Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goglu

Issue with Blast Furnace

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone!

My guild is currently 8/10 H and we've had many attempts on Blast Furnace without success. Last night I actually sat myself out because my DPS was just too terrible compared to everyone else's, sitting at around 35k.

I know frost isn't the ideal spec for that fight but I was wondering if any of you guys had ideas about what would be the best talents to use for that fight.  I've tried switching to fire but I don't have the crit for it (or frankly, the ability to play the spec well).

I'm doing great on all the other 8 fights we do, I'm just stumped on that one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Burnt
      Hey guys,

I'd appreciate if you could have a look at my trinket sims. I'm a little bit confused about the results, so maybe you could tell me if it seems correct?

For BoS people say strength > all, but SC reccommends me 2 non strength trinkets. 
      For ST it's Faulty Countermeasure (900) and Unstable Arcanocrystal (865).
      For MT Horn of Valor (865) and Unstable Arcanocrystal (865).

None of them has strength, could that really be the right choice for BoS?
      I also have Convergence of Fates (875), which is not reccommended as top choice, but i know Simcraft undervalues it a little bit - at least that's what i've heard.

I run mostly M+ and only 1 day per week Nighthold, so my thoughts were to use the following combinations:
      For M+ Arcanocrystal (865) / Countermeasure (900) with tyrannical affix and Arcanocrystal (865) / Horn (865) for other trash affixes.
      For raiding i thought Countermeasure (900) / CoF (875) would be best, because CoF should be more valuable in longer fights.

What do you think?

Character: 
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/tirion/Mìho/simple

Sim singletarget:
      http://xsooom.com/wow/trinkets170215_1t.html

Sim 3 targets:
      http://xsooom.com/wow/trinkets170215_3t.html

(Results are in german... but i hope most of the trinket names are still understandable. Currently equipped is FC/IA.)

Thanks in advance!
    • By Ulathar
      Hey folks,
      I play frost since TBC and since i got my hands on my 3rd legendary and 2 part t19 bonus i struggle with my current build. Maybe you can enlight me :). Here we go:
      I am at an avg gs of 888 with the following stats (unbuffed):
      30% crit
      20% haste
      31% mastery
      3% versatility
      I have the Bracers, cape and belt legendarys at my proposal, currently running with bracers + belt.
      I used to play the "normal" OBRA Build (Icy talons, Frozen Pulse, Runic Attenuation and Glacial Advance)  and did quite well. Since i got my 2 part t19 bonus i am somewhat ressource overcapped and/or GCD limited. Thats why i started tinkering around with my talents.
      Currently i play around with:
      Murderous Efficiency
      Gathering Storm
      Freezing Fog

Instead of the "normal" OBRA build. I am still not sure if this build yields better dps or not for me. Depending on proc luck i am still overcapped with ressources some times as well as ressource starved at other times cuz of the missing Runic Attenuation talent.

What do you guys think? I tried the BoS build as well but i absolutely HATE its "playstyle". can't get used to that 2 min cooldown. Most of the time I use it in a raid i get some nasty debuff and have to run -> dropping BoS xD. In mythic+ i don't like it as well because it falls off after one pack and takes 2-3 packs until its ready again...

And the last question:
      would you prefere a 880 Chest + 880 trinket (that egg thing with the poor haste proc) over Nightbane Chest at 875 alongside with the eye of command at 860?
    • By Rinayu
      Hi!
      I'm reviewing some of my logs from previous raids, and am wondering how you guys rate the importance of Gathering Storm, and whether you actively try to only have 3 runes regenerating or if you let Gathering Storm just take a back seat and don't focus on it.
      From some research I found that it does have a massive effect on the dps, when successfully extending your Gathering Storm from 10 stacks to a re-cast which refreshes the duration with 10 stacks it can have a huge impact as shown in the below log. (Check Buff Uptimes)
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GdFYfB6hxgzRncKr#fight=18

Please let me know if you've done any personal research and any insight. :)
    • By Orpheus1772
      Hey everyone,
      Im interested in the general achievable uptime of BoS, since I neither have the legendary belt, nor the T19 P4 boni, I can only make it to ~55 seconds with Hungering Rune Weapon + Horn, and I feel like Im doing something wrong here, because the second Breath wont have those 2 runeweapon charges and I can only get it to ~20-25 sec, while the third one goes to ~40 sec again.
      I have a better chest (Kara chest)+trinket and shoulder, but the 20% increased proc chance for howling blast sounds to good to pass up, but at the same time Im making the mistake of trying to not waste HB procs, which results in RP loss overall.
      Whats the uptime for those who have the belt, ring and t19 4p bonus?

normal 3 3 2 3 2 3 2 build
      doing fine with the normal obliterate build, but got tired of it and wanted to try breath.
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/norgannon/Ôrpheus/simple

• By Tyrovar
      Hello, first time poster here, so forgive me if my question has an obvious answer that I'm missing.
      While I have Breath of Sindragosa and Hungering Rune Weapon up at the same time, I tend to cap on runes (three or more fully charged), even when spamming Obliterate. Using Rime procs while Hungering Rune Weapon is up seems to exacerbate the problem, because I am not using the runes that Hungering Rune Weapon is generating. With this build, Breath of Sindragosa seems to be my main source of damage, and it seems important to keep it up as long as possible. My question is, is it worth using Rime procs while Hungering Rune Weapon is active during BoS, or should I wait until HRW is over to use them? Here is my armory, if the answer is on a case-by-case basis:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Tyrokoth/simple
      TL;DR of that is that I have the bracers + cloak as my legendaries, and neither 2- nor 4-set bonus.
      I would appreciate any assistance that you can provide. Thank you for your time.