WotLK Classic Enhancement Shaman Guide
Welcome to our Enhancement Shaman guide for WotLK Classic, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how all you need to know to play Enhancement Shaman proficiently. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Enhancement Shaman is arguably the highest skill cap melee specialization in Wrath Classic, alongside Feral DPS Druid. Fortunately, it is still possible to do well while learning the details, especially when dealing AoE damage, which is where Enhancement excels!
They also provide powerful support totems such as Windfury Totem, Wrath of Air Totem, and Strength of Earth Totem, and have utility totems such as Tremor Totem and Cleansing Totem that can keep allies safe.
If you would like to see where Shaman falls in the overall rankings among DPS specs for both PvE and PvP in Wrath Classic, we have created pages dedicated to explaining what classes and specializations are the best of the best through multiple factors. However, ultimately, you should not let these lists dissuade you from playing what you enjoy.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Melee requirement for most of rotation can be awkward in some bosses.
- Low single-target DPS if complex rotation is not performed optimally.
- High amount of Spell Damage dealt causes Armor Penetration to be a bad stat, causing scaling issues in later phases.
Best Races for Enhancement Shaman
Draenei is the only race available. While it is not the most impactful Shaman races, it does provide useful benefits such as its 1% group Hit aura.
- Gemcutting increases your Jewelcrafting skill by 5.
- Gift of the Naaru is an instant-cast spell with a 3-minute cooldown that heals over time. Because it is free, it can be occasionally useful, and being on the Holy school allows you to cast it in PvP even while interrupted on Nature.
- Heroic Presence increases your party's chance to Hit by 1%.
- Shadow Resistance increases your Shadow Resistance by 10.
Orc is the best race for all types of content, with Troll being decently close for PvE, and Tauren has some nice survivability tools but nothing for extra DPS.
- Axe Specialization increases your expertise by 5 while wielding an Axe.
- Blood Fury is a 2-minute cooldown that increases your offensive stats for 15 seconds.
- Command increases your pet damage dealt by 5%.
- Hardiness decreases the duration of stuns on you by 15%.
Orc is the go-to PvP race, due to Hardiness, which reduces the duration of stun effects. They are also great in PvE due to Axe Specialization and Blood Fury, which double dips off Mental Quickness and no longer reduces healing on you!
- Beast Slaying gives a 5% damage bonus against Beasts.
- Berserking is a 3-minute cooldown that gives you 20% increased attack and casting speed for 10 seconds.
- Regeneration gives +10% passive health regeneration and allows you to regenerate 10% of your total health regeneration during combat.
Trolls are a decent choice if your goal is to maximize your throughput, due to Berserking. Beast Slaying can also be useful against Beast-type enemies.
- Cultivation increases your Herbalism skill by 15.
- Endurance increases your total health by 5%.
- Nature Resistance increases your Nature Resistance by 10.
- War Stomp is a 2-minute cooldown that stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds, with a 0.5-second cast time.
Best Professions for Enhancement Shaman
In Wrath all professions have unique stat bonus benefits, with gathering professions giving the lowest and Engineering and Jewelcrafting (before Epic gems) having the most powerful and flexible benefits, especially in early phases. Blacksmithing also catches up later when Epic gems are introduced.
Engineering is great because of the unique Hyperspeed Accelerators tinker, which gives 340 Haste for 12 seconds every minute. By using this extra Haste during your cooldowns or on difficult parts of a fight, you can get more benefit than the static stats of other professions. Engineering also provides multiple explosives for extra damage and Nitro Boosts for a burst of speed!
Jewelcrafting is also great because while most other professions force you to take Attack Power, you can pick from any stat with Jewelcrafting's Epic gems, allowing you to adjust your stats as needed.
Best Shaman Macros and Addons
Using macros and addons makes your life significantly easier when playing Wrath Classic, and they can improve your experience a lot, depending on how skilled you are at customizing them.
If you are interested in learning more about addons and macros suited to Enhancement Shaman, check out our guides below:
- 28 Oct. 2023 (pre-raid gear page): Swapped bracer slot.
- 04 Oct. 2023 (stats page): Added information on the critical strike cap for Phase 4.
- 04 Oct. 2023 (rotation page): Added information on the end of weaving and weapon sync in Phase 4.
- 04 Oct. 2023 (talents page): Added physical main-hand talents and text on Phase 4 specifics.
- 01 Oct. 2023 (gear page): Updated for Phase 4.
- 26 Sep. 2023 (pre-raid gear page): Added P4 best in slot items.
- 08 Jul. 2023 (gear page): Typo fixes and added HM to all hard-mode ToGC items.
- 22 Jun. 2023 (talents page): Removed PvP talent and glyph references.
- 12 Jun. 2023 (pre-raid gear page): Added P3 best in slot items and new page layout.
- 12 Jun. 2023 (talents page): Adjusted glyphs and text explanation for Phase 3.
- 26 May 2023 (gear page): Added P3 best in slot items and new page layout.
- 23 May 2023 (enchants page): Updated for Phase 3.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (enchants page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (stats page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (rotation page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (talents page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (spells page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023 (this page): Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 17 Jan. 2023 (pre-raid gear page): Updated for Phase 2.
- 17 Jan. 2023 (gear page): Updated for Phase 2.
- 06 Sep. 2022 (pre-raid gear page): Page added.
- 06 Sep. 2022 (gear page): Page added.
- 06 Sep. 2022 (enchants page): Page added.
- 06 Sep. 2022 (stats page): Page added.
- 06 Sep. 2022 (rotation page): Page added.
- 06 Sep. 2022 (talents page): Page added.
- 06 Sep. 2022 (spells page): Page added.
- 06 Sep. 2022 (this page): Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer