WotLK Classic Restoration Druid Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities
On this page, you will learn how to optimize the rotation of your Restoration Druid Healer, depending on the type of damage your group is receiving while doing PvE content in WotLK Classic. We also have advanced sections about cooldowns, procs, etc. in order to minmax your healing output and your mana efficiency.
If you have not already, please read the Spell Summary page. Knowing how each spell and ability works in detail will greatly increase your understanding of the topics discussed on this page.
Restoration Druid Spell Priority in Wrath Classic
Our recommendations assume you are running one of the recommended talent builds from the talents page and are playing a max level character. If you are still leveling, please refer to the leveling page for a leveling-specific rotation tailored to your current level.
Healers do not have a formal rotation. As such we will display a priority list, instead:
- Use Nature's Swiftness plus Healing Touch as an emergency heal for players about to die;
- Use Swiftmend, Regrowth, and Nourish for emergency healing if Nature's Swiftness is on cooldown;
- Use Lifebloom on the tank to spend Omen of Clarity procs;
- Use Wild Growth when available on groups of damaged allies;
- Use Rejuvenation on anyone taking damage, preferably Rogues, Warriors, and Death Knights for maximum Revitalize DPS value.
If you are tank healing, keeping your heal-over-time effects rolling on them at all times is critical. This means keeping Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, Wild Growth, and maybe even Regrowth up. If even then their health keeps going down, throw in Swiftmend and a few Nourishes until damage stabilizes.
Restoration Druid Cooldowns and Support Spells
While you will spend most of your time healing, do not forget that as a Druid, one of your core strengths is your versatility. Rebirth is amazing for getting a free do-over on a dead raid member and resets on every boss encounter, while Innervate can give someone a huge amount of Mana back. Entangling Roots and Cyclone can also provide some control on enemies that might be running rampant.
Tranquility is also a powerful healing cooldown that can be used when you need a solid burst of extra healing, but hits only your party.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 20 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look