Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tonnesti

[Frost] Necrotic Plague Stat Priority

5 posts in this topic

So, recently, I've been thinking about rolling with Necrotic Plague in one way or another since I despise Plague Leech. I stumbled upon Demonardvark's "Necroblight" playstyle for Unholy. However, after testing Unholy out, it's definitely not my playstyle.

Then I thought of a Dual-Wielding Frost Death Knight with Necrotic Plague (since they are known for spamming Howling Blast, which will apply one stack of the Plague), and Blizzard is buffing the Plague for 6.1.

However, I'm a bit confused as to which stats I should go after:

Mastery increases all Frost-type damages, which Frost has plenty of, including Necrotic Plague. Though, it seems like you need a ton of Mastery to gain any substantial benefits from it. How is it ranked compared to Multistrike?

Haste would allow for more Killing Spree procs since Frost gains so much Haste. and "Might of the Frozen Wastes" causes Main-Hand attacks to trigger an Off-Hand attack as well. And let's not forget the Rune regeneration rate. More Runes = more Howling Blasts = more stacks of the Plague.

From my point of view, if running Dual-Wield Frost, Haste would overtake Mastery in priority if Necrotic Plague is chosen, correct? Or should I swap out Multistrike for Mastery? (Haste > Multistrike > Mastery, or Haste > Mastery > Multistrike?)

Also, which Runeforges should I go with? Razorice? Fallen Crusader? A mix of the two?

Edited by Tonnesti

I can't answer the rest of your questions. But if Necrotic Plague counts as frost damage for frost DKs, then go with Rune of Fallen Crusader on your main hand, and Rune of Razorice on your off-hand. You should never use 2x Fallen Crusader or 2x Razorice as it's suboptimal. 2x Fallen Crusader, whilst giving you a higher uptime on the strength buff, is still a DPS loss over use 1x FC and 1x Razorice, as razorice increases frost damage taken by the target inflicted with the debuff. And using 2x razorice is just stupid.

So, recently, I've been thinking about rolling with Necrotic Plague in one way or another since I despise Plague Leech. I stumbled upon Demonardvark's "Necroblight" playstyle for Unholy. However, after testing Unholy out, it's definitely not my playstyle.

Then I thought of a Dual-Wielding Frost Death Knight with Necrotic Plague (since they are known for spamming Howling Blast, which will apply one stack of the Plague), and Blizzard is buffing the Plague for 6.1.

However, I'm a bit confused as to which stats I should go after:

Mastery increases all Frost-type damages, which Frost has plenty of, including Necrotic Plague. Though, it seems like you need a ton of Mastery to gain any substantial benefits from it. How is it ranked compared to Multistrike?

Haste would allow for more Killing Spree procs since Frost gains so much Haste. and "Might of the Frozen Wastes" causes Main-Hand attacks to trigger an Off-Hand attack as well. And let's not forget the Rune regeneration rate. More Runes = more Howling Blasts = more stacks of the Plague.

From my point of view, if running Dual-Wield Frost, Haste would overtake Mastery in priority if Necrotic Plague is chosen, correct? Or should I swap out Multistrike for Mastery? (Haste > Multistrike > Mastery, or Haste > Mastery > Multistrike?)

Also, which Runeforges should I go with? Razorice? Fallen Crusader? A mix of the two?

I would say mastery>haste>Multistrike>everything else for dual wield. Multistrike is valuable for unholy for the extra ticks however, multistrike is already one of our main priorities. With necrosis we get multistrike bonus and everytime we multistrike we do extra extra damage. For frost 1h mastery is your big stat is your mastery so you don't want to pass on that.

Still runeforge the same way with fallen and razor ice. 

I would HIGHLY recommend for you to take unholy blight as your tier 1 talent as well. With the way 1h frost works you will be able to build stacks much faster than 2h frost will so you can maximize your necrotic damage but no matter what you do IT WILL fall off. So, having unholy blight means every 1 min you will get a full 15 stack that lasts 30 seconds. So, you basically have 50% of your time guaranteed full stacks and the other 50% you will probably be able to keep high to max stack counts as well.

Actually, it's:

Haste (until cap, ~1k) > Mastery > Multistrike

That's pretty much it. You want to cap Haste and then go with Master and Multistrike.

Actually, it's:

Haste (until cap, ~1k) > Mastery > Multistrike

That's pretty much it. You want to cap Haste and then go with Master and Multistrike.

well there you go :D