Ninja DPS Rotation, Openers, and Abilities — Endwalker 6.5
On this page, you will learn how to optimise your opener and rotation in both single-target and multi-target situations. We also cover the use of your cooldowns, to ensure you can achieve the best use of them every time as a Ninja DPS in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (Patch 6.5).
Ninjas rotation only has two parts to it, the burst phase and the builder phase. This job is heavily focused on getting as much damage as possible inside our burst phase, and then just setting up to get the most into our next burst phase.
The burst phase consists of everything inside of ourwindow. In a full-uptime scenario, we want to aim to have 2 uses of , 2 or 3 uses of , one use of , and one use of . When we have available to use, we want to put it into the soonest possible Trick Attack. This will happen every two minutes, and will replace weaponskills in the relevant Trick Attacks. On these 2-minute windows, we will also aim to have all of this happening inside the raid buff of .
Ninja's opener is all based around gettingup at the best time for the entire party, thereby maximizing the gain of the buff, and pushing all our damage into that window, which is naturally aligned with the rest of the party's buffs as well. This gives us the highest damage opener in the entire game, and sets us up to ride that damage window throughout the rest of the fight.
- At 11 seconds before pull, cast
- At 6 seconds before pull, start the mudras for but do not cast this until 1 second before the pull
- At 1 second on the countdown, use then immediately use
- -> ->
- -> late weave
- -> -> ->
For single target fights, we will have all ourwindows be roughly the same as the one above, with slight variation based on which part of your combo you are in at the time, and whether its the 1 minute or 2 minute Trick Attack. Outside of this Trick Attack window however, there is a very basic priority to follow to make sure you are set up for success going into the next Trick Attack window.
Weaponskill Combo Finisher Usage
- If your buff is under 30 seconds, refresh it by using .
- Use your or so you do not lose them.
- If you have more than 30 seconds left on your buff, use as your combo ender instead.
For Ninki, the big thing is that you will never want to overcap it, and you want to always make sure you have the possibility to useon cooldown, even if this ends up meaning less uses of in your window. This means your priority for Ninki management will the following:
- Use as soon as it is off cooldown.
- If you are about to overcap Ninki and is not up, use once.
- If is up, use all your Ninki on .
Because Ninjutsu has two charges, we are able to go into every burst window with one full charge ready, and another one that will become ready to use during the burst window. This is achieved by only ever using 1outside of and holding the other charges for Trick Attack. This means that you will use one ninjutsu charge on Suiton outside of Trick Attack, and two charges inside of Trick Attack.
- Use to set up when there is less than 20 seconds left on Trick Attack's cooldown.
- If is up, use both your charges on and your extra on .
Ninja no longer has a two-target rotation, and instead will start a full AoE rotation at three targets. At this point we foregoand instead use more and . This is also the point where we start to use our AoE weaponskills instead of our single target ones.
At three targets or more, our AoE weaponskills start outdamaging our single target ones. Unless there is a single target that needs to die before the rest, we will use our AoE weaponskills instead of our single target ones from here on out.
Our ninki will now be used for AoE as well. This means usinginstead of , but still using as our top priority.
- Use as soon as it is off cooldown.
- Use ninki on .
At this point, we start to foregoin favor of more and . We may still sometimes use Trick Attack because a certain mob needs to be prioritized, but this is rare and we would revert to our 2-target priority in this case.
- Keep up as much as possible, assuming the enemies will stay in it for at least 12 seconds of the duration.
- Use with .
- Use if enemies die before full usage of another .
- 17 Oct. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 6.5.
- 27 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 6.4.
- 11 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 6.3
- 29 Aug. 2022: Updated for Patch 6.2
- 20 Apr. 2022: Updated for Patch 6.1
- 17 Nov. 2021: Guide added.
- 08 Apr. 2022: Updated Rotation for Endwalker
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- FFXIV - Fan Festival 2024 in Tokyo: How to Watch It Live Online!
- FFXIV - Hairstyle Contest Winners Announced! See The Amazing Designs Here!
- FFXIV - Get The Collectors Edition For Half The Price!
- FFXIV - Cloud Data Center Stress Test
- FFXIV - Fan Festival: Third Round of Merchandise Available for Pre-Order
- FFXIV - Endwalker EP5: A Mini-Album of Epic Music
- FFXIV - Callback Campaign: Invite Your Friends and Get Rewards