Heigan the Unclean Encounter Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Heigan the Unclean is the second boss of The Plague Quarter in Wrath of the Lich King Classic's version of the Naxxramas Raid and is commonly the fifth encounter of the instance as a whole. Do not forget to be aware of the various Raid Buffs and Debuffs as you work to optimize your Raid Composition for this encounter's mechanics!
Overview of Heigan the Unclean in Wrath of the Lich King Classic's Naxxramas
Heigan the Unclean is the second boss of The Plague Quarter that you will come across in Naxxramas, and is quite possibly the most famous encounter of the raid. This is due to the so-called "Heigan Dance" involving the main mechanic of the fight. Fortunately, Melee DPS and tanks once again have the chance to relive this iconic dance in Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
Role-Specific Tips for Heigan the Unclean
- As a melee DPS you will be spending the entirety of this fight following Heigan and your tank around the room.
- If you are a ranged DPS, however, you must remember to stay at least 30 yards away from Heigan to avoid being affected by Spell Disruption during Phase 1. This is done by simply standing on the elevated platform in the room.
- Be ready to quickly dispel the tank and any other players that have the Decrepit Fever Disease.
- Make sure you are at least 30 yards away from Heigan to avoid having reduced casting speed due to Spell Disruption. Do this by standing on the elevated platform in the room.
- Your role as tank is the most important one in this entire fight. During Phase 1, you are responsible for smoothly dragging Heigan to each of the safe zones in his room while also keeping him at least 30 yards away from ranged DPS and healers to prevent them from suffering from Spell Disruption.
Heigan the Unclean Abilities
- Slime Eruption — Heigan's room can be divided into four sections. Throughout the encounter, a Slime Eruption will be triggered at three of these sections at a time, with the one "safe" section changing over time. The safe spots can be identified before each eruption, and the order of safety remains consistent between each pull.
- Teleport — Heigan may occasionally teleport a player outside of his room. If this happens, simply run back in to resume the encounter.
- Decrepit Fever — Heigan will periodically place a Disease DoT effect on the tank and melee DPS players. While it can be easily dispelled, be aware that it also reduces the victim's maximum health by 50% while they are afflicted.
- Spell Disruption — Heigan will reduce the casting speed of any targets that are within 30 yards of him by 300%. This aura will not be removed when Heigan teleports to his platform and initiates Phase Two, consisting of multiple Slime Eruptions in a row.
Strategy for Heigan the Unclean
Heigan the Unclean's encounter will begin with "Phase One" by having all ranged DPS and healers move onto the elevated platform the boss is on, while tanks and melee DPS will fight him at least 30 yards away on the cracked ground. During this time, the tanks and melee will need to move between the various safe spots on the floor and avoid the multiple Slime Eruptions taking place.
After a while, Heigan will teleport to his platform and begin "Phase Two", where more Slime Eruptions will occur. However, this time the healers and ranged DPS must also engage in the dance to stay safe so that they can remain at least 30 yards away and not suffer from Spell Disruption. With that being said, the speed of these Eruptions means that casting is not recommended.
From here, the fight will simply repeat until either the raid group or Heigan is defeated.
Heigan the Unclean Loot
|Staff of the Plague Beast
|Ring of Holy Cleansing
|Amulet of Autopsy
|Cuffs of Dark Shadows
|Tunic of the Lost Pack
|Shoulderplates of Bloodshed
|The Undeath Carrier
|Aged Winter Cloak
|Shroud of Luminosity
|Cloak of the Shadowed Sun
|Shawl of the Old Maid
|Cloak of Averted Crisis
|Sigil of Awareness
|Heigan's Putrid Vestments
|Gloves of the Dancing Bear
|Helm of Pilgrimage
|Leggings of Colossal Strides
|Bindings of the Decrepit
|Breastplate of Tormented Rage
|Chestguard of Bitter Charms
|Legguards of the Apostle
Heigan the Unclean is just one of the 15 encounters present in the Naxxramas raid. If you would like to learn more about the others, or would like to see the loot tables of every boss at the same time, please see our other pages for the raid below.
- 27 Sep. 2022: Page added
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2