WotLK Classic Survival Hunter Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Survival Hunter in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Choosing a Stat
Wrath of the Lich King requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic or The Burning Crusade, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage output and survivability in any situation, but especially in Raids and dungeons. Below will be a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Hunter.
The advice given on this page uses the stat priority of Hit -> Agility -> Critical -> Attack Power -> Armor Penetration -> Haste. You can find a full explanation for this priority over on our Stats page.
Best Enchants for Survival Hunters
|Head||Arcanum of Torment — Revered with Knights of the Ebon Blade.|
|Shoulders||Greater Inscription of the Axe, — Exalted with Sons of Hodir|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Major Agility|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Major Agility|
|Legs||Icescale Leg Armor|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Superior Agility|
|Melee Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Superior Potency or Enchant 2H Weapon - Massacre|
|Ranged Weapon||Heartseeker Scope|
Best Gems for Survival Hunters
Relentless Earthsiege Diamond is by far the best option for your Meta Gem, as it gives a considerable amount of crit, increases the damage dealt by your critical strikes by 3%, and is easily activated by Nightmare Tear.
Matching gem sockets is usually the correct strategy as many socket bonuses are geared towards stats that you want, but this will all depend on what the socket bonus actually is. In general, if the socket bonus is a DPS stat, it is worth getting. However, keeping your Meta Gem activated is by far the most important rule when deciding what gems to use. Below is a list of the best gems to use in each color socket.
- In Red Sockets, you will use Delicate Cardinal Ruby.
- In Yellow Sockets, depending on your need for hit you can gem for Glinting Ametrine or Rigid King's Amber. If the socket bonus does not matter and you do not need the yellow activation for your Meta Gem, just use Delicate Scarlet Ruby.
- One of your Blue Sockets should be dedicated to Nightmare Tear. If you need to fill in more Blue Sockets for the socket bonus, go with Shifting Dreadstone. Similarly, just default to Delicate Scarlet Ruby if you do not care about the socket bonus.
Best Consumables for Survival Hunters
Blackened Dragonfin is the best choice if you need to use personal food, because of the Agility it provides. However, in raids you will usually have access to a Fish Feast.
Flasks and Potions
Flask of Endless Rage is the best choice by far. It is weighted to be significantly better than other elixir options.
Potion of Speed greatly increases your haste for a short period. Use this both pre-pull and again when it is off cooldown for a considerable DPS increase.
- 21 May 2023: Updated for Phase 3 ahead of ToGC raid release.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 01 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look