Warlock Class Overview
Warlocks were mages that delved too deeply into the roots of demonic power. Consumed by a lust for dark knowledge, they've tapped into chaotic magics from beyond the world. The Burning Legion now feeds them their powers, allowing them to channel destructive energies and call upon the powerful emissaries of their demon masters.
Races For Warlocks
In Burning Crusade, Warlocks can be Gnomes and Humans for Alliance, and Undead, Orcs and the new Blood Elves for the Horde.
Warlock Changes from Classic to The Burning Crusade
Warlocks have quite a few new things added and changed for us in TBC, including Talent reworks, new amazing Spells and Talents that make us one of the strongest DPS classes in the game, and let us not forget arguably the most exciting change, Summon Felguard, which you can use to cleave your way to the top of the meters.
Warlock are able to choose from 3 specializations: Affliction, Demonology and Destruction.
- Affliction uses Damage over Time abilities (DoTs) to slowly rot their enemies down, rather than using solely direct damage. They also provide really good utility.
- Demonology mainly increases the damage of the demons a Warlock can summon, as well as making sure the Warlock itself has more survivability.
- Destruction is focused around doing as much damage as possible with big spells like Shadow Bolt and Incinerate to deal catastrophic damage and their talent tree reflects it.
Gearing a Warlock
Warlocks are only able to wear Cloth.
Warlocks are able to use Daggers, Staves, Swords (One-handed), Off Hands and Wands.
All major Alliances cities have a Warlock trainer in them. All major Horde cities, except for Thunder Bluff, have a Warlock trainer available in them. Simply talk with a guard in any major city and ask for the Warlock trainer.
How good are Warlocks in TBC Classic?
Warlocks are arguably the best DPS classes throughout all of TBC and likely will be throughout TBC Classic. They fight for the top spot against Hunters and the winner is normally based on the fight.
Is Fire or Shadow Destruction better?
Fire Destruction is the highest possible damage that you can do, assuming that you meet all of the requirements to fully enable its potential, such as having a Fire Mage, Flame Caps, Spellfire set, and so on.
Is it easy to learn to play a Warlock in TBC Classic?
Warlocks are a fairly easy class to learn for both PvE and PvP purposes.
What are the best professions for a Warlock?
For PvE, you should always be Tailoring and Enchanting for the biggest boost to your DPS. If you are focusing on PvP, then you should take Engineering and Enchanting.
Warlock Guides for The Burning Crusade: Classic
The links below will take you to our leveling guides for the various Warlock specializations, allowing you to level in the most efficient way in The Burning Crusade Classic.
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Affliction Warlock Leveling Guide
- Demonology Warlock Leveling Guide
- Warlock Level 58 Boost Guide
Beyond leveling or trying out your boosted character, you may also be interested in our full guides for Level 70 Warlocks as you explore all that TBC Classic has to offer:
- 06 Jun. 2021: Added links to general specialization guides.
- 21 May 2021: Page added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta Notes: October 5th
- Burning Crusade and WoW Classic Hotfixes: October 4th
- Brewfest Extended an Extra Day in Burning Crusade Classic
- Melee Hunter Guide - Hunter Melee Physical DPS
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC