Protection Warrior Tank Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Tank Warrior enchants and consumables.
Best Gems for Protection Warriors
Best Enchants for Protection Warriors
Consumables for Protection Warriors
Best Flasks and Potions for Protection
Use Greater Flask of the Undertow as your flask.
Use Superior Battle Potion of Strength as your "pre-pot" and combat potion. If there are at least 4 enemies nearby, Potion of Empowered Proximity grants more Strength than Superior Battle Potion of Strength.
If you are trying to maximize damage, use Potion of Unbridled Fury instead.
During combat, your combat potion should generally be used in combination with Bloodlust/ Heroism, if those are used later in the fight, during periods of high damage as a defensive tool, or during your offensive cooldowns to further increase damage.
You should use Abyssal Healing Potion for in-combat healing.
Additionally, Healthstones do not share a cooldown with normal healing potions, so if you have access to a Warlock make sure you are using both.
Best Food for Protection
Honey Potpie can be very useful in Mythic+, as it improves your ability to kite enemies.
Augment Runes for Protection
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated Augment Rune section.
- 26 Aug. 2019: Changed weapon enchant suggestion to Force Multiplier. Added note about Baked Port Tato.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Added information about Potion of Empowered Proximity.
- 25 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and there are no changes necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for BfA Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed and there are no changes necessary for Patch 8.1.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Changed weapon enchant recommendation to Haste enchant.
- 24 Aug. 2018: Added note about Haste weapon enchant.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Adjusted formatting.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- End of Fall of the Lich King Remastered Cinematic
- How Addons Affect Raid Design - A Morgan Day Interview
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Horde Players (US)
- Class Balance Changes: February 25th
- Horrific Visions Changes Coming on February 25
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Alliance Players (EU)
- Don't Forget to Opt In for Shadowlands Beta
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 20th
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide
- Fire Mage PvP 8.3
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Fury Warrior 8.3
- Assassination Rogue 8.3
- Frost Death Knight PvP 8.3
- Titan Research Archive
- Unholy Aoe Question