food for Protection
You should eat Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic for the Haste buff. If that is unavailable, use the appropriate food according to the stat priority.
In addition to Potions and Enchants mentioned above we can also use Weapon Oils, Armor kits and Weightstones that enhance our gear even further. These are not permanent and need to be re-applied after an hour or two, so be sure to get multiple of each.
Weapon Oils provide you with additional benefits like extra damage from Shadowcore Oil or extra healing from Embalmer's Oil. In addition to this they also enhance certain potions like Potion of Phantom Fire and Potion of Empowered Exorcisms.
Weightstones are just a flat attack power increase for a hour. Be sure to get the correct one for your weapon type: Shaded Sharpening Stone for bladed weapons and Shaded Weightstone for blunt weapons.
Heavy Desolate Armor Kit increases the Stamina on your Chest piece by 32.
Augment Runes for Protection
If you can afford it, you should use Veiled Augment Runes (or the permanent Eternal Augment Rune) to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 06 Oct. 2021: Swapped Cloak enchant from Fortified Speed to Fortified Leech.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 11 Feb. 2021: Updated food choice from Feast to Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic.
- 28 Dec. 2020: Added Celestial Guidance as possible weapon enchant.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Removed Augment Rune and added new Enchants, Gems, Potions and extra consumables.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Awesome Hard Mode 4 Ahn'Qiraj Season of Mastery World First Clear Video
- Anduin as the Lich King (AI-Generated Art Piece)
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Invite Wave Went Out
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 24th - Class Tuning
- Upcoming Class Tuning: June 28th
- Will Dragonflight Release in November 2022?
- Dragonflight Pre-Order Pet Double the Size of the Player Character
- Naxxramas New Season of Mastery Features Teased