Lotharion 0 Report post Posted February 9, 2015 Revise your Demo opener. You only cast 1 DB each time. Ton of 3 DB cycles when it is really easy to get 4 DBs. Fury issue? Grab some haste from food/gems/chants. Tectus fight is absolute mess. Switch to Cata and watch the uptimes close. Gruul Destro is messy. You are casting whole 4 CBs inbetween your opener DS and first burn phase. You could easily fit your AD DS here. Darmac are wipes, but the Shadowburn/Havoc count is to watch for you. Make it as big as you can. Spasibo Paracel. Fury is indeed a problem for me. Gonna try switch mastery gems and enchants to haste and see if I can make it better. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
spikeysquad 50 Report post Posted February 9, 2015 (edited) Fury issue? Grab some haste from food/gems/chants. Are you quite sure about this? Edited February 9, 2015 by spikeysquad Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Isarqvan 0 Report post Posted February 9, 2015 Paracel,In this link you can change between bosses ( ahh soz, i wanna you if you can to check my heroic fights cuz atm brf i'm on normal and higmaul only 1/7 mythic) but i will give you better fights (on HC):https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bV8NPCtA7HcwJQDa#fight=3&type=damage-done&source=21https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bV8NPCtA7HcwJQDa#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=21https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/L7AhZr1a6gXT4dHy#fight=16&type=damage-done&source=20I know that this is just normal/heroic fights, but can you chceck this if you got free time for that? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted February 9, 2015 Are you quite sure about this? I'm quite sure. He has confirmed he feels like he lacks fury and that's a legal and easy way to adjust something in this field. Paracel, In this link you can change between bosses ( ahh soz, i wanna you if you can to check my heroic fights cuz atm brf i'm on normal and higmaul only 1/7 mythic) but i will give you better fights (on HC): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bV8NPCtA7HcwJQDa#fight=3&type=damage-done&source=21 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bV8NPCtA7HcwJQDa#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=21 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/L7AhZr1a6gXT4dHy#fight=16&type=damage-done&source=20 I know that this is just normal/heroic fights, but can you chceck this if you got free time for that? Those fights are much better. Stay focused on the details and try not to use 3 DB cycles where it is not needed. (A matter of personal preference, though. I stick to 4 DBs and feel fine, 3 DBs may be more useful on very short/high mobility fights). Your performance will get better as you improve mechanically. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
spikeysquad 50 Report post Posted February 10, 2015 (edited) Ok, it may depend on where you raid and what bosses you are fighting but I see that you are already in BRF Lotharian. As we are swimming in fury on many fights due to the multiple targets and adds and because of BL I would suggest that haste is probably one of the worst stats to gem/enchant for especially considering how strong mastery is. Also as you play OS Destro then again haste is blah. I do have 1% more haste than you Lotharian but never have much of a problem with fury though I do have the Shards trinket actually. Are you moving more than you have to? Are you only casting SF in caster? (Unless you cap fury or are using Cata). Are you using HoG as much as you can (though making sure you 2 stack it on the boss)? I'm not much of a logs reader to check all of this. Maybe someone else can clarify and explain better though as Paracel and I have opposite views on gemming for haste and yes I admit I may be wrong. Edited February 10, 2015 by spikeysquad Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
KashmirSlippers 0 Report post Posted February 10, 2015 So... We are making forays into H BRF, and I am disappointed by how I am doing. Namely, I have no idea how I am supposed to do AoE fights, and there are a number of them this raid. We just downed Thogar last night, and I know that I could probably have done at least 5-10k more dps if I wasn't so nervous and knew what I was supposed to do better. I have read the guide on the site, but I am, one, very new at using cataclysm and, two, not very good at hectic fights anyway *cough* Tectus *cough*. Anyway here are the logs for last night's run. If you guys have any tips on how to be better, I would appreciate it. Also, any similarity between what I did and what I was supposed to be doing are coincidence at best. Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kKJBhc8mp3rxL7yq#type=damage-done&source=1 Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Andery/simple I can ask specific questions if you guys would rather that too. Whatever is easiest for you guys. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Just1Number 0 Report post Posted February 17, 2015 Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kKJBhc8mp3rxL7yq#type=damage-done&source=1 Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Andery/simple You should generally try to line up cataclysm with DS and use Chaos Wave only if the adds die fast and wouldn't get a lot of HoG ticks (also try to line up Chaos Wave with DS). That's the little I could see, hope I helped ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Galdall 0 Report post Posted February 17, 2015 (edited) I'm currently Affliction but am considering moving to Demonology. While I get comfortable with Demo I was hoping someone could give me pointers on maximizing my DPS as affliction. Gruul Heroic kill LOG: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rMfAJ8TKvdctayxY#fight=7 Hans & Frans LOG: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fMbjHgFnKkNPR83q/#fight=4 ARMORY: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Galdall/simple Edited February 20, 2015 by Galdall Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Popalong 0 Report post Posted March 4, 2015 Hey J I’m looking for some help with my dps (obviously!!) Armoury:- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/Popalong/advanced Most recent logs:- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FXDKRtx2vhTZQkJr I know I have some glaring errors – sometimes I forget to double pot, one fight I forgot my Doomguard, there are quite a few facepalm moments. I’m never going to be a cutting edge warlock, but I really want to be a reasonable one. The logs from above, I’ve had a look, and I can find a few things that are a bit dodgy… GRUUL – DPS is… adequate. I fluked a decent position because many others died. I’ve done better on Gruul as affliction, but clicked ready before I’d checked my spec OREGORGER: Best effort so far – I just need to learn to keep from under his roly-poly. Uptimes are fairly bad, but I spend a lot of time trying to avoid him when he rolls… and fail most weeks. BEASTLORD DARMAC: I remembered DS, and to pot twice. Remembered Terrorguard. DPS very blah OPERATOR THOGAR: Best effort yet. Forgot Terrorguard. Only pre-potted. These things considered, I’m pretty happy with this boss HANS’GAR & FRANZOK: Only pre-potted. Affl was slightly better last week. Corruption needs waaaaay better uptime. I need to manage Demonbolts more efficiently. Only one pot – I need to get on top of that. FLAMEBENDER KA’GRAZ: Sassy blew me up 37 seconds into the fight. I yelled at her. That’s fixed now :P. The wipe beforehand, I was pretty happy with the way I was going. Uptimes definitely need working on. Only one pot, but it was a wipe, so that doesn’t count. KROMOG: The two wipes before hand, I was REALLY happy with my dps. Then we were told off for blowing up the hands too early. Slowed down Cataclysm, and my dps plummeted. 2 pots (woohoo! Remembered), but it looks like I dropped my Terrorguard way way too late. As I said, there are lots of mistakes in there. I know that. I tend to get a little overwhelmed at times, and forget where I’m up too. However, if anyone could give me some ideas about where else I’m going wrong, I’d really appreciate it! Thank you Pop.. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 4, 2015 @Popalong.First and foremost advice.Revise. Your. UI.Forgetting terrorguards, pots, cooldowns and all that stuff is only you to blame.Make everything reachable and informative. And be God's sake don't mouseclick buttons or something like that. If you are going to bring sword to a swordfight, at least make it sharp.Enough conceptual bashing. Let's go and bash on something certain.1)Gruul. GRUUL – DPS is… adequate. I fluked a decent position because many others died. I’ve done better on Gruul as affliction, but clicked ready before I’d checked my spec "Adequate" is not a word you would want to use, talking 28k dps in 680 gear.Get rid of that DS glyph, it makes no sense for DemServ build. Especially when you have cOPeland's Clarity.You should use GoServ DG button, DS and CC in conjunction for maximum pew-pew.Your singletarget HoG usage is also off the charts. You do not stack DoTs at all, and it is very important part of gameplay.90% corruption isn't good, too. 2)Oregorger.A chaotic fight with a lot of movement. Demo is much better that Aff, as you can fight boxes easily, have more mobility, more damage not tied to you and take more damage.Your actual DPS log isn't worth much attention IMO, given the nature of fight. Sorry.3)DarmacSame stuff because of glyph.Also uptimes make me cry a little inside.Just DoT everything and Chaoswave dem adds.4)Thogar.Meh uptimes.AoE fights are really not readable from logs. It's easy to tell when you lose dps by seeing actual gameplay, not logs.Be careful with Cata aim and hold it for adds train.5)HansFransDB is a bit suboptimal talent for this fight, at least for now.DemServ can handle this movement much better.As i can see from your log, all your DB cycles were messy, starting from opening one that you not really did right.And bad HoG stacking.6)KaGraz Avoid dying if somebody is slacking in your fights.7)Kromog.As you've stated TG went off really late.Mash him when you see Bloodlust. That's it.Same issues with HoG.TL;DR1)Make clean UI2)Get rid of glyph for DemServ3)Learn how to use HoG properlyHope that helps.Good luck! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
kingjaraxxus 0 Report post Posted March 4, 2015 Hello Hello, Long time creeper first time poster. A few questions about how I feel about my dps. I take a look at the simulation craft results for warlocks with the same gear as me and I am doing a bit less than the simulationcraft results say. Usually down just a few hundred dps to 1k. Not too bad. The problem comes when I compare myself with results of people actually raiding and I am not even close to other warlocks with similar iLevels. I see on some fights i get the same amount of Demobolts as other warlocks but the damage they are doing are miles ahead sometimes 12k more. The Gruul Heroic fight for instance. I saved my logs of our attempts last night. Any suggestions how to improve my demobolt usage or get more dps compared to simcraft would be awesome. Thanks. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WZ4kCXG3farMxFzy#type=damage-done&source=15 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Popalong 0 Report post Posted March 4, 2015 Thank you for all that Parucel!! I really appreciate it Looks like this week will be spent in LFR Will sort out my UI when I get home from work. I know these things are my fault, I just get a bit overwhelmed an muddled up!! Thank you again Pop.. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roonzig 0 Report post Posted March 4, 2015 So gents, I've finally joined here to post my log as I am hitting a wall. I have tried many things to up my ante so to say, but I still seem to fall behind our guilds affliction warlock by well, a lot. And in general being very low on dps and I do not know what to do any more. All help is welcome, highly so even. The log for the nights heroic pulls: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LXfhQdmw1vpMk4az#type=damage-done&boss=-2 The Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Roonzig/simple Again, thank you for any and all possible help. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 5, 2015 (edited) @kingjaraxxusA lot of DPS things in DB gameplay are defined by simple RNG factor. Have procs,will pew, I'd say.It can fetch some good fights and it can not.https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/H3WMRhkTVLpb6xzG#fight=11&type=damage-done&source=8&translate=trueMy recent Gruul fight. Nothing stellar in terms of performance, however, it is enough for an example.Your DB crit count is low(disturbingly low) but 5% between us is not really much. My DBs are almost 15k more damage on average.Why? I can see a couple of reasons.1)I got full cycle buffed with a 2nd pot. You did not. Don't forget it for no reason.2)You've messed some with your 2nd cycle of given fight. Petryfing can be disturbing, yeah, but it can be beneficial to hold your cycle a bit in that case.3)Almost every single cycle of mine was buffed with GoSyn, ring and weapon ench. That's RNG I'm talking about.Keep focus on pure mechanical DB play. RNG will be favouring you sooner or later. Pre-emptivly answering a question that can follow. No, there is no real point in holding your 4 DB cycles in order to wait for procs. You will lose a lot of CDs out there. You kinda can do it with 3 DBs cycle, but it's really unfavorable - you do not really know when proc will come. It's more convienient for me to do controlable stuff and pray for RNG rather than do stuff based on RNG.@RoonzigDon't really know what to tell you.I've got a feeling that your Molten Core usage is a bit off - generally you'd want to spend them in Meta - but then I checked our guild logs. My guildie was doing OK with spamming much of ToC, having high crit chance on his items. It's not really the issue. I do not claim, however, that I posses any real SimCraft data about crit influence on ToC or when ToC outscales SF or something like that. My assumption is that SF wins because it scales better from Mastery and procs. GoServ messed a bit here and there, syncronizing bad with DS.And yeah, mash some Chaos Waves where it matters - especially on Darmac and Hans/Franz. Can make you a big deal. P.S. Don't chase your guildie Aff - it is decent spec and he is performing really good. Edited March 5, 2015 by Paracel Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roonzig 0 Report post Posted March 5, 2015 Thank you for the tip, I'll try and keep myself more into MC:ing in demonform rather than otherwise. Every little bit is truly appreciated on tips. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
kingjaraxxus 0 Report post Posted March 5, 2015 Thanks for the quick reply. In comparison of our crit chance. You have only 3% more than I do but I have 3% more mastery than you do. Are there diminishing returns for stacking mastery? Are there soft caps where I should be moving into Crit or perhaps even into Multistrike? Also thanks for the tip about petrifying lol. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted March 5, 2015 No to the above regarding stats. Just stack Mastery and try to balance the rest. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Daealdric 0 Report post Posted March 5, 2015 Hello all! Just looking for some advice about my dps (duh, I hear you all saying) :P Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Daealdric/simple (be advised, I use GoServ in raid) Warcraft logs from first night of heroic BRF: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yC4GmjgNfMdJBYwQ Typicaly my opening is prepot, Shards Trinket, precast soulfire, Hand of Guldan, corruption, Dark soul, GoServ: Doomlord, Hand of Guldan, Meta, doom. During the fight I try to keep Dots up (obviously need more work there), and cast shadowbolt to generate fury, meta:soulburn with darksoul if possible, and Touch of chaos as needed. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kopaku 0 Report post Posted March 5, 2015 (edited) Hello - I'm fairly new to wow and was hoping to get some feedback on my lock and where I could be improving. I know my immolate up time is pretty crummy and I'm struggling with movement based fights (any tips?). Also, I had been stacking crit on gems/enchants but now I've been hearing that locks are switching to a mastery build. Would I see a dps improvement if I switched to mastery? Also....I do have the 670 Shards of Nothing trinket.....but I wasn't sure how to integrate it into my rotation or if I should stick with trinkets I have. Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rwpMFRLv1yCcX8Nq#type=summary&fight=1 Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fizzcrank/Kopaku/simple Thank you for taking the time to look at this! Edited March 5, 2015 by Kopaku Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 6, 2015 Hello all! Just looking for some advice about my dps (duh, I hear you all saying) Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Daealdric/simple (be advised, I use GoServ in raid) Warcraft logs from first night of heroic BRF: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yC4GmjgNfMdJBYwQ Typicaly my opening is prepot, Shards Trinket, precast soulfire, Hand of Guldan, corruption, Dark soul, GoServ: Doomlord, Hand of Guldan, Meta, doom. During the fight I try to keep Dots up (obviously need more work there), and cast shadowbolt to generate fury, meta:soulburn with darksoul if possible, and Touch of chaos as needed. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Opener you've wrote is a bit wrong IMO. You cast no real spell besides HoG for damage, essentially wasting your prepot cooldown. It is also very important for DF generation as you are going into Meta having your buffs - and not the resource to spend. My opener is something like that - Prepot/precast SF>HoG>Corruption>Shadowbolt>HoG>Meta and pack punches. There is a space inbetween HoGs for 1 Shadowbolt and 1 more GCD. That's the approximate math. Hello - I'm fairly new to wow and was hoping to get some feedback on my lock and where I could be improving. I know my immolate up time is pretty crummy and I'm struggling with movement based fights (any tips?). Also, I had been stacking crit on gems/enchants but now I've been hearing that locks are switching to a mastery build. Would I see a dps improvement if I switched to mastery? Also....I do have the 670 Shards of Nothing trinket.....but I wasn't sure how to integrate it into my rotation or if I should stick with trinkets I have. Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rwpMFRLv1yCcX8Nq#type=summary&fight=1 Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fizzcrank/Kopaku/simple Thank you for taking the time to look at this! You're lacking Immo uptime, as you've stated yourself. Also there is a thing about your proc syncronization. You should use your DS cooldown in conjunction with Nightmare Fire proc. Your 2nd pot also is off charts. Use all damage buffs together, not separately. And Havocs. Not enough of them. A ridiculously small amount on Hans/Frans - and they are 2 targets straight. - and Darmac which is a bunch of adds to cleave on. Read around. Destro guide thread and overall discussions have touched Destro from all your issues. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Daealdric 0 Report post Posted March 6, 2015 Whoops, did I not mention the shadowbolt in there? Well, I do normally include it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
spikeysquad 50 Report post Posted March 6, 2015 Kopaku, I don't read logs much so perhaps none of this is useful and I haven't played Destro for ages but let me share some of what helped me with the movement back on Imperator in Highmaul. So for Conflag I do not cast it until about 3-5 seconds or less (depending on what else is happening) to the second stack. Then if I have to move I almost have 2 back to back or just save the second for later. Be aware though you do not want to sit on the 2 stack so be careful if there is something like a Disrupting Roar coming up and be aware of boss timings. I have no idea if it is worth it but KJC was advised on Imp. So with the severely reduced cool down on a longish fight with a lot of movement you may want to consider it over AD. I don't really know when it gets better but I'm sure someone else much more in touch with numbers will know. Another thing in general to be aware of is basically knowing where/when do you have to move to so know the fights in depth, watch timings etc. For sidesteps you have the Conflag(s) but say for longer movement if you have to be somewhere in the next 20 seconds start making your way in advance if possible. Consider use of your personal portal though have to say I am rather bad at this still. Have you considered changing to a more mobile spec? Though actually as you are still learning one spec then changing to another at this point in time will probably be detrimental so ignore this for now. Keep trying and the hard work does pay off. Like Paracel mentioned use your Havoc though (and don't forget Shadowburns!). This is such a powerful spell and you can pre cast this before any adds are up so the cooldown starts again and you can fit more in over the course of a boss fight. Good luck! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
echobok 0 Report post Posted March 8, 2015 Much like the others looking for some advice on improving dps. Any help is much appreciated: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/X4LdxjMNJ63HP1mv/#boss=-2 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Omen/simple Thanks. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 8, 2015 Much like the others looking for some advice on improving dps. Any help is much appreciated: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/X4LdxjMNJ63HP1mv/#boss=-2 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Omen/simple Thanks. I'd say you can improve HoG weaving and use less soulfire outside of Metamorphosis. Kargath 2nd pot was not it place. Syncronize your buffs together. LFR fights are a bit short and provide less data than you'd want compared to real fights. DemServ is really good in terms of sustained DPS and not 2 minute fights. That's just my opinion. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
razeria 0 Report post Posted March 8, 2015 (edited) So, normally my guild goes brf hc, today was nh. Im pretty new to demo and my dps is not that high. it would be nice, if you could look through my logs (look for razeria) and tell me on wich parts i can improve my playstyle. some generel tips would be nice and some in-depth-analys for blast furnace. -> armory ps: sorry for that bad english Edited March 9, 2015 by razeria Share this post Link to post Share on other sites