FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Proboskus

Starting to struggle on my priest a little. Trying to silence the first torrent and sacrifice my mindbender for the second. My dps is starting to show though as I think I've hit the enrage a few times (blame it on the holy gear :P).

Any priests got any tips at all?

Guest Zulnishi

Having trouble at the end of the fight as a rogue. I kick each torrent, avoid rain dance, but by the end of the fight he is hitting me for around 270k melee hits. Trying to use shuriken toss at the end, but still haven't gotten him down. Closest has been about 300k health left on him. I'm going to try saving my cd's for the end and see what happens. If anyone has tips they'd be appreciated!

Just to say a few upgrades this week I managed to pull enough dps to get him down.

Possibly not the best strategy but as a shadow priest I silenced the first Torrent and either Fade+Mindbender and sacrificed him for the second Torrent, or dispersed through it (but found that lost me a lot of dps time).

I don't understand what causes some of the melee attacks to hit for more than 200k, while some others only deal 50k damage.

I don't understand what causes some of the melee attacks to hit for more than 200k, while some others only deal 50k damage.

Do those 200k attacks happen before the 2nd rain dance? Because after that rain dance he enrages.

Do those 200k attacks happen before the 2nd rain dance? Because after that rain dance he enrages.

I eventually figured it out. He enrages when he reaches below 20%. That said, if he's casting rain dance at 20.01%, then he will only enrage when he finishes the dance :P

I eventually figured it out. He enrages when he reaches below 20%. That said, if he's casting rain dance at 20.01%, then he will only enrage when he finishes the dance Posted Image

Oh ok.. I thought it was timed.

Oh ok.. I thought it was timed.

I managed to easily survive until the 2-minute enrage timer by not attacking him. That's when I figured it had something to do with his health ;)

Guest Shadowhelp

he enrages after the second rain dance... first time i went against him he had slighty over 30% and enraged after the dance. after a few more looks at it he always enrages after the second dance.

Your video says to stun him, but from what I remember, you can't stun him.

I tired to use a stun as a boomkin because I only have one interrupt, but i clearly remembering not being able to stun him since I had to defensively survive torrent.

Guest lazic

Boomkin Strat - must re - Glyph into Fae Silence.

Start of the fight use all your CD's plus a pot (i suggest using a flask). As soon as he starts to cast Torrent you should cast Solar Beam. Once solar beam comes down he should (not always) cast Rain dance. During rain dance move around him casting Sunfire and Moonfire. Use Starsurge as much as possible during this phase. His next spell should be Torrent at this point your Solar Beam will not be up. You will need to swap to Bear form and cast Faerie Fire to silence him. after that torrent he should rain dance. he should be dead in the 2nd rain dance. if he goes on much longer i think he will hit the enrage timer.

i suggest as a boomkin get as many buffs as you can and possibly get a warlock to symbiosis so you can have another dmg reduction. i also hear that you can use rogues and get cloak and be immune (or maybe miss) to torrent i have never tried this.

Spells that helped me through this fight, Barkskin, NatureSwiftness + healing Touch.

Spells that do not work. Typhoon

Easy fight for arms warrior if you're decent geared.

Pre-pot, pop reck/banner/avatar/trink/deadly calm and go all out.

Make sure to interupt 1st torrent, and just keep nuking. As soon as execute lights up, go crazy ;)

I managed to kill him during his 1st rain dance, pulled around 110k dps.

Guest Rexxar Vinjin

As a Beast Master hunter, I just ran in circles around this guy. Pet was Gondria the spirit tiger, on ferocity.  I didn't even stampede him.  Pet did die but I used heart of the phoenix for insta-rez.  I just kept pounding him. I used agility flask as well as prepotted deftness pot from the arena. Silencing shot worked fine to stop torrent.  I didn't get hit by one rain drop, he only smacked me for about 41K once.  Pretty easy fight IMO. 

Guest Dinthoqaf

So i've ran into an issue with Warlocks. The Fears don't work for Probuskus. Sure, if you use Mortal Coil you can get your health back. But he actually immune to the fear effect itself. So, don't waste your time doing hardcasting any type of actual fear.

Guest avrahmi

im having trouble as a WW monk. i get him down to 20% but then he enrages and beats me up. any suggestions?

Guest fil

as a priest the cooldown on silence isn't short enough to stop subsequent torrents so you can alternate silence, dispersion, silence.

Guest Warganfreman

The trick to this fight is without a doubt managing Pummel correctly.

Charge in, drop some CDs - but make sure you map Pummel to a hotkey and punch it as soon as you see the castbar pop up for Torrent. 

Even thought you can run in a tight circle on Rain Dance and still hit him, resist the urge. Run in a large arch to make sure you are safe from the droplets and then charge him for some extra rage and drop Bladestorm.

When he gets close to hit enrage percentage pop shield wall and die by the sword - I absorbed most of his attack and barely felt it. Then execute FTW

Guest Lucienna

As a ret. Pally, it appears that none of my stuns work on this guy. Torrent is a sure killer and the only way to survive is to use "divine shield" or "Lay on Hands." The problem is they have long cooldowns and I can only use one ability per shared cooldown. Any suggestions for surviving this fight?

Guest Fanticism

To beat this as Moonkin, I had to do a variety of different things (640 IL). Here's a list of what I did different, because this fight with heroic dungeon gear as Moonkin is tough. The reason for this is because you will only be able to interrupt his first Torrent. This means you need to burn him to 20% before he gets a second torrent off, forcing him into back to back rain dances. (he casts rain dance at 20%, then enrages and hits like a truck)

1. Bring Drums: You'll need them, pop them right before he spawns, same time as your pre-pot, and start with this rotation---- Celestial | Moonfire | Starsurge| Starfire | Solarbeam | Starfire | *Run Away | 

2. Take Renewal: I soaked one of the drops from his first rain dance to get off a few extra wraths (right after you run away and get distance from the above rotation) Note: Most of the rain is random, however from each channel one always seems to land where you're standing during each tick of the channel. Use this rotation to maximize damage during this soak----

|*Run Away | Short Cast | Sidestep | Barkskin | Cast and Soak | Renewal and Potion | Dodge and Cast |

3. Once his channel is over, try to be in a position where he needs to run for a second (opposite corner), minimizing damage, and burn him to get him to 20% before his second Torrent.

4. Once he channels the second rain dance, burn him with whatever you have and do your best to dodge the rain, I used a mecha-blast rocket instead of a second potion to ensure he died before reaching me once the channel ended

Tip: Put Haste Gear On: Haste isn't the best on Moonkin (personal opinion here) for extended fights in poor gear, due to the fact that with Euphoria, you don't get an extra cast inside of your eclipse. However, when it comes the the burst you need to put on this guy with drums and celestial alignment up, it became necessary.

5. I never tried to completely heal through one of the torrents, so this is a guide on how to burst him before the second one occurs.

Note: Luck is nice, proccing starsurges is a lifesavor.

Took me 2 deaths before developed a real strategy, and 2 more tries using this method. Four attempts on a fight I've read moonkins found impossible.

Good Luck!

Guest Scyusia@Anachronos

As a shadowpriest, it took me 3 tries to down him.

CoP lite build works best here.

Must have glyphs: Reflective Shield, Silence

Silence is our only interrupt spell that works on this guy - better glyph it to make it a 20 sec cd instead of 45.

Otherwise - here's what I did.

Prepot, Power Infusion + any on use trinkets you might have for burst. Used my fiend.

MB, put up DoTs, MB on cd, and mind flay - REMEMBER TO SHIELD YOURSELF.

As soon as he casts torrent, calmly interrupt - no need to panic.

Refresh your DoTs as he begins to cast rain dance.

During rain dance, keep moving and casting mind blast/shadow word: pain.

Avoid all the drops - hit box for the droplets are larger than they appear.

When he goes off rain dance, continue previous rotation (emphasis on using Insanity for this fight).

Interrupt second torrent when it's cast.

Refresh DoTs for second rain dance, and REMEMBER TO KEEP SHIELD ON.

After second rain dance, keep kiting him with mind flay.

There is no enrage beyond boss enrage - not when I did him.

Rinse and repeat, and you've got the kill.

Ret pally (ilvl 638): I finally managed to do this fight by nuking him down to about 30% and then stopping dps until he started to cast rain dance. Then hit him down a bit more until rain dance ends and he enrages. I then popped Divine Protection and waited until the next rain dance. Luck meant I could then come out of divine protection and nuke him the rest of the way before his rain dance stopped. I guess this was lucky that there was a rain dance but I guess you could save avenging wrath until the enrage and nuke.

Edited by Guest