FORUMS
Damien

Hearthstone Nefarian and Onyxia

Guest Madrigal

Thanks for wasting our time. This deck doesn't work. The OP has zero credibility.

Guest azul1337

Here are some changes I made to this deck that gave me a victory on the 1st try (not without playing carefully, though):

Note: This assumes you have completed The Curse of Naxxramas and have a decent collection of "Common" cards

-2x River Crocolisk ---> +2x Flame Juggler

This can be risky with Dragon Egg on the board, but you can Fireblast off the Black Whelp next turn if necessary

-1x Ironforge Rilfeman ---> +1x Argent Horserider 

Charge+Divine Shield combo is useful in P1 for board clear

-1x Ironforge Rilfeman ---> +1x Shade of Naxxramas 

Good growth potential in any phase. Try not to play it late in P2 without need, as he will be cleared by Nefarian immediately on P3

-1x Shattered Sun Cleric ---> +1x Shade of Naxxramas (See above)

-1x Frostwolf Warlord ---> +1x Feugen 

-1x Boulderfist Ogre ---> +1x Stalagg

You want to work this out so that Feugen & Stalagg are both dead by very-early P3. The objective is to summon Thaddius as quickly as possible in P3 for a quick finisher. If you can buff him up with Cleric/Stormwind you shouldn't have much trouble closing the game. The only time Thaddius should not be hitting face is if large threats are on the board (e.g. Drakonid Crusher).

-1x Stormwind Champion ---> +1x Kel'Thuzad

Kel'Thuzad is best saved for P3 if possible so that you can use your minions to clear the board of as many threats as possible without losing your own minions.

Mulligan for cheap minions and spells in the opener as usual and best of luck to you!!

For those of you asking if this deck works, well, yeah, it so does.
I've been trying to fight this boss so hard, it took me several hours of trying with many decks, untill I've found this one. I did not had all the cards, so I had to improvize, so here's the deck, based on this one: http://i65.tinypic.com/20at9nn.png
All being said, let's move to the actual fight. Well, as you know, the game has 2 (even 3) parts, meaning that first of all you have to get rid of his armour (phase1), kill Onyxia (phase2) and then finally kill him (phase3). Well, with this deck, there are 2 phases as well, but no the ones I've just mentioned. The first phase is, you, being able to survive untill round 9. Why round 9 ? Because in round 8 you're going to have to play Kel'Thuzad, and in round 9 Deathlord. Meanwhile, use your other minions (few of them) and spells to clear the board, without using Inner Fire, Divine Spirit, and minions with similar Battlecry as these spells. Even tho, I have buffed my minions with the help of Kel'Thuzad and Dark Cultist. Keep killing your Cultists untill something else gets buffed, Lightwarden in my case. Also, DO NOT get him below 30 hp +1 armour, and do hit him only when you do have more than 31 dmg. Here's a pic of my phase 1. http://i63.tinypic.com/25plsft.jpg
A
nd, here's what I've got, after buffing hard enough. http://i68.tinypic.com/vgrji9.png

Thanks for the deck !

Guest Nuruodo

Bob I've tried like million times, these decks SUCK SUPER BIG TIME, RNG must be in my favor like 1:100000000

These are the cheapest decks I beat Heroic Nefarian and Onyxia with.

Nefarian does not have any card draw besides Chromaggus. The only value play he is capable of is his Hero Power, which he will luckily only use, when there are no other plays available. That is why it is easily possible to outvalue him with strong taunts, heals and efficient removal.

Cheap Priest (80 Dust)
Difficulty: hard (may take more than 10 tries)
Inspiration:

2x Holy Smite
2x Inner Fire
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Power Word: Shield
2x Twilight Whelp
2x Divine Spirit
2x Shadow Word: Pain
2x Blackwing Technician
2x Shadow Word: Death
2x Dragonkin Sorcerer
2x Hungry Dragon
2x Blackwing Corruptor
2x Holy Nova
1x Emperor Thaurissan
1x Chromaggus
2x Mind Control

Use Holy Smite, Twilight Whelp, Blackwing Technician, Blackwing Corruptor and Holy Nova to kill Bone Constructs.
Use Shadow Word: Pain to kill Blackwing Technician and Dragonkin Sorcerer.
Use Shadow Word: Death to kill Draconid Crusher and Chromaggus.
Win condition: Buff Dragonkin Sorcerer to at least 31 attack and kill Nefarian with one single blow, skipping phase 2 and 3 entirely.

Cheap Naxx Priest (80 Dust)
Difficulty: easy (may take up to 5 tries)
Similar, yet more expensive deck: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/cheap-nefarian-and-onyxia-priest-deck-heroic-mode

2x Holy Smite
2x Inner Fire
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Zombie Chow
2x Divine Spirit
2x Dark Cultist
2x Deathlord
2x Dragonkin Sorcerer
2x Holy Nova
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Emperor Thaurissan
1x Kel'Thuzad
2x Mind Control

Win condition 1: Buff Deathlord or Dragonkin Sorcerer to at least 31 attack and kill Nefarian with one single blow, skipping phase 2 and 3 entirely.
Win condition 2: Have Kel'Thuzad and a taunt on the board.
Win condition 3: Use Kel'Thuzad to revive your minions on the turn from phase 2 to 3.

Cheerio,

Bob

Guest SaintAkira

Just getting around to this boss, deck worked fine. Took two tries. Actually never drew KT, and accidentally triggered the board wipe :( So I buffed the hell out of a light warden and beat em the hard way. You're doing it wrong if you can't win with the deck.

Guest SaintAkira

Worked fine. I accidentally popped his armor and lost my buffed deathLord. Still best him, including onyxia, with a buffed light warden instead. If you can't win with the deck, you're doing it wrong.

On ‎9‎.‎11‎.‎2015 at 6:56 PM, phaque said:

this priest deck doesnt work.

Yes, it does. I just tried it and won in 2nd try. However, adding more expansion/pack cards gives you advantage over the Cheap deck.

Guest Fraubump

One issue with doing this post LoE is that Nefarian copies the new priest spells, including Entomb, which has wrecked a few of my attempts.

Bob I've tried like million times, these decks SUCK SUPER BIG TIME, RNG must be in my favor like 1:100000000

Indeed. After having been roflstomped by Nef for a couple of times I tried that Priest deck. Only thing I needed to craft was Inner Fire, which isn't that much of a hassle, even for an utter and bloody rook like me.

Just dust a common card and you receive +95 Dust, 80 are needed for 2 x Inner Fire. If you want to go extra cheap just craft one, requiring only 40 Dust. And getting a card you can dust shouldn't be THAT hard, considering that even if you just started, playing through the class unlocks, doing a couple of casuals should net you enough Bonus Packs and Gold to get a Common, serviceable to be dusted.

As for RNG, yes, it can be infuriating, however, if your opening Hand isn't too weak (that is, you actually have cards ready to be played) you should be able to stall him long enough. Go for Board control, ignore Nef completely and as soon as you have a minion with taunt and slap down Kel it's basically GG Nef.

If you havent burned your Dark Cultist too early slap them down, start buffing your taunter, heal if needed (Nef will target him, or Kel with spells) and start shredding your Cultists against whatever Nef throws at you, when your taunter is healthy enough slap Divine Spirit (both if need be) on him, then Inner Fire and its a one shot on Nef. Got my Deathlord to a whopping 84/84 after a couple of turns.

It was so ridiculously easy that I felt like I was cheating (which, technically I was, exploiting the passive AI thanks to taunt + Kel).

Guest Guest

How could this ever work?

Worked great for me, took me three tries though because of my own misunderstanding early on. Just followed the instructions and everything worked out.

Using this deck made me better because the fight is difficult and there isn't a lot of forgiveness for mistakes.

Guest Nennis

4th time trying this deck, i have not yet done 1 damage to Nefarian. i end up trying to play minions clearing his and die..

I honestly ask if this is a joke.. Honest to god and my family..

I agree

Guest BesSnow

There is an error in the Hero Powers section. Nefarian Strikes is not a random amount of damage. It follows the pattern 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5... 

Oh cool, I did not know that. Do you have confirmation you can link to?

It's actually 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 20...  I don't know after that because I died biggrin.png

Guest DocWaffle

I have to agree that the mage deck provided is really weak and requires immense draw luck to be able to cope. I wiped at least 10 times before i got fed up and made my own deck which 1 shotted the encounter.

If others are interested, the focus was on spells and taunts that could trade 1 for 2 bone constructs.

2x Elven Archer

2x Arcane Explosion

2x Frostbolt

2x Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x Haunted Creeper

2x Murloc Tidehunter

2x Arcane Intellect

2x Ironfur Grizzly

2x Razorfen Hunter

2x Cone of Cold

2x Fireball

2x Polymorph

2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta

2x Booty Bay Bodyguard

2x Flamestrike

Thanks! 

I got quite frustrated after going 0/10 with both my own attempts and what was suggested here.

This worked great. I was a bit confused by the descriptions of the fight and Nefarians abilities, because they did not match up to my experience at all.

Guest shadowhazcookie

It seems kind of idiotic to have "recommended" decks for a chapter that require cards from a chapter that has cards needed from this chapter.

Guest shadowhazcookie

These are the cheapest decks I beat Heroic Nefarian and Onyxia with.

Nefarian does not have any card draw besides Chromaggus. The only value play he is capable of is his Hero Power, which he will luckily only use, when there are no other plays available. That is why it is easily possible to outvalue him with strong taunts, heals and efficient removal.

Cheap Priest (80 Dust)

Difficulty: hard (may take more than 10 tries)

Inspiration:

2x Holy Smite

2x Inner Fire

2x Northshire Cleric

2x Twilight Whelp

2x Divine Spirit

2x Blackwing Technician

2x Dragonkin Sorcerer

2x Hungry Dragon

2x Blackwing Corruptor

2x Holy Nova

1x Emperor Thaurissan

1x Chromaggus

2x Mind Control

Use Holy Smite, Twilight Whelp, Blackwing Technician, Blackwing Corruptor and Holy Nova to kill Bone Constructs.

Use Shadow Word: Pain to kill Blackwing Technician and Dragonkin Sorcerer.

Use Shadow Word: Death to kill Draconid Crusher and Chromaggus.

Win condition: Buff Dragonkin Sorcerer to at least 31 attack and kill Nefarian with one single blow, skipping phase 2 and 3 entirely.

Cheap Naxx Priest (80 Dust)

Difficulty: easy (may take up to 5 tries)

Similar, yet more expensive deck: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/cheap-nefarian-and-onyxia-priest-deck-heroic-mode

2x Holy Smite

2x Inner Fire

2x Northshire Cleric

2x Zombie Chow

2x Divine Spirit

2x Dark Cultist

2x Deathlord

2x Dragonkin Sorcerer

2x Holy Nova

2x Sludge Belcher

1x Emperor Thaurissan

1x Kel'Thuzad

2x Mind Control

Win condition 1: Buff Deathlord or Dragonkin Sorcerer to at least 31 attack and kill Nefarian with one single blow, skipping phase 2 and 3 entirely.

Win condition 2: Have Kel'Thuzad and a taunt on the board.

Win condition 3: Use Kel'Thuzad to revive your minions on the turn from phase 2 to 3.

Cheerio,

Bob

Your deck was the easiest way to win this. For those that are doing this for the first time holy champion is almost a perfect sub for dragonkin sorc.

Guest Me

No way this deck works.  Nefarius goes lethal at turn 3.  If I by some miracle make it to turn 3 and drop a Deathlord, it is immediately killed off by spells, then he goes goes face for letal at turn 4.  Whoever built this deck is a retard.  there is no way this deck works.

Normal Mode - used Paly-Murloc deck, got him on the first try

2X Murloc Tinyfin

2X Blessing of Might

2X Humility

2X Grimscale Oracle

2X Murloc Raider

2X Bilefin Tidehunter

2X Bluegill Warrior

2X Murloc Tidehunter

1X Aldor Peacekeeper

1X Coldlight Oracle

2X Truesilver Champion

2X Blessing of Kings

2X Consecration

2X Hammer of Wrath

2X Murloc Knight

2X Anyfin Can Happen

This deck will NEVER work.  I am guessing the person who put this terrible collection of cards together - never played Black Rock.  Do not waste your time with this stinker.

Guest I'm late on quest

I need a new one with the new season to complete it plz :)

35 minutes ago, Guest I'm late on quest said:

I need a new one with the new season to complete it plz :)

Why would you need a new deck/guide for an adventure "with the new season"? Also, the decks and the guide are complete, so I am not sure what should be completed.

Guest lyke

took me a few tries, and it came down to fatigue, and i had to kill him with my hero power, but it worked

barely

Guest Guest
On 5/20/2015 at 11:20 PM, Guest Gridwerk said:

I'm on attempt- no joke- 116 I've been at this for six days using all variations of this recommended deck and the two others and the best I got was to get him to 12. Frankly I can't really feel like this site is anything except meant to troll people who are coming here for advice.

Going on day 2 and nearly 100+ attempts myself.

The recommended basic Mage deck is horrible, I managed to do better with my basic druid deck, but even that isn't capable of beating this boss.

Overall the difficulty scale on this is absurd. I'm relatively new, but already played though League of Explorers and had a relatively easy time outside of Giantfin using pretty basic decks.

The issue for new players, like myself, is that we don't have access to some of the key cards for the 1 hit kill priest deck. Neferian just gets an absurd amount of minions on the board at the start and seems to read your plays.

Everything about this fight seems to revolve around getting the perfect starting hand and initial 5-7 turn draws in order to beat him.