Leveling Rotations and Tips for Ninja — Endwalker 6.2
When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of gear with the highest item level. You can exchange Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for gear in Mor Dhona at level 50, in Idyllshire at level 60, in Rhalgr's Reach at level 70, and in Eulmore at level 80.
Rotation Overview While Leveling Ninja
Ninja starts at rogue and is unlocked at level 1, but since the lowest level duty you can queue into is level 15, that is where we will start this page at.
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Ninja unlocks two gauges throughout the leveling process. The first being theGauge at level 45. Once unlocked, you will always want to have this gauge active, which means you have the Huton buff active. This gauge just tells you how much time you have left before it falls off. The second gauge is your Ninki gauge, which is unlocked at level 62. For this gauge, you want to use your abilities during your and buffs, but making sure to not overcap.
- is your only Ninki spender.
- is now only used for 3+ targets.
- is now going to be your spender on 1 and 2 target fights.
- At this point, you will now prioritize over when Bunshin is available.
- should be used on cooldown by casting an extra , though this will generally be taken care of by when you get that. Until then, it is still worth to use this in all cases.
- is your only way to keep up your buff. Use this before your gauge runs out, so that your buff never falls off.
- is now your main way to keep up your buff. Everytime this is used, you gain 30 seconds on your gauge, up to a maximum of 60 seconds. Only use this when below 30 seconds left so as to not waste the time it gains.
Single Target Priority
As all melees do, Ninja and Rogue follow a combo system. This means that as you get more weaponskills, your combo will flesh out and give you more options. You start off with just one attack, but you will eventually have a 3-step combo with the final step in that combo having 2 options. Outside of your normal combo, there are a few other skills you learn over time that will be used in between your normal combo skills.
- Use every 20 seconds when your Mudras are off cooldown and and/or are up on the target.
- Use every 20 seconds when your mudras are off cooldown and and/or are up on the target.
- Use to start up your buff, then use to be able to use . Then use the rest of your charges on during buffs.
- Use to start up your buff, then use to be able to use . Then use the rest of your charges on during buffs. If you have available, then use as priority.
- Use by doing Ten>Chi>Jin to execute Fuma Shuriken>Raiton>Suiton. This will be your normal single target rotation for this ability.
- -> is your filler combo waiting for cooldowns.
- -> -> is your filler combo while waiting for cooldowns.
- -> -> is your combo you use to extend your Huton Gauge. -> -> is your filler combo while waiting for cooldowns.
- Use inside of your buffs when available, or when you have to get away from your target.
- 29 Aug. 2022: Updated for Patch 6.2
- 20 Apr. 2022: Guide added.
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released
- On the Adjustments to Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage)
- FFXIV Patch 6.21 Notes
- All Worlds Maintenance, Sept 12
- "Tales from the Dawn": Third Story Released
- FFXIV Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage) Clear Rates