White Mage DPS Rotation for Healers — Endwalker 6.5
On this page, you will learn how to optimise your DPS opener and rotation in both single-target and multi-target situations. We also cover the use of your cooldowns, to ensure you can achieve the best use of them every time as a White Mage in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (Patch 6.5).
Rotation While Leveling
This guide is designed for level 90. If you want to see how the rotation changes as you level, then check out the leveling guide below!
Like all other healers, White Mage has a very simple damage toolkit, consisting of only a handful of spells and abilities. It has one DoT, one single target filler , one AoE filler , one AoE ability , a haste buff , and an AoE resource-gated nuke . The cast majority of your rotation will consist of maintaining on the boss and otherwise spamming .
The White Mage opener is fairly straightforward.is always precast 2s before the boss is pulled for some free extra damage. is applied as soon as possible, while and are used during raid buffs to maximize damage in the raid buff window. There are two opener variations that share these same basic principles.
Standard or Non-Swift Opener
This is the basic opener that is always reliable and does not risk an early use of. The only downside is that weaving under can risk clipping in pings above ~100ms, though usually the effect is extremely minimal. A higher-ping friendly opener can be found farther down this page.
As mentioned above, weaving undercan cause clipping at higher pings. This opener uses to weave and in a single GCD for a slightly more high-ping friendly opener. Keep in mind that if you need early in the fight for movement during a mechanic, then you should use the standard opener above instead.
Single-Target Rotation Priority
- Use on cooldown or with the rest of your raid buffs after the opener.
- Use on cooldown after the opener.
- Maintain on the boss as long as the boss will be active for at least 15s.
- Use in raid buffs, for movement, or before using additional Lily heals to prevent overcapping red lilies (see note below).
- Use or to prevent overcapping blue lilies, or for healing or movement.
- Use on cooldown below 8000 MP to maintain MP.
- Use whenever you have time to cast it and do not need to GCD heal.
- Use or for movement if you do not have time to cast and do not have or are holding it for additional movement.
- Use for movement outside its natural refresh if you do not have Lilies or .
Note: As of 6.1 usingor to build is now equal damage to spamming on single target, although using Misery in buffs makes it a damage gain to use lilies isntead. Lily heals can now be used fairly freely and overcapping lilies should typically be avoided.
Sustained multi-target fights are very rare in FFXIV, and most of your multi-target damage will be dungeon mob pulls or the odd add phase in a high level encounter.
- should still be used on cooldown.
- can be held to hit additional targets; eg. using on three targets vs one target is worth losing a one-target .
- Use when available.
- is a damage gain over at three or more targets.
- Using or to build is worthwhile in uptime on two or more targets, but Lilies are still better spent for movement or healing than raw damage when possible. Avoid overcapping Lilies.
- At two to four targets, maintain on all targets assuming they will live the full duration.
- At five or more targets, avoid using and instead spam .
A large majority of the damage you do is simply based on GCD uptime, maximizing the amount of time you spend usingon the boss. Extended movement is the enemy of uptime, but you have several tools to deal with these.
- "Slidecasting" involves moving before a cast has completed without interrupting the cast. The slidecast window in FFXIV is quite large compared to other MMOs. The exact timing depends on your ping, but it generally starts about 0.5s before the cast bar is finished. Between the slidecast window and the ~1s between casts, you can be quite mobile all the time and easily preposition for most mechanics.
- is instant cast, so you can use your natural DoT refreshes to freely move during mechanics or to preposition yourself. Do not force early DoT refreshes to move though.
- Lily heals can be used for movement outside natural refreshes, but should be prioritized for healing when necessary.
- Afflatus spells are all instant cast and either deal damage directly or heal and contribute towards charging an .
- deals 1240p damage and takes three Lily heals to generate, meaning over four GCD's it deals a total of 1240p, exactly equal to four 's 1240p.
- Lily spells should always be considered in sets of four GCDs. Once you use one Lily, you are instantly down 310p, but using the next three gains 1240p back, equal to all the lost GCDs.
- makes your next spell instant cast and can be used on to give a GCD of free movement. This is not advisable in progression and can be dangerous when playing in other unoptimized situations when you may need for use with .
- If you already have a available and none of the above tools to deal with a movement, is a great movement tool.
- 14 Oct. 2023: Updated for patch 6.5
- 27 May 2023: Updated for Patch 6.4, openers fixed.
- 10 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 6.3
- 28 Aug. 2022: Updated for Patch 6.2
- 20 Apr. 2022: Updated for Patch 6.1
- 03 Apr. 2022: Guide added.
- Join the FFXIV Open Beta Test on Xbox Series X and S
- FFXIV x FFXVI Crossover Event: A Path Infernal - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- The Moogle Treasure Trove Returns to FFXIV with New Rewards and Challenges! - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - The Maidens Rhapsody: A Tribute to Final Fantasy XI
- FFXIV - Patch 6.55: What to Expect From Endwalkers Last Patch - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - New Hydaelyn and Zodiark Figure
- FFXIV - Pre-Order the New Endwalker Art Collection and Get a Zodiark Idol Minion
- FFXIV Dawntrail: Zones and Battle Content - Sponsored by Butterfinger