The Eye of Eternity Raid Guide for WotLK Classic
The Eye of Eternity is the "final" Raid instance of Phase 1 in Wrath of the Lich King Classic. Although you will not find any tier armor here, the items dropped within will be the highest item level pieces of the Phase; and you will also have a chance at two unique mounts! Here, you can find information about how to reach the raid, guides for its sole encounter, and information on its quests and achievements.
The Eye of Eternity represents the seat of power for Malygos and the rest of the Blue Dragonflight. It is here, at a confluence of ley lines, that much of the magic throughout Azeroth flows. However, due to Malygos's belief that reckless use of magic is to blame for the problems faced by the world, he has begun siphoning all of the latent magic and concentrating it into the Focusing Iris within The Eye of Eternity. As a Raid, you and your fellow raiders must enter his domain and put an end to this "Nexus War" once and for all!
If you would like to know more about the other main Raid instances of Wrath of the Lich King Classic Phase 1, please see our overviews of Naxxramas, The Obsidian Sanctum, and the Vault of Archavon as well.
Wrath of the Lich King Classic Eye of Eternity Instance Summary
- Raid location — Borean Tundra
- Attunement requirements — Key to the Focusing Iris/ Heroic Key to the Focusing Iris
- Available Difficulties — 10-player and 25-player
- Encounters — 1
- Other notes — Malygos has two mounts on his loot table: Reins of the Blue Drake and Reins of the Azure Drake.
Getting into The Eye of Eternity
The Eye of Eternity can be found in the Nexus of Coldarra in the northwest island off the shores of Borean Tundra. The nearest flight point for both Alliance and Horde players is Transitus Shield.
The Eye of Eternity Layout and Boss Strategy
The Eye of Eternity is one of the more unique Raid instances of Wrath of the Lich King Classic, as it only features one encounter against Malygos, the Aspect of Magic. This encounter will also take place in a single room, though you will also be able to fly around the space at times!
To learn more about how to defeat Malygos, see our strategy guide below.
The Eye of Eternity Quests
The Eye of Eternity in Wrath of the Lich King Classic has a brief, one-quest attunement in order to enter the instance:
- Key to the Focusing Iris
- Heroic Key to the Focusing Iris
However, in order to acquire and turn in these quest items, you must loot them from the Sapphiron encounter in Naxxramas. The only difference between these two items is that the Heroic Key to the Focusing Iris must be acquired to access the 25-player version of The Eye of Eternity and is exclusively dropped by the 25-player version of Sapphiron.
In addition to the one-time attunement quests above, there are also two other one-time quests to defeat Malygos, as well as potentially being a weekly objective from Archmage Lan'dalock near The Violet Hold dungeon in Dalaran. When this is the active weekly quest, you will also gain additional Reputation with the Kirin Tor:
- Judgment at the Eye of Eternity
- Heroic Judgment at the Eye of Eternity
- Malygos Must Die!
The Eye of Eternity Achievements
There are 8 total achievements to obtain in The Eye of Eternity, split evenly between 10- and 25-player modes. These achievements are:
|The Spellweaver's Downfall (10 player)||Defeat Malygos in 10-player Mode|
|You Don't Have An Eternity (10 player)||Defeat Malygos in 6 minutes or less in 10-player Mode|
|A Poke In The Eye (10 player)||Defeat Malygos with fewer than 9 players in 10-player Mode|
|Denyin' the Scion (10 player)||Defeat a Scion of Eternity while riding on a hover disk in 10-player Mode|
|The Spellweaver's Downfall (25 player)||Defeat Malygos in 25-player Mode|
|You Don't Have An Eternity (25 player)||Defeat Malygos in 6 minutes or less in 25-player Mode|
|A Poke In The Eye (25 player)||Defeat Malygos with fewer than 21 players in 25-player Mode|
|Denyin' the Scion (25 player)||Defeat a Scion of Eternity while riding on a hover disk in 25-player Mode|
- 04 Oct. 2022: Page added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Wrath Classic Class Vs. Spec Balance, Featuring Retribution Paladins
- Wrath Classic 3.4.1 PTR: Titan Rune Dungeons, Argent Tournament
- Official Controller Support Coming to Wrath Classic in the Ulduar Patch
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: November 18th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Gold Cap Will Not Be Increased in Wrath Classic