FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Feast of Winter Veil

Guest No Impressed

I'm sorry but this guide is horrible. It basically just repeats everything the achievement says. It says things like "Obtain 8 Mistletoe" or "You'll need 10 Handfuls of Snow" but then doesn't tell you where to get them.

Pretty unhelpful guide.

I'm sorry but this guide is horrible. It basically just repeats everything the achievement says. It says things like "Obtain 8 Mistletoe" or "You'll need 10 Handfuls of Snow" but then doesn't tell you where to get them.

Pretty unhelpful guide.

I'm not actually sure you read the guide. For every single achievement, there is actually much more mentioned in the guide than "repeating what the achievement says". More precisely, in every case, you are told how/where to obtain the items needed for the achievement, and sometimes you are also given additional details.

The two cases you mentioned, the Mistletoe and Handfulls of Snow are not mentioned in the respective parts of the guide, because in section 4 you are told that you obtain both of those items each time you /kiss a Winter Reveler. So it seemed a bit redundant to repeat it again a short while later.

So, aside from the fact that your points are completely invalid, I don't see how you can possibly be justified in calling the guide "horrible". I find that statement laughable, considering the quality of most (or all?) other Winter Veil "guides". Your comment could have been polite and/or helpful, so that a free resource to which you have access at no cost whatsoever could be improved, but you chose to be rude and unhelpful. It baffles me that you could post with hostility.

Don't worry about coming up with something to reply to me, I'm sure you won't bother posting again.

• Like 4

Guest Xukc

Any idea where Brother Karman can be found since Theramore is compleatly destroyed and its a "ghost" place now ?

Any idea where Brother Karman can be found since Theramore is compleatly destroyed and its a "ghost" place now ?

You need to speak with Zidormi, on the western end of the west bridge of Theramore. She will send you to "Past Theramore", where you can interact with Brother Karman.

• Like 1

Cross Realm Zones ruined this event unless you were able to get the upper hand in the battle for Metzen. It was SO brutal for us. I had to organize TWO FORTY MAN RAIDS to take over from the 80+ Alliance sitting there ganking people. After calling out targets, popping Bloodlust, and zerging them, we finally won just to get our daily done. Before we knew it, there were hundreds more Alliance that came back to overwhelm us. This struggle existed EVERY SINGLE DAY. I couldn't imagine what would happen if you just COULDN'T get control of that area. They need to figure out this CRZ garbage or instance holiday events.

Guest Cayleb

Good guide, easy to find out what's changed this year. (Not much, which is fine. We did just get a new expac, a patch, and the promise of more content early in the new year.)

I especially liked the info on the Battle Pets, but is there a way you can highlight it a bit more? It was mildly more difficult to find than I'd expected, especially since Battle Pets (as a feature) are new this year and so the information would be in high demand.

In section 4.1.3, you've forgotten the "h" in Cathedral several times.

Other than those two minor notes, this guide is yet another example of why I read IV.

Guest Krugash

Great guide. Guest_No impressed needs to learn to read ALL of an article before posting such nonsense. I do want to mention the "There Both Footballs" achievement. I think this is this years special gift and a pretty cool one too. I'm level 80 and I'm not sure about some achievements getting done, but this guide was a great help. If I do not have "Gaudy Winter Veil Sweater", where do I get one? That was last years gift, right? I also need the BB gun, but I'm going back to your guide now to see if I just missed that.

Good guide, easy to find out what's changed this year. (Not much, which is fine. We did just get a new expac, a patch, and the promise of more content early in the new year.)

I especially liked the info on the Battle Pets, but is there a way you can highlight it a bit more? It was mildly more difficult to find than I'd expected, especially since Battle Pets (as a feature) are new this year and so the information would be in high demand.

In section 4.1.3, you've forgotten the "h" in Cathedral several times.

Other than those two minor notes, this guide is yet another example of why I read IV.

Looks like I'm reading this a bit late :P I've fixed the typos in Cathedral (many thanks for reporting them!), but I'm not really sure what you mean about the Battle Pets.

Great guide. Guest_No impressed needs to learn to read ALL of an article before posting such nonsense. I do want to mention the "There Both Footballs" achievement. I think this is this years special gift and a pretty cool one too. I'm level 80 and I'm not sure about some achievements getting done, but this guide was a great help. If I do not have "Gaudy Winter Veil Sweater", where do I get one? That was last years gift, right? I also need the BB gun, but I'm going back to your guide now to see if I just missed that.

Thank you :) I voluntarily excluded the They're Both Footballs? achievement, because 1) I did not want to give spoilers and 2) it is a Feat of Strength and not an actual Winter Veil achievement.

• Like 1

Guest Proderic

Misprint in the guide for Horde players doing Great Father Winter is Here!.  The pick up and turn in are not in Ironforge as listed, but rather in Org.  

Guest Lividia

Hi!  Thanks for another great guide smile.png

This year's gaily wrapped present should also have a chance of containing a new pet, the Rotten Little Helper, which comes in a Rotten Helper Box.

If you're looking for the pets on the auction house, you can find each of them in two forms, as follows:

Rotten Helper Box => Rotten Little Helper

Jingling Bell => Winter Reindeer

Green Helper Box => Father Winter's Helper

Red Helper Box => Winter's Little Helper

Tiny Snowman Kit => Tiny Snowman

NB. Lump of Coal is Bind on Pickup, but the resulting pet, Lumpy, can be traded.

Lividia

Misprint in the guide for Horde players doing Great Father Winter is Here!.  The pick up and turn in are not in Ironforge as listed, but rather in Org.  

Thanks, fixing it :)

Hi!  Thanks for another great guide smile.png

This year's gaily wrapped present should also have a chance of containing a new pet, the Rotten Little Helper, which comes in a Rotten Helper Box.

If you're looking for the pets on the auction house, you can find each of them in two forms, as follows:

Rotten Helper Box => Rotten Little Helper

Jingling Bell => Winter Reindeer

Green Helper Box => Father Winter's Helper

Red Helper Box => Winter's Little Helper

Tiny Snowman Kit => Tiny Snowman

NB. Lump of Coal is Bind on Pickup, but the resulting pet, Lumpy, can be traded.

Lividia

Wish you had a registered account so I could "like" the post! I don't mention the Christmas presents so that it doesn't spoil things for people who do not wish to know in advance.

I believe y'all forgot an achievement. Perhaps it was added this year; frankly I haven't paid attention but I did notice I do not personally have it:

The Danger Zone

• Like 1

My friend has reported that Galakras in Flex gave them a Green Winter Hat. Strange but awesome!

Edit: Nazgrim just dropped the Red Winter Hat for my group! (specific to players)

Guest Velcro

Just wanted to point out that I got the Caroling achievement yesterday, so you can in fact complete that achievement before the 25th of December

Guest Paleblade

just wanted to mention I received the Rotten Helper Box yesterday from the quest reward for "You're A Mean One... ". Found it in the Stolen Present I received on the first character I did the quest on.

Guest Noritam

As a very new player, I found this guide extremely helpful.  It answered every single question I had from various hints and what not I noticed as I've been logging in and out.  Even how to kiss a Reveler!  I needed that tidbit of "how to", being so new.

Unless I missed something, other than figuring out how to get a cooking skill 1 and possibly baking a Ginger Bread Cookie, I don't think there's anything for a newbie level 10 player to do.  I know this game is for dedicated and skilled players but a little something festive to wear or carry for the season would be a nice something to encourage us newbies along.

I admit I am excruciatingly slow at learning, and I get stuck on what turns out being very very basic things [still haven't mastered how to turn around quickly when over-shooting a target angry.png --grrr---] and I see lots of fun to be had if I'm still around next year.  

I was hoping to find a little something for me to do over here by Azure Watch for the holidays.  Well, there's always next year.

Thanks again for the guide though, it did answer all of my questions.  smile.png

As long as it doesn't get fixed, I would like to mention it here, that Clockwork Rocket Bot and Rotten Helper Box can be dropped from Stolen presents from the daily quest  You're A Mean One.

Rotten Helper Box is also mentioned to be dropped from the Gaily Wrapped Present under the christmas tree on 25th.

Guest AliokWOWDB

I can't link the guide as a resource for other players to use because it is currently incomplete, and possibly inaccurate in regards to the dagger.

Please see my comment here, the official blog entry here, and - as much as it pains me - Wowhead's guide here.