Toravon the Ice Watcher Encounter Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Overview of Toravon the Ice Watcher in Wrath of the Lich King
Toravon the Ice Watcher is the fourth and final boss available inside the Vault of Archavon that is introduced in Phase 4 of WotLK. Toravon the Ice Watcher is a Ice based mob, using multiple spells and abilities based on that element. Toravon himself drops Chests, Gloves and Legs for both PvP and PvE sets. On 10-player, these will be item level 251 and on 25-player these will be item level 264. You are able to run both 10-player and 25-player versions of the raid weekly, so be sure and run both every week for the highest chance of getting loot.
Role-Specific Tips for Toravon the Ice Watcher
- Ranged DPS must quicky swap to and kill the Frozen Orbs.
- Coordinate basic use of raid defensives for each Whiteout, especially the later ones.
- Always be aware of both tanks stacks of Frostbite and be ready to taunt when needed.
- Try to save personal defensive cooldowns as late as possible during this fight.
Strategy for Toravon the Ice Watcher
This fight is a pure DPS race before the Whiteout stacks become too high and start killing off raid members. Start the fight off using all major DPS cooldowns and burn down as much health as you can. Tanks will need to be aware of each others stacks of Frostbite, and taunt off one another after 5 stacks. Ranged DPS should quickly swap to any Frozen Orbs that are near the raid, as these will kill people quickly with Whiteout stacks.
The main mechanic, aside from the tank swap, is dealing with the Whiteout. Since this debuff stacks and acts as a soft enrage, you can typically only last about 5 or 6 casts of Whiteout before the raid becomes overwhelmed. It is important to coordinate raid defensive cooldowns each time this ability will go off, especially the later ones towards the end of the encounter.
Toravon the Ice Watcher Abilities
- Freezing Ground — Inflicts Frost damage to nearby enemies, immobilizing them for up to 5 seconds.
- Frozen Mallet — Attacks have a chance to apply Frostbite. Frostbite inflicts 2,438 to 2,562 damage per stack every 2 seconds for 20 seconds.
- Frozen Orb — Creates a Frozen Orb at a nearby location, dealing 2,194 to 2,306 Frost damage to enemies within 8 yards of the Frozen Orb while it lives.
- Whiteout — Inflicts 13,163 to 13,837 Frost damage to all nearby enemies and increases Frost damage taken by 15% per stack.
Toravon the Ice Watcher Loot
This boss drops Tier 10 PvE Chest, Hands, and Legs Tier pieces (identical to those from Icecrown Citadel); as well as Season 8 PvP Hands and Legs for your PvP sets and a few non-set PvP pieces, such as wrists and feet. In the 10-player version two item level 251 gear pieces drops, such as: Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Handguards and Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Legguards for PvP gear sets and Relentless Gladiator's Mooncloth Gloves or Relentless Gladiator's Plate Legguards for PvE gear sets depending on your faction. For a full list of what available gear drops you desire, be sure to check out your class-specific PvE and PvP guides.
On 25-player difficulty, this boss will drop four pieces of 270 item level gear, such as: Wrathful Gladiator's Dreadplate Gauntlets and Wrathful Gladiator's Dreadplate Legguards for PvP gear sets and a few non-set pieces, like wrists and feet; or 264 item level gear Sanctified Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Handguards and Sanctified Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Legguards for PvE gear sets. For a full list of what available gear drops you desire, be sure to check out your class-specific PvE and PvP guides. In addition to the gear drops, on 25-player difficulty, Toravon the Ice Watcher also has a small chance of dropping the Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth/ Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth, a very large, multiple person mammoth mount.
Toravon the Ice Watcher Achievements in Wrath of the Lich King
|Toravon the Ice Watcher (10 player)||Defeat Toravon the Ice Watcher in 10 player mode.|
|Toravon the Ice Watcher (25 player)||Defeat Toravon the Ice Watcher in 25 player mode.|
Toravon the Ice Watcher is just one of the four encounters eventually present in the Vault of Archavon raid of Wrath of the Lich King. If you would like to learn more about the others, please see our other pages for the raid below.
- 09 Oct. 2023: Page added for Phase 4 release.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer