Summoner DPS Guide — Endwalker 6.1
Welcome to our Summoner DPS guide for Final Fantasy FFXIV: Endwalker (Patch 6.1). This guide will cover everything you need to know to play as a Summoner in PvE, from the absolute basics of the job, to high-end optimisation.
Summoner is one of the more unique jobs within the world of Final Fantasy. Classified as a magical ranged DPS, Summoner utilizes pets and high burst actions to provide substantial damage. Summoner maintains a high degree of mobility for free, thus making Summoner an easy job to play for progression or other learning purposes.
Summoner's rotation in Endwalker focuses on a simplified approach of binary choices, providing a clear option for single-target and AoE priorities. This approach leads to a rigid, yet accessible, experience.
Summoner also brings a great utility kit to any encounter, with actions such as, , and . Because Summoner is tied to the Arcanist tree shared with Scholar, the class also wields a powerful utility action in . Summoner's Demi-Phoenix also provides its own utility, with and .
Summoner Strengths and Weaknesses
- Strongest mobility among magical ranged DPS.
- Strong burst DPS windows.
- Strong incidental cleave.
- One of only two DPS jobs with combat raise.
- Great party utility kit.
- Weak filler phase outside of burst windows.
- Carbuncle actions cannot be used while summoning your Primal or Demi-Primal pets.
- Unintended spell speed can create awkward drift with your Demi-Primal cooldowns.
If you are looking to level Summoner for the first time or would like to learn more about how Summoner progresses, you can check out our leveling guide for tips on your journey.
Gearing Up as a Summoner
As you continue to progress and obtain higher item level gear, it is important to know which stats to prioritize to best maximize your performance. You may check out the page below to find explanations on your general stat priority:
Once you reach the max level cap, you can begin building towards your best-in-slot combination. To find specific best-in-slot Summoner builds, you can check out our dedicated gear page to find both general and encounter specific builds.
End-Game as a Summoner
Once you have reached the point of attempting end-game content, you may look towards more intermediate and in-depth resources to improve your raid performance. Our dedicated Summoner rotation page below takes a deeper look into the job, providing you with key details behind the overall rotation structure, in addition to micro-level optimization material.
Improving your Summoner Gameplay
If you are looking for ways to improve your Summoner play or for additional resources to assist you with performance analysis, be sure to check out our guide linked below.
- 20 Apr. 2022: Updated for Patch 6.1
- 26 Feb. 2022: Updated for Endwalker.
- 13 Nov. 2021: Guide added.
- Notes for Patch 6.11a Released
- Housing Lottery System Rectified
- "Flow" Music Video Released!
- Brother of Colin Ryan (Alphinaud's VA) Passes Away
- Weapon Design Contest, Part 2!
- Inside FFXIV's Rich History of Collab Events
- Square Enix on Third-Party Tools in FFXIV Raiding
- FFXIV Third-Party Tools Notice