FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Leona Earthwind

Guest MacHaggis

As a rogue, this is the first fight where I got stuck and I'm still stuck there Posted Image

Here is what I tried/experienced, maybe some fellow rogues can help me out here?

- I can't kite her apart from the adds because they all move too fast and she ocassionally stops following to cast Wrath on you.

- Fan of Knives/Crimson tempest to attempt to kill them all is ineffective: DPS is way too low and you got no energy left to actually damage her.

- Crippling poison + FoK completely fails too due to the reasons above

- I tried killing the flowers individually as they spawn, they have 50k hp so it seems viable at start, but this becomes a fulltime job real fast and Leona has free reign.

- Even while evasion is active you still take too much damage, so tanking everything is not a viable tactic

- Tried interrupting Earthliving Seed (the summoning spell). Turns out it can't be interrupted. She CAN be stunned, but cooldowns are against you.

- Mind numbing poison does help make it easier to interrupt wrath.

You need to do this fight as Combat. Turn on Blade Flurry and only focus on Leona (the adds will die really quickly from the collateral damage). Make proper use of your defensive cooldowns. What kills you is the melee attacks from the adds, so Combat Readiness and Evasion will come in handy. Make sure to use Preparation if needed, to reset the cooldown on Evasion.

Guest Shiann

Any suggestions on this fight as a shadowpriest. I have lost count of the number of times I've died trying to figure it out.

I've tried:

-Focusing her and using AOE (Halo or Cascade and Mind Sear) to kill and AOE Fear/Void Tendrils to control the adds

-Focusing adds then back to her, rinse repeat

I've added cooldowns and 'oh crap' talents/trinkets, etc

After I get her to about 50% the adds come too fast for me to kill, then between them and her, I die...really, really fast. I can go from 100% health to 10% in seconds.

Guest Ivresse

Just completed this as a retri paladin.

Way I did it is to go full on burst at the beginning to get Leona's health down as much as possible, as well as stun with a Fist of Justice a few seconds from the beginning so it gives you a bit more time to burst her down before she starts summoning the adds. Make sure to move out of the solar beam the moment it appears.

As soon as the adds start spawning, start moving backwards and attack the buggers with ranged judgements and exorcisms, with a Templar's verdict to finish them off when they get too close. The adds have very little health and will die after a few hits. Just make sure to keep distance away from them instead of fighting them in full on melee.

Once they die, switch back to Leona and hurt her some more before switching back to the adds, using fist of Justice where possible, before switching back to the adds when they spawn.

Guest Shiann

Any suggestions on this fight as a shadowpriest. I have lost count of the number of times I've died trying to figure it out.

I've tried:

-Focusing her and using AOE (Halo or Cascade and Mind Sear) to kill and AOE Fear/Void Tendrils to control the adds

-Focusing adds then back to her, rinse repeat

I've added cooldowns and 'oh crap' talents/trinkets, etc

After I get her to about 50% the adds come too fast for me to kill, then between them and her, I die...really, really fast. I can go from 100% health to 10% in seconds.

Finally Got it!

I used my Quilen Statuette trinket and prepotted with Potion of Brawler's Cunning.

Each time she started to summon adds I used Psychic Scream, Psychic Horror, or Psyfiend (whichever was up).

She got two add summons off after that but I tossed out Divine Star on CD and that kept them under control somewhat. After that I simply kited, kept SW:Pain up and spammed SW:Death on CD til she died. I had to use a Brawler's Healing Potion while kiting near the end as well.

I'm sure it could be done more cleanly but the key is to stop her summons of adds early in the fight with fear, etc.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

The guide has been released and I added the link in the first post. Vlad will start adding strategies specific to his classes, next week.

Guest Devilshammer

As a ret pali I would blow all my cds at the start then hoj the seed cast. That will give you long enough to burst the boss down. Keep using rebuke on the wrath cast and on the second seed spell use your blinding light. At this point it should be game over.

Guest Josíah

As a frost death knight, ilvl 482, I had no problem with this fight, The main things I would recommend using are Glyph of Anti-Magic shell, The Anti-Magic Zone talent for her Wraths, and The chillblains and Remorseless Winter talents for the adds. You can Mind freeze / AMS or AMZ most of the wraths that she casts and the adds have about 50k hp so they dont even need to be single targeted, just toss out a few Howling blasts and they go down no problem. Move from the solar beams and you should really have no problem. It took me about 40 seconds roughly to kill her, having pre-potted with a Potion of brawlers might. the str one. I hope this helps.

Retribution Paladin

I recommend a build of 213223. Most of the talent options can be interchanged but this is my preferred method and makes good use of the burst that Rets have available. Remember that with a 2 minute enrage timer the T14 4 set bonus will not help, so if you have other pieces that are superior itemization use them instead. The 2 set bonus is still beneficial if you have it. As is the case with most fights in the brawlers guild you will be attacking the boss from the front a majority of the time which means being hit capped and expertise capped (up to the hard cap) is the best way to improve DPS. Use Sacred Shield before the boss spawns to get the shield rolling. Keep Rebuke handy to interrupt Wrath. Save Fist of Justice for when she starts casting Earthliving Seed. Use Blinding Light to interrupt her second Earthliving Seed cast and if she is still alive long enough to cast a third time Fist of Justice should be back up. If she does manage to sprout her Earthliving Seeds use Divine Storm and Hammer of the Righteous (both for damage reduction and AoE damage). I would leave Divine Protection unglyphed as rebuke will not be up often enough to stop all of her Wrath casts. Glyph of Templar's Verdict is great for damage mitigation. I would also recommend using Glyph of Blinding Light as unglyphed it breaks on damage and the knock down acts as a stun.

Edited by Tanek1

Guest Guest

As a Demo Warlock, blow all cd's at start and prepot (I used imp swam to build demonic fury faster). Use first set of adds to build up demonic power with harvest life. Once you have enough pop demon form and hellfire them down. Heal up Voidlord during her longer casts. Second set of adds I mass feared and used that time to resummon Voidlord who had just died. if you fight her at one end of the room I found the adds ran to the other when feared, giving more respite for them to travel back to you.

Guest Charlotte

Having real trouble as a 475 shadow priest, i have tried to interupt her with my fears/stuns etc but the global CDs are always a problem when i am dotting her up or when i use my pet to fear, it is not instant. Any tips please?

Having real trouble as a 475 shadow priest, i have tried to interupt her with my fears/stuns etc but the global CDs are always a problem when i am dotting her up or when i use my pet to fear, it is not instant. Any tips please?

What are you trying to interrupt?

Guest charlotte

What are you trying to interrupt?

Earthliving Seed. I can use my panda racial stun, my [Psychic Horror] and my pet but i cant use the pet as an instant fear so its hard to time well.

Sometimes i use my silence to interupt her wrath and i save my fear for when i have too many adds

Luckily, you have a few abilities to cancel the cast of Earthliving Seed, which is not normally interruptible. When I did this fight as a Warlock, I really had issues with killing the adds, so I just burned the boss and ignored the adds completely.

You should try to burn the boss as well, all the while preventing her to cast the first two Earthliving Seeds with your Pandaren racial and Psychic Horror. Hope it helps :)

Guest Shockazulou

Just did this fight as a TG fury warrior, its not too tough. Start off in battle stance to build rage with your attacks and to burn her down to about 1/2 health. Switch to D stance. Make sure to interrupt whenever you can and move out of Solar Beam ASAP. At this point she will have 3 adds, you can either bladestorm em down or use D roar. This will prompt Victory Rush, which is very valuable at this point. Save die by the sword, Rally Cry and intiidimating shout for her last 25% as her adds start to really hurt you. Its at that point a matter of executing her and you should be on your way to victory

Guest Anisah

Human Shadowpriest 488

I've tried to burn her down. And I end taking way too much damage.

Tried to kite. Leona casts, so i loose HP faster than I dps on her, nvm the adds, eventually they catch me due to the huge ammount of them.

Tried to interrupt. Sometimes Psychic Horror or Psychic Scream just wouldn't stick on her, just have to pray on this one...

Tried to burn adds down. SW: Pain works perfectly fine if you switch fast enough between them and take large ammounts of health from adds, you just need to keep an eye on your HP wich goes down like crazy.

Tried my best, still no win but I guess cc fear Leona while casting Earthliving Seed, if fear doesn't pull the trick, DoT the adds with SW: Pain fastly, if skilled, even throw some SW: Death. And of course, don't forget your Minbender and Fade so you let him tank for you!

Thank you guys for all your comments. I have updated the guide to include all the strategies you presented ;)

Guest Michael

I am a 470 geared shadow priest and I finally beat her tonight. I figured out that if you hit her with a fear effect just as she completes her everliving seed cast you can manage to make it where she doesnt actually get any of the adds out. Basically I used psychic scream for the first... psychic horror the second, psychic scream again for the 3rd one and my fear pet for the 4th... and psychic scream again for the 5th. If you can execute the fear perfectly successive times in a row without being silenced when you need to use them then you should be able to win.

One thing of note... if you fear her to early in her cast when fear breaks she will almost immediately begin the cast again.

I am a 470 geared shadow priest and I finally beat her tonight. I figured out that if you hit her with a fear effect just as she completes her everliving seed cast you can manage to make it where she doesnt actually get any of the adds out. Basically I used psychic scream for the first... psychic horror the second, psychic scream again for the 3rd one and my fear pet for the 4th... and psychic scream again for the 5th. If you can execute the fear perfectly successive times in a row without being silenced when you need to use them then you should be able to win.

One thing of note... if you fear her to early in her cast when fear breaks she will almost immediately begin the cast again.

I was struggling with this fight too on my spriest. Timing the fears seemed all too difficult with my above-the-average latency. That was until I found that the adds die with 2-3 ticks of Mind Sear, usually before they get to me. So killing the adds is a valid option, at least for those with high latency or slow fingers :)

Guest Soulrupture

I just did this fight as a fury warrior (single-minded). All I did was make a macro with all CDs (Recklessness, Deadly Calm, Skull Banner, Avatar) and burned her down. When the adds got kinda crazy I feared them and kept burning, but when they come back you should use Rallying Cry and/or Die by the Sword. Hopefully she's dead by then. If you have to, Whirlwind the adds down and make sure you use Impending Victory for the nice battle heal :D Dont forget about the Arena potions!!!

Guest Jittery

Should I use feral oe guardian druid and whichever how do I beat her?

Guest Goldov

I just completed this fight on my BM hunter (ilvl 486) and I was able to treat it mostly as a burn phase. With the spell_nature_abolishmagic.jpgWrathability I was able to interrupt the first one using ability_theblackarrow.jpgSilencing Shot and continue with my rotation, by the second one I was able to cast ability_golemstormbolt.jpgScatter Shot and my racial pandarenracial_quiveringpain.jpgQuaking Palm but if you precast it, I would suspect ability_druid_cower.jpgScare Beast would work as well until you can cast ability_theblackarrow.jpgSilencing Shot again.

I was able to ignore the adds mostly by using my spell_hunter_icetrap.jpgIce Trap and then just kiting them through it while I just kept focusing the boss. You could potentially use ability_upgrademoonglaive.jpgMulti-Shot and try to burn them but I wouldn't recommend this unless you were in a Survival spec as the ability_hunter_sickem.jpgBeast Cleave would draw aggro to your pet and would pretty much instantly kill it due to the amount of damage these adds put out.

Guest Saintshenanigans

as a 498 feral druid, took at least five tries.

finally killed her by using ability_druid_bash.jpgMighty Bash to interrupt her first seed, then using ability_druid_typhoon.jpgTyphoon for the second.

for damage, I just brought up my rake and a full savage roar, then after her first seed, I popped, spell_druid_incarnation.jpgIncarnation, ability_druid_berserk.jpgBerserk, my racial, trinket, and ability_mount_jungletiger.jpgTiger's Fury when berserk ran out, barely made it alive.

might be worth a shot to save ability_hunter_pet_cat.jpgPredatory Swiftness for a spell_nature_earthbind.jpgCyclone to interrupt another cast of her seed.

Guest hatetobeu

I just completed this fight on my BM hunter (ilvl 486) and I was able to treat it mostly as a burn phase. With the spell_nature_abolishmagic.jpgWrathability I was able to interrupt the first one using ability_theblackarrow.jpgSilencing Shot and continue with my rotation, by the second one I was able to cast ability_golemstormbolt.jpgScatter Shot and my racial pandarenracial_quiveringpain.jpgQuaking Palm but if you precast it, I would suspect ability_druid_cower.jpgScare Beast would work as well until you can cast ability_theblackarrow.jpgSilencing Shot again.

I was able to ignore the adds mostly by using my spell_hunter_icetrap.jpgIce Trap and then just kiting them through it while I just kept focusing the boss. You could potentially use ability_upgrademoonglaive.jpgMulti-Shot and try to burn them but I wouldn't recommend this unless you were in a Survival spec as the ability_hunter_sickem.jpgBeast Cleave would draw aggro to your pet and would pretty much instantly kill it due to the amount of damage these adds put out.

Thanks so much! Kiting the adds was so much more easier than attempting to down them.