Freya Encounter Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Overview of Freya in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
Freya is the third Keeper of Ulduar you will encounter in this raid. Freya specializes in life magic, having numerous healing spells at her disposal. Inside the Conservatory of Life are three Elders, any number of which can be killed before engaging Freya to decrease the difficulty of Freya herself. Leaving these Elders alive will buff Freya and add new, dangerous abilities and mechanics to the fight and increase the rewards for victory.
Role-Specific Tips for Freya
- It is crucial that any Eonar's Gifts are killed immediately. If they are allowed to live, they will heal all enemies to near full health. Ranged DPS must look out for these and move out of your way to kill any you see. Melee DPS should only swap to these if they are nearby. Allowing one of these to go off and heal is certainly a wipe.
- Be sure to quickly break your allies out of the Iron Roots so they can freely move when needed.
- Melee DPS need to be constantly looking at their feet for any Sunbeams or Nature Bombs that may spawn on top or under them and quickly move away.
- This fight has a ton of movement. Try to coordinate with your other healers so not all healers are moving at once.
- If you are not required to stack for a mechanic, try to find a spot where you are not stacked with others but still in range of everyone.
- Coordinate your defensive cooldowns with your tank when the raid does need to move, as this is when they will be the most threatened.
- Be mindful of which Allies of Nature have spawned, as you will need to react and move differently depending on which ones are currently up.
- The tank assigned to Freya will often need to move the boss away from the many dangerous ground effects, such as Eonar's Gifts, Sunbeams, and Nature Bombs.
- Your cooldowns are best used when the healers need to move, as they often will do during this fight.
Freya Encounter Abilities
Allies of Nature Abilities
- Allies of Nature Wave #1
- Allies of Nature Wave #2
- Allies of Nature Wave #3
Hardmode Elder Buffs and Abilities
- Elder Brightleaf
- Elder Ironbranch
- Elder Stonebark
Strategy for Freya
Phase one of this fight starts off with Freya having 2 important buffs to keep track of, Attuned to Nature and Touch of Eonar. Touch of Eonar heals Freya for 24,000 health every second and will always be on Freya for the entire fight; there is no way to remove it. Be sure to keep a healing reduction debuff applied to her at all times.
Attuned to Nature starts at 150 stacks and increases all healing received by 8% per stack, so 1,200% increased healing to start with. This greatly amplifies the healing from Touch of Eonar, making it impossible to burn down Freya simply. Luckily these stacks can be removed, making Freya vulnerable.
Frequently during the fight, Freya will call waves of allies to aid her in battle. Whenever these waves are defeated, they will remove stacks of Attuned to Nature. Clear enough of the waves safely, and you can continue the fight.
- Allies of Nature Wave #1
- Ancient Conservator — debuffs the whole raid with Conservator's Grip, preventing anyone from attacking it. To counter-act this by standing under one of the nearby red mushrooms. While under one of these mushrooms, you will lose the Conservator's Grip debuff, and instead gain Potent Pheromones, giving you a 25% damage boost to help defeat the Ancient Conservator. Defeating this ally will remove 25 stacks of Attuned to Nature.
- Allies of Nature Wave #2
- Ancient Water Spirit, Snaplasher & Storm Lasher — This wave consists of 3 enemies that must all die within 12 seconds of each other, or they will come back to life. Focus on interrupting the Ancient Water Spirits casts of Tidal Wave to prevent the knock back. The Snaplasher will quickly build up stacks of Hardened Bark, making it kill any tank quickly. For this reason, focus on stunning, slowing, and kiting this mob instead, but be sure to keep it in range of the raid. The Snaplasher has high health and should be focused by ranged DPS while melee deals with the others. Communicate their health values and be sure that all 3 will die at the same time, or else they will simply revive. Clearing this Allies of Nature wave removes 30 stacks of Attuned to Nature.
- Allies of Nature Wave #3
- Detonating Lasher — This wave is a large pack of these mobs. The main threat of this wave is dealing with the Detonate that these mobs cast upon their death. You will likely want to stack up in a certain spot to gather all of the Detonating Lashers in one spot, AoE them down, and when they get low health, keep them slowed and rooted and knock them back while moving away from them as a raid and finishing them off. Clearing this Allies of Nature wave removes 20 stacks of Attuned to Nature.
With all of her Attuned to Nature stacks removed, you can now start damaging Freya. Be sure to keep a healing reduction debuff up at all times as she will still heal for 24,000 health a second from Touch of Eonar.
The main threat of this phase is the Nature Bombs that Freya will constantly place under the feet of random players. These deal moderate Nature damage to all nearby enemies and knock them back a short distance. Be sure to watch your feet and be moving often and constantly. The tank on Freya will frequently need to move the boss to avoid these, especially for the melee.
Strategy for Hardmode Freya
Leaving Elder Brightleaf alive will activate his aura Brightleaf's Essence, increasing the magic damage dealt by Freya and the Allies of Nature she summons by 50%. Freya will also gain the ability to periodically summon Sun Beam under random players, blasting any nearby enemies with Unstable Energy if they stay inside the beams. Be sure to spread out so these are not on the entire raid, and quickly move out of them to avoid serious Nature damage over time.
Leaving Elder Ironbranch alive will activate his aura Ironbranch's Essence, increasing the physical damage dealt by the Allies of Nature Freya summons by 50%. Freya will also be able to cast Iron Roots, trapping players in deadly vines that prevent movement and deal serious Nature damage over time. These roots must be attacked and quickly killed to free the players and stop the damage. This fight has a good amount of movement required to avoid dangerous mechanics, so being rooted can be very deadly; be sure to break your friends out quickly.
Leaving Elder Stonebark alive will activate his aura Stonebark's Essence, increasing the physical damage dealt by Freya by 50%. She will also get the Ground Tremor spell, dealing moderate Physical damage to all enemies and interrupting any spells being cast. Casters must be mindful of this timer at all times and cancel any casts before this goes off to avoid the long spell school lock.
Freya 10-Player Normal Loot
|Ironbark Faceguard||Plate Helm|
|Tunic of the Limber Stalker||Leather Chest|
|Chestguard of the Lasher||Mail Chest|
|Gloves of the Wayward Conqueror||Tier Token|
|Gloves of the Wayward Protector||Tier Token|
|Gloves of the Wayward Vanquisher||Tier Token|
|Legplates of Flourishing Resolve||Plate Legs|
Freya 10-Player Hardmode Loot
|Seed of Budding Carnage||Neck|
|Gloves of Whispering Winds||Mail Hands|
|Fire Orchid Signet||Finger|
|Serilas, Blood Blade of Invar One-Arm||One Hand Sword|
|Petrified Ivy Sprig||Wand|
Freya 25-Player Normal Loot
|Nymph Heart Charm||Neck|
|Gauntlets of Ruthless Reprisal||Plate Hands|
|Leggings of the Lifetender||Leather Legs|
|Legplates of the Wayward Conqueror||Tier Token|
|Legplates of the Wayward Protector||Tier Token|
|Legplates of the Wayward Vanquisher||Tier Token|
|Boots of the Servant||Cloth Feet|
|Fragment of Val'anyr||Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings|
Freya 25-Player Hardmode Loot
|Bronze Pendant of the Vanir||Neck|
|Drape of the Sullen Goddess||Back|
|Handguards of Revitalization||Plate Hands|
|Leggings of the Enslaved Idol||Cloth Legs|
|Bladetwister||One Hand Dagger|
Freya is just one of the 14 encounters present in the Ulduar raid of Wrath of the Lich King Classic. If you would like to learn more about the other fights and their respective loot, please see our Ulduar Raid Hub page below.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Page added.
- Nightmarish Emerald Drake Briefly Appears on Wrath Classic 3.4.3 PTR
- A New Round of Layoffs at Blizzard
- Extremely Dramatic Mass-Death in Classic Hardcore Zul'Gurub
- Classic Hardcore First Month Death Clip Compilation
- Level 50 Hardcore Character Killed by Level 6 Mobs
- Hardcore Bank Alts Griefed in Capital Cities by Spawning Mobs
- Blizzard Working on Fixing EU Hardcore Server Lag, But Be Careful
- Classic Era Known Issues List: A Deadly Ouro Bug