TBC Classic Frost Mage Pre-Raid Gear
On this page, you will find the best pre-raid gear for Frost Mage in TBC Classic.
Frost Mage Pre-Raid Best in Slot List
This gear collection list is considered the to be the best gear you can get outside of raids and includes gear and badges from (Heroic) TBC dungeons, gear from PvP, and gear from Tailoring.
The list below is following the stat priority of Hit until cap > Spell Damage > Spell Haste > Spell Crit and assumes no Hit chance raid buffs.
Other Frost Mage Best in Slot Lists
If your character is ready to jump into Phase 5 / Tier 6 content, then see our current best in slot list. If you wish to go through the content of Tiers 4 or 5 instead, then please see their respective lists below.
Pre-Raid Best in Slot Table
The craftable pieces are either tradeable or their recipes/patterns are. For your gems, you should look to use Chaotic Skyfire Diamond to increase your damage output in battle, Glowing Shadowsong Amethyst in Blue or Red sockets (you need two of these to activate your Meta gem), Reckless Pyrestone in Yellow sockets, and Runed Crimson Spinel in Red sockets. Glowing Nightseye, Reckless Noble Topaz, and Runed Living Ruby are the low-budget alternatives to these Epic-quality gems. The uncut Epic gems can be bought for 15 Badge of Justice per unit. While it might look tempting, it is usually not worth going after the yellow-blue(-red) socket bonus, except for activating your meta gem. In that case, just use red or orange gems in every slot, except for two purple gems in blue slots.
While the list above contains the absolute best gear set up it can be extremely difficult, expensive or generally unrealistic to obtain it in a timely manner, below are alternatives that are also very strong.
For each of these gear sets, make sure to be Hit capped. The Frost Mage stat priority and Hit cap can be found in our Frost Mage PvE Stats section.
If you have further questions about gemming and enchanting these items, our Frost Mage enchants and gems page below provides more information.
- 08 May 2022: Updated for Phase 5.
- 21 Mar. 2022: Updated for Phase 4, the Gods of Zul'Aman.
- 14 Jan. 2022: Page updated for Phase 3.
- 12 Sep. 2021: Updated pre raid gear to Phase 2 standards.
- 17 Jun. 2021: Adjusted BiS gear to include craftable Spell Hit gems.
- 04 Jun. 2021: Adjusted set for unique Heroic dungeon gems.
- 30 May 2021: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer