The Dark Inside Quick Trial Tips and Guide
Welcome to our quick guide to the Dark Inside, the first trial of Endwalker. This guide aims to be a quick primer for players entering the duty for the first time so they will know what to expect.
Full Guide for the Dark Inside
This guide serves as a quick primer for players experiencing the trial for the first time. It is aimed to be digestible quickly and targeted towards a specific role, so you can read it while in queue or loading in! For detailed explanations on boss mechanics, take a look at our main guide for the encounter.
- Kokytos will reduce all party members' HP to 1.
- Esoterikos will have Zodiark tether to one side of the arena. There will be square AoEs or a conal AoE from that side depending on the shape on the sigil. Later in the fight, this will be done thrice in succession.
- Paradeigma summons concepts that do a circle AoE or a line AoE.
- Astral Flow will rotate the arena and AoEs while fettering players in place. Position yourself to dodge the AoEs after the arena rotates.
- Algedon has Zodiark move to a corner of the arena, where he will then do a charge line AoE down the middle. Head to the opposite corner.
- Astral Eclipse is the transition to phase three. The pattern of the stars will indicate where AoEs will appear.
Quick Tips for Tanks
- Ania is a tank buster on the current main tank.
- Help mitigate Styx as it does heavy damage.
Quick Tips for Healers
- Kokytos is not followed by damage, but players should be healed up to ensure safety.
- Styx is a stack marker that hits multiple times for heavy damage.
Quick Tips for DPS
- Zodiark does not have a positional ring.
- Apart from the first Astral Flow, players can still cast while the arena is being rotated.
- The boss returns from Astral Eclipse before the stars fall, so players can do damage while dodging those AoEs if they move carefully.
- 10 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released
- On the Adjustments to Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage)
- FFXIV Patch 6.21 Notes
- All Worlds Maintenance, Sept 12
- "Tales from the Dawn": Third Story Released
- FFXIV Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage) Clear Rates