FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Goredome

Guest shadowhawque

Hunter:

Turn off pet's growl (you want to keep aggro), set hunter's mark, kite for the entire fight. It's fairly simple if you are used to the idea of kiting and should only take 20-30 seconds to down the guy.

Guest Maxuren

Melee. Be careful. Even if you are behind him you can get hit by Lumbering Charge. get some range when he casts it. Other than that it is a simple fight.

Guest Morfande

Hunter: Someone advised turning off your pet's "growl", however so far my pet's growl does not work on the Brawler's guild bosses. Has anyone else had this issue or is this working as intended?

Guest shadowhawque

Hunter: Someone advised turning off your pet's "growl", however so far my pet's growl does not work on the Brawler's guild bosses. Has anyone else had this issue or is this working as intended?

Hmm, well I just assumed so because of Bruce, where my first try my pet definitely took aggro initially. But maybe other bosses work differently? Maybe a few tests are in order.

Arms warrior and Unholy DK

Stand and fight, worry more about the circle on the groud for his charge than anything else. Even if you have a little low DPS you can take this out as long as you don't get hit by the charge. When the circle is there GET OUT OF IT or you are dead.

Retribution Paladin

I recommend a build of 211223. Most of the talent options can be interchanged but this is my preferred method and makes good use of the burst that Rets have available. Remember that with a 2 minute enrage timer the T14 4 set bonus will not help, so if you have other pieces that are superior itemization use them instead. The 2 set bonus is still beneficial if you have it .Long Arm of the Law is useful as a quick speed boost to move out of the red circle before lumbering charge but is not necessary. To burst I build up three HP and then use the following macro:

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath

/cast Inquistion

/cast Avenging Wrath

/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings

/use Potion of Brawlers Might

/use 10

/use 14

This macro starts your Inquisition (provided you built up 3 HP), pops your major CDs, uses the Brawlers guild potion of choice, uses your glove enhancement if you are an engineer and uses any on use trinket in the bottom trinket slot. As is the case with most fights in the brawlers guild you will be attacking the boss from the front a majority of the time which means being hit capped and expertise capped (up to the hard cap) is the best way to improve DPS.

Edited by Tanek1

Guest orbus

Retribution Paladin

I recommend a build of 211223. Most of the talent options can be interchanged but this is my preferred method and makes good use of the burst that Rets have available. Remember that with a 2 minute enrage timer the T14 4 set bonus will not help, so if you have other pieces that are superior itemization use them instead. The 2 set bonus is still beneficial if you have it .Long Arm of the Law is useful as a quick speed boost to move out of the red circle before lumbering charge but is not necessary. To burst I build up three HP and then use the following macro:

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath

/cast Inquistion

/cast Avenging Wrath

/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings

/use Potion of Brawlers Might

/use 10

/use 14

This macro starts your Inquisition (provided you built up 3 HP), pops your major CDs, uses the Brawlers guild potion of choice, uses your glove enhancement if you are an engineer and uses any on use trinket in the bottom trinket slot. As is the case with most fights in the brawlers guild you will be attacking the boss from the front a majority of the time which means being hit capped and expertise capped (up to the hard cap) is the best way to improve DPS.

Unless I'm sorely mistaken, "/cast" and "/use" are identical; it's only a one-character difference, but may help in larger macros.

Warrior method:

General tactics (All fights):

Ideally you are wanting the Second Wind talent, along with Avatar, as it has the highest overall damage boost. (There are some fights where Bloodbath is better - But it will be stated further into this post on the "Fight-Specific Tactics" part).

You should also be making sure to, of course, have Mass Spell Reflection (As the other two Tier 5 talents can't affect you), and at least two Potion of Brawler's Might per fight.

Pre-potting with Potion of Brawler's Might is the best idea (Hence owning two per fight) and then using the next one as soon as it's ready, alongside all of your DPS cooldowns.

Most other benefits are negligible until higher up fights or your gear is lower than average (I'm working with full 463 or better gear - As that's what I had until reaching Rank 7).

Fight-Specific tactics (Goredome):

As with Bruce, this fight is low-threat damage and damage requirement wise.

However, also like Bruce, it requires quick response times and awareness.

The only threat in this fight is his Lumbering Charge ability, which places a red circle as a "target" on the floor, and has a 1-second cast time. When this cast is complete he will charge at the center of the red circle and upon reaching it, instantly kill all targets within the circle.

So the best idea for this fight is to make sure you have Glyph of Enraged Speed and Heroic Leap ready as a backup. Just cast Berserker Rage to boost your run speed and get out of that circle as soon as you see it appear.

If you can avoid the circle, you shouldn't run even the slightest risk of death.

- Wheelér, Saurfang EU

Warrior method:

General tactics (All fights):

Ideally you are wanting the Second Wind talent, along with Avatar, as it has the highest overall damage boost. (There are some fights where Bloodbath is better - But it will be stated further into this post on the "Fight-Specific Tactics" part).

You should also be making sure to, of course, have Mass Spell Reflection (As the other two Tier 5 talents can't affect you), and at least two Potion of Brawler's Might per fight.

Pre-potting with Potion of Brawler's Might is the best idea (Hence owning two per fight) and then using the next one as soon as it's ready, alongside all of your DPS cooldowns.

Most other benefits are negligible until higher up fights or your gear is lower than average (I'm working with full 463 or better gear - As that's what I had until reaching Rank 7).

Fight-Specific tactics (Goredome):

As with Bruce, this fight is low-threat damage and damage requirement wise.

However, also like Bruce, it requires quick response times and awareness.

The only threat in this fight is his Lumbering Charge ability, which places a red circle as a "target" on the floor, and has a 1-second cast time. When this cast is complete he will charge at the center of the red circle and upon reaching it, instantly kill all targets within the circle.

So the best idea for this fight is to make sure you have Glyph of Enraged Speed and Heroic Leap ready as a backup. Just cast Berserker Rage to boost your run speed and get out of that circle as soon as you see it appear.

If you can avoid the circle, you shouldn't run even the slightest risk of death.

- Wheelér, Saurfang EU

I'm adding that to the guide, thanks!

Guest urda

Druids: Keep moving and blasting him with moonfire and sunfire, you should avoid the red circle hit zones this way. As soon as he finishes a rush, hit him with wrath, starfire, or starsurge, and repeat till he's dead.  If you start off by popping starfall on him, it will go faster, but even without, easy fight.

Guest Elven Star

Tips for Death Knights. How I did it as a ilvl 548 in frost spec. -  Cast army of the dead as soon as you enter the arena. Then run around him in a circle spamming Howling blast (if you are not frost speced, blood boil may be a good substitute. But I've not tested, While your Ghouls do the work and you avoid being hit by Lumbering Charge. Killed him in about 30 secs. Hope this helps someone.