Monk DPS DPS Melding, Stat Priority, and Consumables — Endwalker 6.55
On this page, you will find the best melding choices and consumables, as well as the stat priority they are based on, for Monk in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (Patch 6.55).
Materia Melding, Stat Priority, and Consumables for Monk
This section covers materia melding, stat priorities, and the best consumable choices for Monk. For a specific list of best-in-slot gear, check out our dedicated gear page.
Monk Stat Priority
Monk's stat priority is very simple.
- Weapon Damage
- Skill Speed until 766
- Critical Hit
- Direct Hit
- Skill Speed beyond 766
Weapon Damage and your Main Stat (Strength in the case of Monk) are going to be the highest priority stat for every job and will have a much greater effect on your DPS than minor substat changes, hence why these should always be your priority when looking to upgrade gear.
Getting your Skill Speed to a minimum of 766 is important for Monk as this sets our GCD to 1.94, allowing our rotation to function cleanly without causingto drift. The 854 Skill Speed tier/1.93 GCD works as well if gear choices allow it, but assuming you are melding Skill Speed due to being below the 766 tier, you can safely stop and swap to melding other materia upon reaching 766.
Critical Hit is always going to be the substat with the biggest impact on Monk's DPS due toand . Critical Hit increases both crit damage - valuable for - and crit chance. also makes every critical hit effectively worth an additional 68 potency, meaning that the stat is very strong on Monk.
Beyond this, Determination and Direct Hit are both very close together in terms of value, and a general rule for melding is to try and keep them at somewhat similar levels, leaning slightly heavier into Determination. It is worth mentioning that this will not always be perfectly represented in best-in-slot gear lists as optimized melds still come down to stat tiering, so in some cases, best-in-slots may include a heavy focus on either Determination or Direct Hit due to the gear that is available to us.
Potions, or tinctures, are very simple in Final Fantasy XIV. The one you want to use will always be a High-Quality version of the highest grade Main Stat tincture available; for Monk, this is Strength.
The best food choices can be found on the aforementioned gear page, and these generally stick to the previously outlined stat priority.
- 18 Jan. 2024: Updated for patch 6.55.
- 24 May 2023: Updated for 6.4.
- 13 Jan. 2023: Up-to-date for Patch 6.3
- 20 Apr. 2022: Updated for Patch 6.1
- 31 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Join the FFXIV Open Beta Test on Xbox Series X and S
- FFXIV x FFXVI Crossover Event: A Path Infernal - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- The Moogle Treasure Trove Returns to FFXIV with New Rewards and Challenges! - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - The Maidens Rhapsody: A Tribute to Final Fantasy XI
- FFXIV - Patch 6.55: What to Expect From Endwalkers Last Patch - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - New Hydaelyn and Zodiark Figure
- FFXIV - Pre-Order the New Endwalker Art Collection and Get a Zodiark Idol Minion
- FFXIV Dawntrail: Zones and Battle Content - Sponsored by Butterfinger