WotLK Classic Survival Hunter Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Survival Hunter in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Wrath of the Lich King requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic or The Burning Crusade, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage output and survivability in any situation, but especially in Raids and dungeons. Below will be a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Survival Hunter.
Best PvE Enchants for Survival Hunters
|Head||Arcanum of Torment — Revered with Knights of the Ebon Blade.|
|Shoulders||Greater Inscription of the Axe, — Exalted with Sons of Hodir|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Major Agility|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Major Agility|
|Legs||Icescale Leg Armor|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Superior Agility|
|Melee Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Superior Potency or Enchant 2H Weapon - Massacre|
|Ranged Weapon||Heartseeker Scope|
Best Gems for Survival Hunters
Relentless Earthsiege Diamond is by far the best option for your Meta Gem, as it gives a considerable amount of crit, increases the damage dealt by your critical strikes by 3%, and is easily activated by Nightmare Tear.
Matching gem sockets is usually the correct strategy as many socket bonuses are geared towards stats that you want, but this will all depend on what the socket bonus actually is. In general, if the socket bonus is a DPS stat, it is worth getting. However, keeping your Meta Gem activated is by far the most important rule when deciding what gems to use. Below is a list of the best gems to use in each color socket.
- In Red Sockets, you will use Delicate Cardinal Ruby.
- In Yellow Sockets, depending on your need for hit you can gem for Glinting Ametrine or Rigid King's Amber. If the socket bonus does not matter and you do not need the yellow activation for your Meta Gem, just use Delicate Cardinal Ruby.
- One of your Blue Sockets should be dedicated to Nightmare Tear. If you need to fill in more Blue Sockets for the socket bonus, go with Shifting Dreadstone. Similarly, just default to Delicate Cardinal Ruby if you do not care about the socket bonus.
Best PvE Glyphs for Survival Hunter
Glyph of Explosive Shot, Glyph of Kill Shot, and Glyph of Explosive Trap are going to be your best choices by far for normal use. If you wanted to optimize for the encounters where you cannot use Explosive Trap, you would replace it with Glyph of Steady Shot.
Best Consumables for Survival Hunters
Flask of Endless Rage is the best choice by far. It is weighted to be significantly better than other elixir options.
Potion of Speed greatly increases your haste for a short period. Use this both pre-pull and again when it is off cooldown for a considerable DPS increase.
If you are an engineer, you should always make use of the free extra damage that comes from Global Thermal Sapper Charge and Saronite Bomb. These can also be added into macros for easier usage during encounters.
Our Macros guide gives you more information on how to write macros:
- 08 Oct. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 4.
- 30 Jul. 2023: Minor style updates.
- 21 May 2023: Updated for Phase 3 ahead of ToGC raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 01 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer