Protection Warrior Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2. We also give budget alternatives.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Tank Warrior enchants and consumables.
1. Best Gems for Protection Warriors
2. Best Enchants for Protection Warriors
3. Consumables for Protection Warriors
3.1. Best Flasks and Potions for Protection
Use Greater Flask of the Undertow as your flask.
Use Superior Battle Potion of Strength as your "pre-pot" and combat potion. If there are at least 4 enemies nearby, Potion of Empowered Proximity grants more Strength than Superior Battle Potion of Strength.
During combat, Superior Battle Potion of Strength should generally be used in combination with Bloodlust/ Heroism, if those are used later in the fight, during periods of high damage as a defensive tool, or during your offensive cooldowns to further increase damage.
You should use Abyssal Healing Potion for in-combat healing.
Additionally, Healthstones do not share a cooldown with normal healing potions, so if you have access to a Warlock make sure you are using both.
3.2. Best Food for Protection
You should eat Famine Evaluator And Snack Table for the Strength buff.
Honey Potpie can be very useful in Mythic+, as it improves your ability to kite enemies.
3.3. Augment Runes for Protection
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Added information about Potion of Empowered Proximity.
- 25 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and there are no changes necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for BfA Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed and there are no changes necessary for Patch 8.1.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Changed weapon enchant recommendation to Haste enchant.
- 24 Aug. 2018: Added note about Haste weapon enchant.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Adjusted formatting.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- New Goblin & Worgen Models Coming in Patch 8.2.5
- Classic Spotlight: Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 12th
- Beguiling Affix - Void-Touched Emissary Nerf: July 12th
- 3 Days of WoW Game Time for Inactive Players
- WoW Classic Beta Ends Today
- Aqueous Reliquary Drop Clarifications
- Hunter Beta Issues - Not a Bug, Fixed and Actual Bugs
- Destruction Warlock 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Protection Warrior 8.2
- Completely lost here on Icy-Veins
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Restoration Druid 8.2