FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Epicus Maximus

The guide for Epicus Maximus is not up yet, but you can post your comments on the fight in this thread. We will make sure to take them into account when we release the guide.

Guest Smyte

Has a castbar that must be interrupted. Avoid everything on the ground. Approx. 96k dps required to kill before enrage.

Guest Fumus

The ability Blue Crash, is the ability that must be interupted, Currently on this fight on my warlock and its the last fight i have left for my Rank 8 achive Posted Image in addition to the ability mentioned above, he will always cast it after casting Destructolaser, which is a 12 second long cast.

Gave some tries today as hunter, generally I didn't have problem for the encounter as I had already downed it on shaman. I had one huge issue tho, my pet was dying from aggro (with Growl turned off of course). It was dying, heart of phoenix, sent it to boss and then it died again. I even delayed Kill Commands, but I don't know how to handle this. In videos the pet gets max 2 hits and then hunter has constant aggro but this didn't happen to me.

Guest Rosethorn

My hunter also has the problem of my pet dying without taunt. It can't be beating me in threat as I am dpsing the boss quite hard. I don't really have time to watch him closely, but I think he might be standing in the destructo-beam thing.

Guest Freezy3

Just like the original version of this fight. I can confirm if you're standing DIRECTLY INSIDE the target on the ground you WILL NOT take damage. So if its directly ontop of you dont move and you will not take damage, if one spawns off the side but still on you, you will obviously have to move.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:53 AM, Guest Freezy3 said:

Just like the original version of this fight. I can confirm if you're standing DIRECTLY INSIDE the target on the ground you WILL NOT take damage. So if its directly ontop of you dont move and you will not take damage, if one spawns off the side but still on you, you will obviously have to move.

Awesome, good to know! Thanks Freezy!

Legion version  has 55.6m HP and the fight starts proper with 1:41 left on Enrage. Quite the step up in terms of DPS from anything before it, my gear & AP fell a bit short of this one.

12 hours ago, Aleila said:

Legion version  has 55.6m HP and the fight starts proper with 1:41 left on Enrage. Quite the step up in terms of DPS from anything before it, my gear & AP fell a bit short of this one.

What item level/class were you attempting it with?

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

What item level/class were you attempting it with?

876 boomkin, AP41. What with only being able to interrupt every 3rd Blue Crush*, the best I managed was about 495k, which wasnt enough :(

* should be every other one according to the guide but I'm pretty certain he casts it more regularly than 30 seconds

21 hours ago, Aleila said:

876 boomkin, AP41. What with only being able to interrupt every 3rd Blue Crush*, the best I managed was about 495k, which wasnt enough :(

* should be every other one according to the guide but I'm pretty certain he casts it more regularly than 30 seconds

Thanks for coming back to share. I'll see if we can look into the more regular casts issue, it seems people are having issues interrupting so this might be true.

Guest Skunk
10 hours ago, Blainie said:

Thanks for coming back to share. I'll see if we can look into the more regular casts issue, it seems people are having issues interrupting so this might be true.

Yeah, I'm stuck on this fight as well as a Fire Mage. Best I've done was 460K damage to him. I think he casts his Blue Crush every 20 seconds-- I figured this out because my Counterspell has a 24 second cooldown, and is never ready by the 2nd Blue Crush-- I end up using Blood Elf racial Arcane Torrent. Kind of unfortunate that we get shafted on the timer because of the initial roleplay. Would be nice if they omitted that. Just feel like this fight is a DPS Check / Caster's nightmare with the frequent movement-- would be nice to see some kind of design changes for different classes. I feel like I see Rogue/DH just go in and smash everything and suffer no DPS losses.

4 hours ago, Guest Skunk said:

I feel like I see Rogue/DH just go in and smash everything and suffer no DPS losses.

There were definitely fights that were the complete opposite in the past, though. That bloody snake fight that oozed poison as it moved was horrible for melee -  was a complete cakewalk for ranged.

I guess they have to introduce some that are better for each role or they just kind of have the same fights.

Guest Thrixie

definitely no way for fire mage...i did try it like 30 times and best result was 15percents...tried many diferent talents also tried as frost this is no way even for my 880 eq...u can only kick 3 casts and u must be blood elf 4th will rape u, ofc u can use ice block but then no time to finish it on time...any ideas please? how did u kill it with fire mage what talents did u use? any video for fire mage in legion ?

15 minutes ago, Guest Thrixie said:

definitely no way for fire mage...i did try it like 30 times and best result was 15percents...tried many diferent talents also tried as frost this is no way even for my 880 eq...u can only kick 3 casts and u must be blood elf 4th will rape u, ofc u can use ice block but then no time to finish it on time...any ideas please? how did u kill it with fire mage what talents did u use? any video for fire mage in legion ?

What was your average DPS before you died?

Guest Thrixie
41 minutes ago, Blainie said:

What was your average DPS before you died?

depends on talent build but in best result i had 504k, since there is no more icy floes talent its like impossible to cast sinceu need to move all the time, i can do like 5-7 fireballs during whole time...

some video with fire mage doing it now in 7.1.5 would be perfect...on yb there are only melee videos and only one frost mage who made it but he bugged it because boss was fighting his elemental in one corner so he was 3/4 of the fight standing on one place and doing dps... i tried this several times and my elemental had never aggro like on that video.

Edited by Thrixie

Guest Birckin
On 17/1/2017 at 4:24 PM, Guest Thrixie said:

Fire mage talents I used to kill this one:

- Pyromaniac.

- Shimmer.

- Rune of Power (much better for Brawler's than Mirror Images).

- Alextrasza's Fury (because I have head legendary, I'd go with Flame On without it).

- Frenetic Speed.

- Unstable Magic.

- Meteor.

Ilvl: 891

Artifact Rank: 44

Legendaries: Dragon's Breath head + Sephuz ring

Trinkets: 880 Int + Crit trinket, Wriggling Sinew

DPS done: 523k

Tips:

- Try to have Rune of Power active everytime you cast Meteor (except the second Rune of Power, I cast it just after the first to make the most of the Potion of Deadly Grace).

- Remember you can use both Potion of Deadly Grace + Brawler's Potion of Prolonged Power at the same time, so you can have 4 potions the whole fight (2 pre-potions + 2 potions in the middle of the fight).

- Try to move as less as possible, only move when you have just casted an instant Pyroblast and while your GCD is active. Don't let sonic stuff hit you anyway (it "only" hits for 1M, you can survive 1 or 2).

- Wait for Cauterize to Iceblock the cast you can't interrupt. Keep DPSing meanwhile.

nice, thank you, but i still cant do it...itried ur legendaries since i have more of them also ur talent build but i think its because im only 880ilvl and thats simply not enough. i cant even survive melee hits so i think that blazing soul is better here but i might be wrong. do you have video how u made it?

Guest Ben

55.6m with about 101s to kill it means you need 550k average to kill this boss. Most classes in the 880-890 range will need drums to get the burst they need. Will probably me much easier once we all have NH tier bonuses.

On 1/20/2017 at 0:54 PM, Thrixie said:

nice, thank you, but i still cant do it...itried ur legendaries since i have more of them also ur talent build but i think its because im only 880ilvl and thats simply not enough. i cant even survive melee hits so i think that blazing soul is better here but i might be wrong. do you have video how u made it?

Did you end up killing it? Hopefully with some higher gear you managed to get it down!

On 1/20/2017 at 11:23 PM, Guest Ben said:

55.6m with about 101s to kill it means you need 550k average to kill this boss. Most classes in the 880-890 range will need drums to get the burst they need. Will probably me much easier once we all have NH tier bonuses.

yeah, I expect many of these bosses are now much easier with NH gear.