Protection Warrior Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Warrior, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Protection Warrior gems and enchants.
Best Gems for Protection Warriors
You should use aim to use gems that provide you with Haste, as that is our most valued secondary stat. The list below consists of gems that are all very good for Protection Warriors.
- Fierce Illimited Diamond
- Crafty Ysemerald
- Energized Ysemerald
- Quick Ysemerald
To better understand the suggestion above, you can take a look at our Stats page. This will explain every stat in-depth so you can get a better understanding of why these specific ones are the best for Protection Warriors.
Best Enchants for Protection Warriors
Consumables for Protection Warriors
Under this section, you can find the most suitable consumables for Protection Warriors.
Best Phials and Potions for Protection
- Phial of Tepid Versatility in Mythic+ and Raids
Use Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power as your "pre-pot" and combat potion. In Mythic+, you can also opt to use Potion of Shocking Disclosure, as it does a lot of pulsing AoE damage.
During encounters, your combat potion should generally be used in combination with Bloodlust/ Heroism if those are used later in the fight, during periods of high damage as a defensive tool, or during your offensive cooldowns to further increase damage.
You should use Dreamwalker's Healing Potion for in-combat healing.
Additionally, Healthstones do not share a cooldown with normal healing potions, so if you have access to a Warlock, make sure you are using both.
Best Food for Protection
Whenever possible, you should eat Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak. If main stat feasts are unavailable, use the appropriate food according to the stat priority, for example, Feisty Fish Sticks.
In addition to Potions and Enchants mentioned above, we can also use Runes and Weightstones that enhance our gear even further. These are not permanent and need to be re-applied after an hour or two, so be sure to get multiple of each.
- Howling Rune / Buzzing Rune
- Primal Whetstone / Primal Weightstone
Augment Runes for Protection
You can use Draconic Augment Rune, to further increase your strength. Keep in mind that the effects of Augment Runes are lost on death.
Dreambound Augment Rune are also available through the Dream Wardens Rank 18 Renown in the Emerald Dream. Once you gain access to this, you will not need to spend money on buying Augment Runes.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed and updated for Patch 10.2.
- 02 Oct. 2023: Replaced Frozen Devotion with Wafting Devotion.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5, added Buzzing Rune as a option.
- 21 Jun. 2023: Added Frosted Armor Kit as a possible leg enchant.
- 16 May 2023: Added Shadowed Belt Clasp, waist enchant.
- 09 May 2023: Updated Primordial Gem stones.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.0.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Updated the Primordial Stone list.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Added Humming Arcane Stone as a viable gem and updated the Onyx Annulet use cases.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added information about Primordial Stone Gems and reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 26 Dec. 2022: Added additional Haste gem suggestions.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Replaced Sophic Devotion weapon enchant with a more offensive Frozen Devotion.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players