Cheap Nefarian and Onyxia Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
This deck can be used to defeat Nefarian on Heroic mode. It aims to abuse two system mechanics. Firstly, the ability to skip the latter two phases of this fight if you are able to kill Nefarian in one hit while he still has at least one armor, and secondly, an interesting quirk in the boss AI that means they will never attack a Taunt if you have Kel'Thuzad in play.
1. Cheap Nefarian and Onyxia Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 2,800 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
1.1. Mana Curve
The goal of this deck is fairly straightforward, to bypass the 2nd and 3rd phases of the Nefarian fight altogether by dealing more than 30 damage to him in a single turn. To achieve this, the goal is to get a Deathlord or a Lightwell onto the board early and then continue to buff it using cards like Dark Cultist, Temple Enforcer, Power Word: Shield, Velen's Chosen, Divine Spirit, and finally, Inner Fire.
Outside of these combo pieces, the deck plays various cards focused on dealing with Nefarian's Hero Power. Holy Smite and Holy Nova are both able to deal with the 4/2 minions very efficiently, while Mind Control Tech can help to recover the board if Nefarian starts to gain an advantage.
Although the fight can be won without Kel'Thuzad, getting this card into play behind a Deathlord is almost a guaranteed win due to a bug in the AI programming. If Kel'Thuzad is hidden behind a Taunt, the AI will stop attacking altogether, even if they have enough power on board to clear Kel'Thuzad afterward. If you are able to engineer this situation, you essentially have as long as you need to draw all the neccessary cards to buff Deathlord into a 30+ attack minion.
While this is happening, you will want to lower Nefarian to as close to 31 (30 Health + 1 Armour) as possible, without ever removing the last point of armor. Removing his armor entirely will initiate the Onyxia portion of the fight, which can be skipped entirely, along with the board clear that comes after it.
- Meta Report: Saviors of Uldum Week One
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2019 Earnings Call
- We've Upgraded Our Hearthstone Section!
- Saviors of Uldum Day 3: the Best Decks So Far
- Tavern Brawl: The Standard Brawliseum
- We Built a Quest Deck for Every Class in Saviors of Uldum
- Saviors of Uldum is Live Worldwide
- Every New Card from the Saviors of Uldum Reveal Stream
- Taunt Warrior Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Dono's Top 50 Legend
- Token Quest Shaman Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Integer's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Robot Wizard's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Meati's Top 10 Legend
- Combo Priest Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Rolle's Top 20 Legend
- Tempo Rogue Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Tortosh's Top 50 Legend
- Reno Mage Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Apxvoid's Rank 1 Legend
- Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Shuzo's Top 50 Legend