Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zadina

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Valeera's Bag of Burgled Spells

8 posts in this topic

YPFWzYC.jpg

The 76th Tavern Brawl is Valeera's Bag of Burgled Spells!

We have a new Tavern Brawl this week, although it has a similar philosophy to some Brawls we've seen before. Both players play as Valeera only and they get a randomised deck full of spells from all classes. Each spell cast will also summon a minion of the same cost.

Playing on curve is important, but you should also consider the value and utility of each spell. Bear in mind that the minion will be summoned before the spell is cast, so be careful when you use spells like Twisting Nether, Bouncing Blade, Spreading Madness, Poison Seeds etc.

Good luck and have fun!

Contrarily to my first gut reaction of "more random censored", this brawl is actually silly enough to be fun without going into "Turn-1-Dr. Balanced" levels of stupid.

Don't try to plan in advance too much, and as Zadina says,try to play something on curve each turn instead. With both you and your opponent getting random spells and minions from all classes; the board can swing in an eyeblink. 

I feel like Flamestrike is insane in this brawl. The main disadvantage of it - the low tempo possibilities - is gone. It might even be the single best spell in the brawl. 

Anyway, I find the brawl to be both fun and skill-reliant, and allows players with nonexistent budget to have fun as well.

Hated this brawl: it's just like flipping a coin to see who wins.

This Brawl is absolutly great!

I know some people might not agree with me, but hear me out. Tavern brawl is not a place for people to go and show off their skill its a place where everyone can go and play and have FUN, new players can play with experienced players and actually have a chance against them. I believe that that tavern brawl must always be like this one, because its just better!  

Edited by OnixShadow
1 person likes this

Man, Firelands Portal is even more insane in this brawl than otherwise.  7 mana for 5 damage, a 5 drop, and a 7 drop.  

It's not exactly a coinflip, it's more like a best-of-9 coinflip championship.

On 11/26/2016 at 5:10 PM, Neuric said:

It's not exactly a coinflip, it's more like a best-of-9 coinflip championship.

We made a coinflip for your coinflip so that you can coinflip while you coinflip.

Loving it tho.