FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Dominika the Illusionist

Guest Tiq

Arms Warrior.

Very easy fight - Just focus boss and use whirlwind or any other AOE to kill adds. Each will proc Victory Rush for a steady stream of heals.

You will have to move around the boss a bit to catch adds.

Excellent strategy for mages, using Frost spec:

Be sure to talent into Invocation, and have Arcane Explosion on your action bar.

Pre-pot with Potion of Brawler's Cunning, cast Ring of Frost where the boss will spawn, and pop Time Warp. Immediately channel a full evocation for the 25% damage buff, blow all cooldowns including Mirror Image, Icy Veins, and trinkets. Save Frozen Orb for later.

Cast Ice Barrier, and nuke the boss as hard as you possibly can. Once a substantial amount of adds are out, stop nuking the boss and kill the adds with Arcane Explosion. They only have 1hp, so this will be no problem.

If your pet has died by now, re-summon and resume nuking the boss, refreshing Ice Barrier as needed.

I killed her in under 30 seconds and only took 34k damage through the entire fight.

I'm sure other classes can use similar abilities. Any spammable AoE will take care of the adds without a problem.

• Like 1

Excellent strategy for mages, using Frost spec:

Be sure to talent into Invocation, and have Arcane Explosion on your action bar.

Pre-pot with Potion of Brawler's Cunning, cast Ring of Frost where the boss will spawn, and pop Time Warp. Immediately channel a full evocation for the 25% damage buff, blow all cooldowns including Mirror Image, Icy Veins, and trinkets. Save Frozen Orb for later.

Cast Ice Barrier, and nuke the boss as hard as you possibly can. Once a substantial amount of adds are out, stop nuking the boss and kill the adds with Arcane Explosion. They only have 1hp, so this will be no problem.

If your pet has died by now, re-summon and resume nuking the boss, refreshing Ice Barrier as needed.

I killed her in under 30 seconds and only took 34k damage through the entire fight.

I'm sure other classes can use similar abilities. Any spammable AoE will take care of the adds without a problem.

Thank you for sharing this! I'll add that for any Mage class, Nether Tempest is pretty good because it automatically kills nearby images (at least it was like that on the PTR).

Possibly a bit redundant, but I found this easy as a Frost DK. I mainly focused on the boss, interrupting every now and then, and using Howling Blasts to keep the number of illusions in check. I used Anti-Magic Shell when there were a lot of illusions up.

Thank you for sharing this! I'll add that for any Mage class, Nether Tempest is pretty good because it automatically kills nearby images (at least it was like that on the PTR).

I didn't even consider Nether Tempest, to be honest. Seems kinda obvious, now that I think about it.

• Like 1

The guide has been released and I added the link in the first post. Vlad will start adding sections specific to his classes, next week.

Guest PvPIsMurder

I just wanted to point out that for a rogue, throwing a smoke bomb forces the adds to run close to you, so you can:

Interrupt her at start

Drag her to corner

dps until you hit about 70% health

Cloak

Smoke Bomb as soon as Cloak runs out

FoK (since all the adds should've run into range) to wipe the adds out

This allows you to never have to stop zerging the boss, except for one GCD and the energy for Fok.

Then, if you have prep, you can use another cloak to ensure the victory.

I just wanted to point out that for a rogue, throwing a smoke bomb forces the adds to run close to you, so you can:

Interrupt her at start

Drag her to corner

dps until you hit about 70% health

Cloak

Smoke Bomb as soon as Cloak runs out

FoK (since all the adds should've run into range) to wipe the adds out

This allows you to never have to stop zerging the boss, except for one GCD and the energy for Fok.

Then, if you have prep, you can use another cloak to ensure the victory.

Thank you, that's a pretty neat strategy ;)

Guest misantropollo

I just want to share my own experience playing balance druid, it's easy:

Just attack her and, when the adds begin to come, use starfall.

Then use all your cooldowns to increase your dps and don't forget to use celestial alignment to refresh the cooldown of starfall (use it when the adds come again).

When your cooldowns are ended, turn the eclipse bar to lunar eclipse and use starfall one more time.

I just needed to use starfall 3 times to kill her and all her copies but, if you have problems with your dps, use the potions and it will be easier and faster Posted Image

Guest Gidgiddoni

Warlocks, just use harvest life on her and the mirros will drop like flys

Guest Aumaan

As a Ret Paladin, I prepotted, and blew all my cds, bubbled myself when I reached 5% HP and she was dead.

Retribution Paladin

Unglyphed Divine Protection and Devotion Aura are great tools to help reduce the damage intake. No need to pre-pot as the fight will not last over 1 minute (if you're doing it right.) Blow all CDs and zerg boss. You can use Divine Shield if you want but it gives a 50% damage reduction. I recommend using Lay on Hands when you're health drops sub 15% which should give you plenty of health to down the boss.

Guest Winterbourne

As a Frost DK,I made sure to take Dark Succor as a talent. I went DW MasterFrost. I hit Strangulate at the beginning as I ran by to silence her and move her to a corner. Once in the corner I hit Army of the Dead, Pillar of Frost, Str Potion, and Raise Dead. I then alternated Frost Strike and Howling Blast, while working in Death Strikes fairly often. With the Dark Succor glyph each time a copy died I gained 20% health from Death Strike. Howling Blast killed most of the adds. I used Anti-Magic shell and Icebound Fortitude in succession. She died quickly and I had full health.

Guest Jexxi

Affliction lock here. I didn't even think about taking Harvest Life as my talent for this one. You can also just drop an Infernal instead of a Doomguard when the fight starts, and let him deal with the copies. He won't get all of them (unless you dragged her into a corner at the start of the fight), but that shouldn't matter too much. Overall, this fight was exceptionally easy Posted Image

Afflock here:

I just used a mouse-over felflame macro to kill the adds as they appeared, didn't bat an eye.

One tip for Shadow Priests.

Use Glyph of Reflective Shield it will make your fight very easy as the copies will instantly die as they damage you.

If you cannot use your shield for some reason and there are too much copies to wait for another reflective shield, use Phantasm talent. Copies will run to melee range and you will be able to AOE them quickly.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Affliction Warlock -

Take Mannoroth's Fury. Get a Seed of Corruption in every now and then. Trivially easy fight.

Guest ViperzShot

The best tip i can offer for any hunter trying to complete this challenge... would be this : Have Silencing Shot.. *(a must)*, Make sure to Have NO pet summoned at the beginning of this fight, During her first cast you will want to silence her. pull her into a corner. As soon as she starts her next cast. Pull your pet out. *Preferably a tenacity pet* Turtles work the best imo particulary due to the shield they have. once you've cornered her. pull out your turtle. cast a misdirection macro (See below) And begin to burn her with all you've got. popping every cooldown AS soon as it's available. Feigning When available to Redirect the mobs to your pet, Keeping mend pet active... And when 5 or more Illusions stack up. try and multishot them down, this will be an intense fight. and you probably will not complete it on the first shot... but that being said, it's very Do-able... with a little practice. Make use of your traps.. Lay them stacked on the boss in the corner. your explosive will help greatly on any mobs that spawn close to her. otherwise. Goodluck,

Misdirection macro :

/cast [target=Petsnamehere] Misdirection

Thank you guys for all your comments. I have updated the guide to include all the strategies you presented ;)

Guest Chris

For Hunters:

I simply replaced Glaive Toss with Barrage for this fight. Nuke from start with my pet positioned in the middle. At around 40% when there are a lot of copies and damage is starting to get intense I use Barrage and rotate around, killing all of the copies. This allows me to comfortably finish her off.

Easy Peasy.