WotLK Classic Druid Weapons Guide
Druid Weapon Skills
Druids can use Daggers, Fist Weapons, Staves and Maces, as well as off-hands and Idols in the ranged slot. While most classes swing their melee weapons in combat, dealing damage according to the DPS of the weapon itself, this is not the case for Feral Druids.
Cat Form and Bear Form have normalized auto-attacks, and scale only with Attack Power and other secondary stats, ignoring a weapon's damage range and speed. Ability damage is also calculated using these normalized values, making weapon damage meaningless. To compensate for this, all weapons Druids can use have extra Attack Power that is only applied to Feral Druid forms in them, such as Staff of Natural Fury.
Druids know how to use one-handed maces (Tauren) or daggers (Night Elf) and staves when created, and learn how to use the rest of their potential weapons from the Weapon Masters around the world.
Alliance Weapon Masters
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Darnassus (around 57,46)||Daggers, Fist Weapons, Staves|
|Ironforge (around 62,89)||Fist Weapons, Daggers, Maces|
|Stormwind (around 57,57)||Daggers, Staves, Polearms|
|Exodar (around 53,86)||Daggers, Maces|
Horde Weapon Masters
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Orgrimmar (around 81,19)||Staves, Daggers, Fist Weapons|
|Thunder Bluff (41,62)||Staves, Maces|
|Undercity (57,32)||Daggers, Polearms|
|Silvermoon City (90,38)||Daggers|
Staves for Wrath Classic Druids
There are many great Druid staves in game. Exactly what kind of staff you are looking for, though, depends on your specialization. Feral Druids want form attack power and either offensive or defensive stats. Balance Druids want high Spell Power, Hit and Crit. Restoration Druids want high Healing Power, Spirit and / or Mana per 5 seconds.
Daggers for Wrath Classic Druids
Caster daggers can occasionally be good for Balance Druids, but there are not many of them.
Maces for Wrath Classic Druids
Maces tend to be great for healers, but also occasionally come with caster or Feral stats, instead.
Fist Weapons for Wrath Classic Druids
Druids can use fist weapons as caster weapons, such as Wraith Strike.
Off-Hands for Wrath Classic Druids
There are multiple great healing and caster off-hands available for Druids, but no Feral off-hands of note.
Idols for Wrath Classic Druids
Axes for Wrath Classic Druids
Druids cannot use axes.
Wands for Wrath Classic Druids
Druids cannot use Wands.
Swords for Wrath Classic Druids
Druids cannot use Swords.
Polearms for Wrath Classic Druids
Crossbows for Wrath Classic Druids
Druids cannot use crossbows.
Bows for Wrath Classic Druids
Druids cannot use bows.
Guns for Wrath Classic Druids
Druids cannot use guns.
Thrown Weapons for Wrath Classic Druids
Druids cannot use thrown weapons.
Shields for Wrath Classic Druids
Druids cannot use shields.
Leveling Weapons for Druids in Wrath Classic
Look for weapons that have good stats for your specialization: Agility and Strength for Feral, Spell Power and Intellect for Balance and Restoration. You can often find weapons with good stats in the auction house, but remember to be conscious with your gold , as you will also want to be able to train skills and buy your riding skills and associated mounts as you level up.
We will list a few of the most notable weapons you can get while leveling below:
- Crescent Staff is a quest reward from Leaders of the Fang, which can be done in Wailing Caverns. Due to its very high stats, you will be able to use it for a long time;
- Manual Crowd Pummeler drops from Crowd Pummeler 9-60 in Gnomeregan and has great stats, as well as an amazing on-use effect;
- Viscous Hammer is a bind-on-equip world drop and has incredibly good stats for the level you can equip it at; you can easily use it until you reach Wrath content!
- Illusionary Rod in Scarlet Monastery: Library and Mograine's Might from Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral are both very strong weapons for Balance and Feral Druids, respectively;
- Balance Druids will also enjoy Zum'rah's Vexing Cane from Zul'Farrak, which is usually quite easy to obtain!
- The Rockpounder is obtained in Uldaman and has great offensive stats for Feral, as does the Fist of Omokk, which you can obtain in Lower Blackrock Spire, just before heading into Outland;
- For Ferals, once you arrive at Hellfire Peninsula, you can get Agamaggan's Quill from one of the very first TBC quests. Upgrade it to Ursol's Claw in Hellfire Ramparts, and again to Staff of Beasts by doing the Ring of Blood questline in Nagrand at Level 65, which will last you until you are maximum level!
- Balance and Restoration Druids can progress similarly from The Staff of Twin Worlds into Crystalfire Staff and then Battle Mage's Baton (or Mogor's Anointing Club) until Level 70.
- Idols-wise, Idol of the Wild comes from the Colossal Menace quest, which you can pick up at the Cenarion Post in Hellfire Peninsula, near the Zangarmarsh border. This is an exceptional Feral Idol, especially for leveling!
- Doing the Amphiteather of Anguish questline in the center of Zul'Drak will unlock great leveling weapons for all specializations: Icier Barbed Spear for Feral or Chilly Slobberknocker for caster specs!
For more leveling information, please refer to our leveling guide for Druids.
End-Game Weapons for Druids in Wrath Classic
The ideal end game weapons for Druids depend on your specialization and the current phase of Wrath Classic. We keep this information updated on our gearing guides listed down below:
- 19 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: January 23rd
- Wrath Classic Phase 2 Class and Gearing Guides
- Raid Buff Cooldown Resets and Terrain Exploits in Ulduar
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.1 Notes
- Wrath Classic Phase 2 Launching on January 17th
- Naxxramas Achievement Rewards to Remain Available Throughout Wrath Classic
- Patch 3.4.1 PTR Development Notes: January 6th
- Summon Gargoyle Changes on the Wrath Classic PTR