Cheap Nefarian and Onyxia Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
Table of Contents
- 1. About the Author
- +2. Cheap Nefarian and Onyxia Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
- 3. Strategy
This deck can be used to defeat Nefarian on Heroic mode. It aims to abuse two system mechanics. Firstly, the ability to skip the latter two phases of this fight if you are able to kill Nefarian in one hit while he still has at least one armor, and secondly, an interesting quirk in the boss AI that means they will never attack a Taunt if you have Kel'Thuzad in play.
1. About the Author
This deck is presented to you by Sottle, a professional Hearthstone player who plays for compLexity Gaming. Sottle regularly streams on Twitch and explains all of his moves. Watching him is a good opportunity to see how this and other decks play out in practice, and how decisions are made in real time.
2. Cheap Nefarian and Onyxia Priest Deck (Heroic Mode)
Our deck costs 2,800 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
Copy Export String to Clipboard
2.1. Mana Curve
The goal of this deck is fairly straightforward, to bypass the 2nd and 3rd phases of the Nefarian fight altogether by dealing more than 30 damage to him in a single turn. To achieve this, the goal is to get a Deathlord or a Lightwell onto the board early and then continue to buff it using cards like Dark Cultist, Temple Enforcer, Power Word: Shield, Velen's Chosen, Divine Spirit, and finally, Inner Fire.
Outside of these combo pieces, the deck plays various cards focused on dealing with Nefarian's Hero Power. Holy Smite and Holy Nova are both able to deal with the 4/2 minions very efficiently, while Mind Control Tech can help to recover the board if Nefarian starts to gain an advantage.
Although the fight can be won without Kel'Thuzad, getting this card into play behind a Deathlord is almost a guaranteed win due to a bug in the AI programming. If Kel'Thuzad is hidden behind a Taunt, the AI will stop attacking altogether, even if they have enough power on board to clear Kel'Thuzad afterward. If you are able to engineer this situation, you essentially have as long as you need to draw all the neccessary cards to buff Deathlord into a 30+ attack minion.
While this is happening, you will want to lower Nefarian to as close to 31 (30 Health + 1 Armour) as possible, without ever removing the last point of armor. Removing his armor entirely will initiate the Onyxia portion of the fight, which can be skipped entirely, along with the board clear that comes after it.
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Professor Putricide
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Mountainfire Armor and Nerubian Unraveler
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- HoF Discussions
- Cheap Mage Standard
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???