FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S19 Hearthstone Legendary Grim Patron OTK Warrior BrM

I LOVE this deck! It does take some getting used to though at first I will admit. The only card I don't have on the list is Grommash. I've been trying different draw cards in its place, such as the novice engineer, and bloodmage thallnos. I see you don't recomend shield block. Are there any other cards you can recommend in its place? 

Check out the lower budget deck, it's just as good, and is in fact the version i prefer right now. No Grom in that one.

Guest Dethpro

Ha! I got wrecked by Grommash too many times, I crafted him last night. This is definitely my favorite deck to play now lol

I'm fairly new to Hearthstone and this is my first Ranked mode deck. I've had a lot of success so far; really, really happy with it and the cost being so low made this deck attainable at almost entry level. That being said, learning this deck has been a challenge and I'm sure it's not recommended for a beginner. If someone could link the deck being played by a pro, that'd be great!

The only card I'm not happy with is Battle Rage. I just don't find it to be that helpful so far. When I can use it very effectively, I find that I have the game pretty much won already; and when I need card draw during plays where I'm struggling to stay on the board, I'm getting very little out of it (mostly 1 card for 2 mana - then pray that it's a card I need). I almost rather have Gnomish Inventor to gain at least at little presence, Slam, or Shield Block, although because of how new I am, I'm reluctant to change the deck in any way.

Maybe I need to get a Grim Patron out sooner to make better use of it? What're your suggestions?

Guest Vitus

I'm kinda missing a brawl and a commanding shout. What can I swap this with?

Guest Sydney Carton

Great deck and explanations.

I believe that the last sentence in section 3.3 should be revised by deleting the words "inner rage" as the May revision to the deck now includes 2 of this card already so that it is no longer as consideration as a swap in.

Good catch, thanks.

Vitus, Cruel Taskmaster is the most flexible card to cut for one of those cards, I wouldn't recommend either though.

Guest Sart

How can anyone have low enough dignity to play this deck?

And more important, how can anyone actually be shit enough to lose with it

I have a better question, how can anyone type the above message, sit back, think "yep, nailed it, this is a great contribution to the world", and then hit post?

• Like 4

Nah, they don't help. They do pretty poor amounts of damage when compared to Frothing or Patrons without additional buff cards.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Any changes that could be made to this with the new tournament cards?

No, Grim Patron remains perfect as is. The Low Budget version on the site is currently stronger though and the decks are being updated to reflect this. 

Guest Greenie

I have big troubles with this deck. Usually i am dead before turn 8-9. Even when following the strategies.

It can't cope with relative strong/larger minions that are being played in the first 3-4 moves. You fall behind and won't come back.

I have big troubles with this deck. Usually i am dead before turn 8-9. Even when following the strategies.

It can't cope with relative strong/larger minions that are being played in the first 3-4 moves. You fall behind and won't come back.

You should probably try the budget version of it as it is apparently stronger. You can also use your combo pieces to clear the board, but knowing how many is difficult and requires a lot of experience. 

Guest Greenie

You should probably try the budget version of it as it is apparently stronger. You can also use your combo pieces to clear the board, but knowing how many is difficult and requires a lot of experience. 

Currently trying the budget version. Tbh it has the same trouble for me. I just get overwhelmed, especially when I don't pull a Execute when needed. Might very well be my lack of skill, but with other classes and decks and don't have this problem too much. Against real rush decks I do fine by the way, but decks that are slightly slower but with much stronger minions, I struggle a lot.

Currently trying the budget version. Tbh it has the same trouble for me. I just get overwhelmed, especially when I don't pull a Execute when needed. Might very well be my lack of skill, but with other classes and decks and don't have this problem too much. Against real rush decks I do fine by the way, but decks that are slightly slower but with much stronger minions, I struggle a lot.

Patron Warrior is one of the hardest decks to play right now. It takes a lot of practice to have at least 50% winrate. Knowing when to pull of combo, which combo pieces can you use to clear the board and when to drop Acolyte and Armorsmith. It is hard or even impossible to be explained in a guide and only experience can help you get good with this deck. Watching streamers or videos of skilled players such as Trump can help you understand the deck better. Also, there are multiple versions and variants of Patron Warrior and if the one on this site doesn't work well for you, maybe try a different version.

Guest Smiter

Just read your article about the warsong commander nerf and I completely agree with you.

It really makes you wonder what the hell Blizzard is thinking. They seem to think that RNG = more skill and fun than something that's pure skill.

At this point I wish someone would take over Ben Brode's position. I've been finding the game less and less fun as more RNG elements are introduced. I don't even bother trying to rank up anymore.

Guest I_Obey_Sottle

yep, nailed it, this is a great contribution to the world

Sign in to follow this