FORUMS

Hey all. I have a bit of a problem I need a hand with. For some time now I've been using Vuhdo, not as a healer, but as pure dps. Years ago, I followed a tutorial to set up a single button via Vuhdo for hostile targets, using four mouse buttons and shift/control buttons for modifiers to go through my rotation.
A few days ago I managed to completely bork up my saved Vuhdo profile and now am back to square one. I've managed to sort out the targeting button and spells again, but I'm having a great deal of trouble working out how to remove myself, and any other group members from showing up on the vuhdo panel.
So, in short, what I'm looking for is a way to have a single button that is my target, and only my target. I don't use vuhdo for raid or party frames. 
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

On 11/24/2017 at 1:56 AM, TinkerTed said:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You'll need to use the Private Tanks section to do it, while disabling everything else.

Uncommon Patron

I have a silly situation with Vuhdo. One of my healers does not display a Vuhdo mini-map button. The other 3 healers all have one. I have looked all over Vuhdo to find how to enable the button, on the one that doesn't have it, to no avail.  Any ideas? ty

On 11/30/2017 at 12:48 PM, Blainie said:

You'll need to use the Private Tanks section to do it, while disabling everything else.

Thanks! That did it. I have everything back to normal, almost. One more nagging thing that I'm probably just overlooking. Mouse button 4 brings up a dialog box for Role and Role Override within Private Tanks. Is this a key-bind that can be changed so it doesn't conflict? Or is there a way to disable it? 

Sorry if I missed it, but I can't find the solution - how do I do raid management (i.e. assign people to groups) using VuhDo? Dragging doesn't seem to work.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:01 PM, Ohrkid said:

I have a silly situation with Vuhdo. One of my healers does not display a Vuhdo mini-map button. The other 3 healers all have one. I have looked all over Vuhdo to find how to enable the button, on the one that doesn't have it, to no avail.  Any ideas? ty

/vuhdo opt - should be able to find it in general.

On 12/3/2017 at 11:23 AM, TinkerTed said:

Thanks! That did it. I have everything back to normal, almost. One more nagging thing that I'm probably just overlooking. Mouse button 4 brings up a dialog box for Role and Role Override within Private Tanks. Is this a key-bind that can be changed so it doesn't conflict? Or is there a way to disable it? 

Should be able to change it in the Vuhdo keybindings section.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:52 AM, ilintar said:

Sorry if I missed it, but I can't find the solution - how do I do raid management (i.e. assign people to groups) using VuhDo? Dragging doesn't seem to work.

You can only do this in the normal raid frame, I believe. 

hey,

Is it possible to make vuhdo only show a person once in a panel?

I have separate groups for main tanks and healers but I also have groups 1-8 in same panel,

right now people who are shown in special groups are also shown in ''normal'' groups too which I don't want to happen

EDIT: well found the option for tanks (on general -general -filter) is there a similar option for healers?

Edited by Jopein

3 hours ago, Jopein said:

EDIT: well found the option for tanks (on general -general -filter) is there a similar option for healers?

Can you set healers as Private Tanks and then use the option in the same place for Priv. Tanks? Could be a workaround for it.

7 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Can you set healers as Private Tanks and then use the option in the same place for Priv. Tanks? Could be a workaround for it.

don't know how to do set them as private tanks

17 minutes ago, Jopein said:

don't know how to do set them as private tanks

It looks like you can't set them as PTs - I'm going through my Vuhdo trying to find other options, but it's not really jumping out at me atm. If you take them out of your bars, won't you then have an uneven set of bars? Not sure if that's important to you.

1 minute ago, Blainie said:

...won't you then have an uneven set of bars? Not sure if that's important to you.

uneven bars haven't ever really bothered me... had healbot running like that for years so im just aiming for most similar setup.

I will get used to having people in multible bars eventually if I can't do anything to it.

Thanks for trying to help

44 minutes ago, Jopein said:

uneven bars haven't ever really bothered me... had healbot running like that for years so im just aiming for most similar setup.

I will get used to having people in multible bars eventually if I can't do anything to it.

Thanks for trying to help

You could possibly try the massive setup guide that Zohar put up - might have an answer in there. That's pretty much the only other place to check that I can think of. 

http://vuhdoguide.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/vuhdo-setup-walkthrough.html

Hello

do you guys know if its possible to highlight the friendly bar thats in my target? I want to see a difference between the frame thats my target and the others. Maybe a little brighter or darker or a frame around it. But I cant find the option

Hi.
I have this problem that have configured Vuhdo Frames like want them to be except, but seems that can't Click on any char in the Raid Frame :( I don't have the "click through" panel activated on settings. Tried to click on every 10x member, but no luck. When click on some char there then i'm being healed x) :/ Could record brief video about it if no solution found without display description.

Kind Regards: Friendly lost Orc Shammy.

I just started a move to this addon from Grid and I've been pretty impressed so far.  However I just started to move my Priest over, I setup my Holy spec (by the way you really need to mention that Keys Local doesn't let you bind to mouse buttons, that's a pretty big limitation took a LOT of searching to find that out) and all was good.

Then I switched to Disc to set that up and all my holy spells are there still.  I saw there was no concept of "profiles" like in most addons (though there are profiles, they don't seem to be the same where they are usually used for different specs) but it always came up with spells configured for my current spec so I just assumed it just auto changed.  Surely there is some way to have my disc and holy specs share the same buttons? 

On 06/05/2018 at 2:54 AM, almordhel said:

I just started a move to this addon from Grid and I've been pretty impressed so far.  However I just started to move my Priest over, I setup my Holy spec (by the way you really need to mention that Keys Local doesn't let you bind to mouse buttons, that's a pretty big limitation took a LOT of searching to find that out) and all was good.

Then I switched to Disc to set that up and all my holy spells are there still.  I saw there was no concept of "profiles" like in most addons (though there are profiles, they don't seem to be the same where they are usually used for different specs) but it always came up with spells configured for my current spec so I just assumed it just auto changed.  Surely there is some way to have my disc and holy specs share the same buttons? 

You should be able to save profiles under Key Layouts, or something named like that. You can choose "Save As" as an option, or so. 

• Like 1

I am trying to figure out how to get Vuhdo to only show the target of tanks in the Main Tanks group I have set up. Does anyone know how to do this? I can get it to show targets of everyone, but I want to limit it only to the Main Tanks group.

I am looking to set them up like that so I can use the mouse over to Dispel Magic on the tanks targets.

Thanks!

Hey everyone. Im having an issue where I have set my Healing Tide Totem and Riptide to go off whenever they are off cooldown. (I used the section that also has the auto trinket option) When I've tried this out not in combat and by myself.  It works great. However as soon as I try it in a group/combat it only works the first time I do it. After that I cant click myself or anyone else and perform any type of heal. I have to stop everyone and go turn it off.  Any ideas on how to fix this would be great. Thanks for any input you all might have.

Edited by Boltthrower1423

Hello, excuse my English. I am trying to set up a panel for the Target and I do not want the debuffs or damages of other players to appear. I mean, I just want that with my priest discipline to have controlled the "Purge the Wicked" or any other damage, but only mine not the other players.
Thank you and great guide

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      Blizzard have announced some big changes coming to Retribution Plaladins with the next content patch, with a rebuild of the talent tree from the ground up! Check out all the details below:
      Retribution (Source)
      Well met!
      We’re doing a substantial rework to the Retribution talent tree in patch 10.0.7. Rebuilding the Retribution talent tree from the ground up means significant changes ahead. However, the talent tree itself will not be available in our first PTR build(s), so initial testing on the PTR will be missing important context.
      Nonetheless, we’d like to share our major goals for Retribution with you.
      Button bloat: Retribution Paladins currently have a fairly large number of abilities, and some of these feel unnecessary and inefficient. We’re working to tone this down and have a more focused set of abilities and cooldowns.
      Stacking modifiers: There are currently several talents and abilities that provide stacking bonuses, which can make for a confusing and messy playstyle that deals extreme burst damage, but in return leaves your core abilities feeling unsatisfying and under-tuned. We intend to significantly change this. We want your core abilities to feel good and powerful when used in all situations. This doesn’t mean we’re reducing all elements of burst damage, but we do want to make burst more purposeful and deliberate, while also allowing options that provide sustained damage.
      Survivability: Retribution Paladins currently have one of the highest death rates across all forms of content. For a plate wearing class with hybrid healing, this doesn’t feel right. We’re looking to strengthen them through a mixture of passive bonus and improvements to active abilities and cooldowns, while keeping the degree of challenge that results from being a melee-based spec.
      Maneuverability: We recognize that there’s an issue here and we hope to make some improvements. However, we want to set clear expectations. Retribution Paladins should not expect to gain the mobility of Rogues.
      Utility: The changes that Dragonflight brought to Retribution have caused some conflict for players, forcing the Ret Paladin to choose between providing benefits to their groups or benefiting themselves. This choice can be interesting, but due to the way this has historically worked for Paladins, it hasn’t felt right in Dragonflight. So, we’re looking to make changes here that allow you to feel good and improve your own damage while also providing the group benefits that you’re used to. We’re also looking into additional utility improvements for Paladins during the 10.0.7 test cycle.
      We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback on the points above, as well as anything else about Retribution that you’d like to share. Thank you!
    • By Starym
      Plenty of class fixes arrive in today's batch, as well as a change to Bolstering, items, quests, professions and more - including a Wrath Classic fix as well.
      January 27 (Source)
      Classes
      Druid Restoration Fixed an issue that could cause Regrowth to sometimes not apply its direct healing after casting Nourish. Monk Mistweaver Fixed an issue that caused Awakened Faeline and Ancient Concordance to fail to apply in some instances while multiple Faelines were present. Paladin Retribution Lawbringer now correctly deals 8% of enemy maximum health in damage. Rogue The Outlaw 2pc set bonus now correctly interacts with Echoing Reprimand. Warlock Affliction Fixed an issue where Inevitable Demise was granting double benefit to Drain Life. Fixed an issue where Malefic Affliction was not being removed when casting Unstable Affliction on another target. Fixed an issue where Withering Bolt was exceeding the described damage increase cap when using Drain Soul. Fixed an issue where Malefic Rapture and Seed of Corruption consumed multiple applications of Cruel Epiphany. Dungeons and Raids
      Mythic+ Affixes Bolstering no longer applies to players’ summons. Items and Rewards
      The Ensemble: Tuskar Trader’s Leather Armor sold by Lontupit or Murik in Iskaara will no longer require Resilient Leather, which wasn’t showing on the vendor’s list of required items. Professions
      Alchemy Potion of Sacrificial Anima can no longer be used above level 60. The tooltip will reflect this in a future patch. Engineering The Magazine of Healing Darts embellishment will now only fire towards and be consumed by other players. Quests
      Valdrakken Players who have not yet started “Reviving the Machine” should now see its starting location displayed in Valdrakken’s map.
        Wrath of the Lich King Classic
      Classes Death Knight Sigil of the Vengeful Heart now increases Death Coil damage and Frost Strike damage by the correct amounts listed on the item’s tooltip.
    • By Stan
      We're looking at 10 mounts that will be available in the Trading Post starting February 1.
      Magenta Cloud Serpent
      More affectionate than their cousins, Magenta Cloud Serpents are known to form close bonds with their riders.

Crusty Crawler
      This rare giant crab has taken a break from its nautical nonsense deep under the sea to explore the surface.

Quawks
      Squawks's older (and somehow louder) brother appears to tolerate your presence. For now. You should probably track down some crackers while you still can.

Ash'adar, Harbinger of Dawn
      Kaldorei legends whisper of a relentless hunter prowling amongst the deepest shadows of Kalimdor, never sleeping. By the light of the sun or the moon, Ash'adar now hunts with you.

Coral-Stalker Waveray
      This species of ray seems to have evolved to stalk its prey amidst the brightly colored corals of the seas.

Savage Green Battle Turtle
      Turtle too slow to chase down your foes? Just add cannons. Nothing can outrun a cannon.
      Model Preview Not Available
      Armored Siege Kodo
      Only the strongest and most fearless of kodos can be trained to become living siege weapons. Even the highest walls won't keep them out for long.
      Model Preview Not Available
      Armored Golden Pterrordax
      Many an unwary direhorn has met its end in a flash of glittering gold before becoming this pterrordax's next meal.

Cerulean Marsh Hopper
      Gottum's expansion into export markets was inevitable with news of the Trading Post reaching even into the depths of the Frogmarsh.

Celestial Steed
      A beacon of hope; a guiding light in the darkness.
      More Store Mounts will probably be available in the Trading Post in the future, but for now, we only know of Celestial Steed. Note that not all the mounts will be available for purchase at the same time. It appears there will only be 1 mount per rotation/month.

• By Stan
      You can skip the Spark of Ingenuity questline on alts and instantly receive 5 Sparks if you completed it on your main.
      Once you collect 5 Spark of Ingenuity on your main, you can talk to Greyzik Cobblefinger at the Engine of Innovati on in Valdrakken on alts to skip the whole questline and receive 5 Bottled Essences and Essence Detector. The skip will only work for characters that haven't started the questline yet.

• By Starym
      We have a big batch today, with a Guardian buff, Warlock fixes, a Cobalt Assembly XP nerf, as well as  plenty of item and quest improvements, mostly focusing on Storm's Fury.
      January 25 (Source)
      Classes
      Druid Protector of the Pack healing bonus to Regrowth and damage bonus to Moonfire has been increased by 60%. Developers’ note: Previously this talent was gaining extra benefit from various modifiers on the Druid class. With the patch, we changed it to grant the exact bonus listed in the tooltip for clarity and to reduce the swings in value. However, this left the talent feeling a lot weaker, so we’re increasing its spell power substantially to compensate. Guardian Fixed an issue causing Raze to consume extra Tooth and Claw stacks. Warlock Affliction Fixed an issue to where the 4pc set bonus, Cruel Epiphany, was being removed when casting Seed of Corruption, causing it to not benefit. Demonology Fixed an issue where Grimoire: Felguard affected the cooldown of Guillotine, Demonic Strength, and Felstorm. Guillotine, Demonic Strength, and Felstorm now put each ability on cooldown for the appropriate amount of time. Dungeons and Raids
      Vault of the Incarnates Sennarth, the Cold Breath Sennarth no longer casts Chilling Blast immediately before entering Phase 2. Enemies and NPCs
      Fixed an issue that caused the rare enemy, Bloodbeak the Ravenous, in Nokhudon Hold to have its health scale with attackers. Experience granted by enemies associated with the Cobalt Assembly has been greatly reduced. Developers’ notes: From the start, the Cobalt Assembly was intended to be a max-level feature, and Sundered Flame enemies should not have granted significant amounts of XP. Having a max-level player kill enemies while in a party with lower-level players who stand around and do nothing but receive XP and reputation is not the sort of gameplay we wish to encourage. We’ve adjusted the XP rate, rather than removed it completely, to encourage players to level in more fun, interactive ways, while still leaving this as an option that is no longer the best option. Items and Rewards
      The Falling Star Flinger and Falling Star Catcher can now only be used outdoors. Thanks to the assistance of a couple Bronze dragons, the Legion timewalking vendor items now reflect the correct item levels. Removed the holiday requirement for many holiday transmog rewards. Fixed an issue where using Windscar Whetstone caused other on-use trinkets to remain unusable for several additional seconds past the displayed cooldown. Player versus Player
      Warmode Fixed an issue that prevented characters from earning “the Horde Slayer” and “the Alliance Slayer” titles. Professions
      Fixed an issue where crafting EZ-Thro Gravitational Displacer would craft ordinary Gravitational Displacers at certain qualities. Quests
      The Azure Span In addition to completing tasks for Big Kinook, players can also earn credit for the quests “Community Feast” and “Aiding the Accord: A Feast For All” by throwing any discovered meat into the pot, or by yelling “Yes Chef!” when given a new task. Storm’s Fury Fixed an issue that can cause players to continue to gain stacks of Warmth when at the Temporal Conflux area after the event is over. Fixed an issue with portal capture so that captures occur faster based on number of nearby players. Fixed an issue that caused the lighting to rapidly change when entering or exiting a heat source. “Resisting the Storm” can now be completed when in a raid group. The HP of all Bosses in the Storm’s Fury event has been significantly reduced. The HP of the Winter’s Aegis enemies during the Glakis, Winter’s Wrath boss encounter has been significantly reduced.