WotLK Classic Feral Druid Tank Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities
On this page, you will learn how to optimize the rotation of your Feral Druid Tank Tank, in order to survive damage and build up threat while doing PvE content in WotLK Classic. We also have advanced sections about cooldowns, procs, etc. in order to maximize your survivability and DPS.
If you have not already, please read the Spell Summary page. Knowing how each spell and ability works in detail will make it much easier to understand the topics discussed on this page.
Feral Tank Druid Rotation in Wrath Classic
We will be presenting the skill rotation of a Feral Tank Druid as a priority list, which means you should try to use the one at the top of the list first for maximum DPS.
Enrage is an important ability for burst Rage and increases your damage by 15% with King of the Jungle, but also lowers your defenses significantly, making it ideal to use just before pulling for initial burst threat on the boss. Avoid using it during an encounter, as you are unlikely to need the threat burst, but will still suffer the full defensive downside.
Single-Target Rotation for Feral Tank Druid
- Use Berserk when available;
- Use Mangle (Bear) when available;
- Use Faerie Fire (Feral) when available;
- Use (and refresh before it expires) Lacerate until the enemy has 5 stacks ticking;
- Use Maul;
- Use Swipe (Bear) if you still have excess Rage after spamming Maul.
Multi-Target Rotation for Feral Tank Druid
- Use Berserk and spam Mangle (Bear) while it is active;
- Use Swipe (Bear);
- Use Maul with extra Rage.
Feral Tank Druid Cooldowns in Wrath Classic
Feral Tank Druids have three defensive cooldowns:
- Frenzied Regeneration is a cooldown that converts Rage into health, healing you over a few seconds. As it regenerates a percentage of your maximum health, it scales well with a Bear's high health pool and should be used to quickly recover from dipping low.
- Barkskin is a defensive cooldown that reduces all damage taken by 20% for 12 seconds on a 1-minute cooldown. The short cooldown allows you to use it liberally, and you should try to have good uptime on Barkskin, overall.
- Survival Instincts is a survivability cooldown that grants you 30% of your maximum health for 20 seconds, similarly to Last Stand. It can be boosted to 45% with Glyph of Survival Instincts, and is your strongest, but also lengthiest, cooldown.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 20 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 9th