FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Biba

DW Frost

I just switched from a 2-hand to DW and feel like i am falling behind.  I have looked at all the stuff on noxxic and icy veins and say that the two specs should be doing about the same single target.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Noxxic and Icy are mostly behind on the most up to date data, currently the sims for ST are:

image06.png

and for cleave:

image18.png

As you can see above 1H frost is lacking in ST and ok in cleave.

If you really want the most dmg out of your char you will have to go unholy.

Edited by VRDRF

Logs would help a lot. As previously noted in raw sims 1h frost is on the lower end of DK dps. You can be competitive but it takes a lot more work. For BRF you should be able to do pretty good because of the cleave fest but on single target bawses you will see a drop in dps. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Memerion
      Where are the vendors that sell bladed steelboots? I've been looking for them everywhere to complete this set but am unable to locate them and just end up running around in circles. 

sos someone help me please. 
    • By Dina96
      The way to enhance Frost Death Knight leveling and then update it in the very start and up into the greatest levels in brief phrases? Opt for the very best gift on every level you obtain so as to find out and use best. Look at these Frost Death Knight abilities and highlight the ones that you have to have on your desk whilst trimming the enthusiast.
      Level 56 - Cold Heart. Level 57 - Horn of Winter, Runic Attenuation. Level 58 - pick one of 3 because they have exactly the identical part in leveling: Passing's Reach, Asphyxiate, Blinding Sleet. Level 60 - Frozen Pulse, Froscythe. Level 75 - Wraith Walk. Level 90 - Frostwyrm's Fury, Gathering Storm. Level 100 - Breath of Sindragosa. You are welcome to add some corrections!
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

• By Valkas
      Hello all! I figured i'd make this thread to get some up to date information on the AOE rotation for unholy.  Currently i'm 935 ilvl, and I run Incstructor's fourth lesson and Soul. (For lack of a better option.) However it is my understanding that these two legendaries make for the strongest aoe rotation. Is this true?

That is my first question. My second is what is the priority for aoe when running these two. Is it to wait for defile to drop, then festering wound a target a couple times, then Scourge Strike? Or is the priority to just put Wounds on then pop them asap, dropping the defile whenever it's available. Typically I wait for defile before I start building Wounds, but given the soul and the extra talent, i suspect it's better to just aoe without Defile if it's unavailable or perhaps just better to rarely spend runes on defile? Curious as to your thoughts!
    • By Questionmarq
      Anybody got any experience/tips or tactics they use as a fire mage ( or other specs that have any knowledge that may be able to apply in generality )