FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

The Help My DPS Thread

wow, thanks a lot, that was a very detailed bashing.

I know that he should really respec into demon, but he needs a bit of confidence (and skill) in his confort spec before switching.

Descarga del Caos is CB indeed.

Here are today's logs. He did even worse. (had no time to tell him your advice before raid started).  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LrT6V4Bh91f3dPwJ#type=casts&source=11 you can check them if you wish, but I'm starting to see a trend here.

what would the best build for these bosses be? the other lock suggests going DemServ, while most guides suggest goSac-CR. It's a bit confusing.

Besides, should he be gemming/enchanting mastery or crit? I've seen in some guides mastery being the best stat and some other guides saying mastery is the worst stat.

Thanks for all your time and kind bashing. Unfortunately it'll be hard for him to come as he doesn't speak english, so you'll have to deal with the disc guy instead. I'm translating him everything, tho.

Could someone also check over my Gruul fight please? I am also doing rather poorly on ST as our fight time is pretty short and not really sure why. My main issues that I know of are

1. Not giving enough respect to the Legendary Ring buff when it is up to dump fury instead of anything else.

2. Still not quite "getting" Demserv in fury timings etc but that hopefully will improve in time.

3. A dodgy opener with HoG like 3 seconds apart as yesterday I unmacroed Go Serv so my opener and pre-DS phases are totally off.  Ideally I am following the one that Soulzar recently posted (just need to learn to get the habit/muscle memory) so do not look too much at that as it is a work in progress. Dummy time incomming.

4.I also seem to have a lot of SB casts but not sure that is because of bad MC procs and no extra tier HoG or something else.

What else am I failing on? Many thanks

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aszune/Spikeyshard/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JDtWbYZMckRV9Npm#fight=26&type=damage-done&source=9

P.S. If anyone else has Go Serv macroed with DS etc undo it and try seperate. It makes makes it smoother and saves casting time.

Edited by spikeysquad

@spikeysquad

You've messed your opener quite hard out there. No double DoT stacking and you've spend in Meta like 5 seconds or so.

Using GoServ and DS on separate buttons didn't work quite well - they are a bit of the radar.
Macro is just fine. Don't mess around and play it safe.

You've said the rest. Pay respects to the ring proc and get dat 4pc tier, even from normal. It's insane how much you will get either from ST or AoE fights.

@Angi
The go-to build for Destro is now Charred Remains + Grimoure of Sacrifice. It mediocre in ST scenarios but provides a decent AoE plus cleave potental on top of sweet burst. However movement hurts it a lot.

Rest of the fights are having pretty much the same problems - no Shadowburns, not enough Havocs because of glyph, questionable buff and Terrorguard usage.
I really forgot to look at his opener yesterday. It is really bad - he is precasting CB with precasting DS and this is not an option.
For CR build, I assume the opener would be something like building embers up untill 15-12 seconds of pot left, use DS(glyphed) and cast those CBs.

Gem mastery for CR. It is also awesome for every other spec.

offtopic - it was almost depressing for me to see performance like this on a kill I'm trying to progress - Iron Maidens.
It's hard to raid when there is nobody to carry you.

Edited by Paracel
  • Like 1

Hey Paracel,

Thanks for taking the time to look and reply. Yeah bad opener but I think my first HoG was casted pre-combat logging as I did actually get a 2 stack according to the debuffs tab but just like I said there was like only 3 seconds between them. 

00:00:03.976 Gruul is afflicted by Hand of Gul'dan (2) from Spikeyshard

Ah, I think I will continue without Go Serv in the macro (at least on unimportant fights). Yeah it may (will) mess up my head and dps a bit (I don't think a little change 4 times a fight does that much really) but in the long run it has to be a positive change. Just for me I learn things really slowly it seems so even with dummy work and raiding it will take quite a while! 

It is just difficult sometimes; I am trying so hard to improve but not really seeming to get anywhere. With better gear and a lot of weeks I am still under my old DB amounts. I suppose it doesn't help to be raiding with people more geared and with tier and getting beat quite significantly on every fight. Then personally not really seem to be improving week by week and I can't blame RNG al the time! I should keep farming the tier though, eventually I may get some (I do have one piece)! 

Ok rant over. Thanks again and good luck in your struggles too Paracel! You do help a lot of people here. 

Don't you raid Normal Mode? We've clearing it each Thursday, when raid cooldown is off, in order to get our tier pieces and trinkets.

It's just the power of warlock tier now - get 4 normal pieces and you'll see an increase even over your HC WF pieces.
2 piece is giving me 1k+ of raw DPS.
4 piece is priceless, given the amount of HoGs/CWs I get.

Looking through the rest of your logs, I've compared your Hans&Frans to mine last night.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9NkhmpqFfn6YzTyJ#type=damage-done&translate=true&fight=21&source=4
Whooping 40k against yours 33k. Close gear but I have 4 piece.
Same fight length and I get more HoGs than you on top of 11 CWs with 17 hits and average damage of 62k.
Sounds nice, huh?biggrin.png

I've also seen some of your Kromog fights.
There is one in my log link - where I play Cata.
I was unable to beat Balance Druid, however finished close with a decent gap.
CWs and decent Cata aim - 19 hits with 3 casts - were the MVPs for me.

This is a very healer-dependant fight. Be careful with your raid saves, tell your Unholy DK to get rid of Defile and use Necrotic Plague instead. I totally ensure his profane OPness on this fight.
If you won't be able to reach any sucsess with Kromog, I'd recommed you to go Normal for tier pieces. This is an actual gear check boss. Maidens, Furnace and Blackhand are even further difficult.

Technically from this week we shouldn't be doing normal mode as a guild any more. We only raid 2 nights a week so time is limited. I have 30 kills in total on normal and heroic tier bosses yet I only have one piece (though I am sure some of them I would have been loot locked but probably still coining). It just appears that the Pala/Priest/Lock is uncommon but then I am sure that everyone says that about their own group! But yes it sounds good though in H&F the tier isn't the only thing pushing you ahead, you did play better especially with DoT Uptimes not to mention all the indepth stuff. Our bl was at 3 minutes or something silly as well as it was forgotten about hah so maybe that would have made me a bit better. At least we both lived :D but yeah I should be way ahead of the Destro lock :s and I'm not.

Yeah Kromog is progress for us. We only got to past first hand phase before tanks exploded. The hands seem to die quite quick though so I am considering DemServ as we may have a Boomy next raid too. The first Cata seems to come up about 10 seconds after first hands then hands come again like 1:45 minutes later or something? Timings don't fit well for Cata. Then then next question is should I glyph DS (if going Cata)?

Just to check for hands it's Cata in Caster then CW(s) in Meta? As I don't think they are alive long enough to benefit from full HoG. Ah well sorry this thread kinda went off the original topic but thanks for the asssistance. Will have a proper look at your log later to see how you win Paracel :) to prepare for Sunday. I believe we are 3 tanking then as well. 

Cata in Meta with CWs, buffed by glyphed DS.

There is a feint about using Cata in opening, but timings are tight.
I've tried it a couple of times - casting withing Meta didn't gave me the result. It was like 10 seconds on CD when hands appeared.
Then I switched to pre-casting it at 2 seconds pull. It was pretty much in time - but once again, very-very tight timing.

Right now i just don't bother with it and hold Cata for hands specifically. yeah, you can't see yourself in the chart before hands, but then you're just boom - top those meters.

3 tank strat is unknown to me.

I believe tanks are dying due to lack of their CD management and healing being not enough - you are hitting a lot of spheres, probably.

At least that's what been to our tanks. Once they've been doing their stuffs right and sharing Kromog slam properly, we were OK.

Quick question about Trinkets

I have Mythic Shard Of Nothing, Mythic Quiescent Runestone and Heroic Darmac's Unstable Talisman on hand. 

I normally just use QR and DUT since that's how Ask Mr Robot ranks them, but would it be worth swapping QR to SoN when using Serv/Serv?

If so, once I get Goren Soul Repository or Blackiron Micro Crucible, would I stop doing this?

Thanks!

Quick question about Trinkets

I have Mythic Shard Of Nothing, Mythic Quiescent Runestone and Heroic Darmac's Unstable Talisman on hand. 

I normally just use QR and DUT since that's how Ask Mr Robot ranks them, but would it be worth swapping QR to SoN when using Serv/Serv?

If so, once I get Goren Soul Repository or Blackiron Micro Crucible, would I stop doing this?

Thanks!

Mythic SoN is cool for Serv/Serv.

In comparision to BRF trinkets, however, both SoN and QR lose hard.

GSR/BMC will be your choice along with DUT when you'll get them.

DUT is really big question for me now. I don't really know why it is simmed that good, but Liquid has said earlier that it's not really a performance window for yours MC procs.

Having mythic QR and hc DUT at my hand, I really agree with this. DUT is more about it's passive Int and usual casts buffed. It doesn't give you any real damage (talking about all that "limited resources of MC x damage buffs" playstyle design).

Hi there!  I am a 680 demo warlock in need of advice.  I seem to be having some issues with DPS.  I recently came back to WoW after being gone since Ulduar, and the main issue I seem to be having(other than inexperience with fights/positioning) is the uptime of DoTs.  I tend to either have them accidentally fall off, or jump the gun and recast them too early.  While those are issues I know I can fix myself, I was wondering if there was anything else glaring someone can see in my logs for a single target fight and multi-target fight in heroic BRF.  As such I have included my most recent logs from Gruul and Darmac to see if there is anything else I can improve other than having more experience.  Thanks in advance, and please tell me I am an idiot and doing something majorly wrong.

Armory: 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Zagmoth/simple

Logs:

Rankings:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/6950677/latest#boss=0

Gruul: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/z49yhcV1fmaRBvwx#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=7

Darmac:  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/z49yhcV1fmaRBvwx#fight=12&type=damage-done&source=7

Hi there!  I am a 680 demo warlock in need of advice.  I seem to be having some issues with DPS.  I recently came back to WoW after being gone since Ulduar, and the main issue I seem to be having(other than inexperience with fights/positioning) is the uptime of DoTs.  I tend to either have them accidentally fall off, or jump the gun and recast them too early.  While those are issues I know I can fix myself, I was wondering if there was anything else glaring someone can see in my logs for a single target fight and multi-target fight in heroic BRF.  As such I have included my most recent logs from Gruul and Darmac to see if there is anything else I can improve other than having more experience.  Thanks in advance, and please tell me I am an idiot and doing something majorly wrong.

Armory: 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Zagmoth/simple

Logs:

Rankings:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/6950677/latest#boss=0

Gruul: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/z49yhcV1fmaRBvwx#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=7

Darmac:  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/z49yhcV1fmaRBvwx#fight=12&type=damage-done&source=7

Gruul - your first Meta is very far from your first DS. Revise your opener.

MC soulfire count can be higher as well as there is too much CWs - 5 for singletarget.

Darmac - less Felstorm usages than expected. Make extensive use of Chaos Waves buffed by glyphed DS as well as spear DoTing.

Comparing it to my very own log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9NkhmpqFfn6YzTyJ#fight=10&type=damage-done&translate=trueto be exact (same length, close gear, 54k from me) I can see that I pull ahead in 3 things -

1)I got 1 Cata and 6 CWs more. Your HoG count, however, is covering that gap.

2)My CWs are 14k average more than yours - with lesser crit amount. Reverse thing is for Catas they are ~20k bigger but with bigger crit count (pure RNG for Catas, I guess)

Where did my damage come from?

That's an easy question - Dark Soul glyph. 8 casts in 7 minutes compared to yours 5 gave me more buffed CWs and Catas - eventually giving me a nice parse.

Flamebender

Corruption uptime is low. Doom uptime is okay, but there's room for improvement for both (I believe the goal is above 95%).

You took Cata but only cast it 4 times over a six minute fight. Also, every cast only hit one target, so you would've been better off with Serv/Serv build. Cata is great if you can line it up with wolf phases. If you glyph DS, you probably need to line Cata up with DS every time, otherwise I wouldn't glyph it and use the extra time for more SFs/ToCs on the boss.

You forgot your 2nd pot.

I'm not certain on the Cata opener, but I believe with lust/hero/time warp on pull it's something like:

Pre-pot/Precast SB or SF/Summon DG->->HoG->Corruption->SB->HoG->Meta/DS->Cata(applies Doom)->SD with MC procs->ToC until out of fury->build phase, whereas it looks like you opened with Cataclysm and then used DS.

Hopefully someone a bit more versed with the lust on pull strat and/or glyphed DS playstyle can offer some advice on this.

Kromog

Corruption uptime is better here, but could still be brought up more.

Looks like you lined up Cata with hands. Once again this seems like a situation where unglyphed DS would be preferred if you're going to hold off on Cata for specific points of the fight.

You didn'the use a single Chaos Wave. This makes sense if the hands are dying too fast, but otherwise that's a TON of damage that you're missing out on.

If your raid isn't opening with lust, save your doomguard for lust or the last minute of the fight. DG benefits quite a bit from lust and does extra damage to targets under 20% health. Though it could be argued that it's safer to use on pull to guarantee you get full use and trinket buffs could potentially outweigh the execute bonus. However, save him for luster if you know it's coming at a particular point of the fight.

Lastly, I'm not sure why SF is showing up twice on your damaging abilities list. If it's because you're casting it without MC procs, then you shouldn'the be doing that.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken with any of these points. Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

@HeadBeeGuy
Regarding your question about SF showing up twice, it's because they do different damage while in Meta and outside of Meta.
You are still on point, though - amount of MC procs spent outside of Meta should be minimized.

Nice and correct feedback.

@Jimlock11

Chaos Wave is a real powerhouse with Cata. You don't have 4pc bonus, though, and you will be lacking them hard. Get it ASAP, even from Normal difficulty.
Cata build on Flamebender is advised for Mythic, as there is 4 wolves out there and raid works with bigger coordination.
Do not bother with this unstable strat on N/HC and use your comfort singletarget build - either DB or Serv/Serv. Hold some bursts for wolves, if you can.

I thought I knew the answer to this, but now can't remember my justification for it. Here's the question: 

"If the add/targets are going to die in a short time such that Doom will not tick, should one cast Cata in caster or demon form?"

I've been doing it in demon form because I'm sure that's what I've read here, for example,  a few posts above me. But why is that? Is it because the burst dmg in demon form is higher than the added dmg from corruption ticks? What if for whatever reason one didn't have DS to use with it? Still demon form or caster?

Edit 2: checked it directly in-game.
Cata does same damage in Demon form and in Caster form.
Same goes for DS buff - it buffs your total damage regardless of you being Caster or Demon.

Edited by Paracel

You cast it in Caster form then switch to Demon form and start spamming Chaos Waves. The Corruption's you applied with Cata may also proc 4 pc.

k i have questions:

1.- if isnt worth it use DS before cata it will be better to doom the target at the beggining rotation for 5 seconds and then pop DS(glyphed)so Doom ticks will be buffed, if the adds will last like 15 seconds, example: the beggining of auchindoun challenge

2.- if i have 2 procs or 3 (ring,weapon,synergy), should i go meta and cast SF or TOC and maybe CW if i have BMC trinket in the last seconds until procs end, then go to normal rotation? saying that i already used DS in last min and have to wait for serv CD or Cata build

3.-it is worth it use CW in single target fights while DS is up or just cast SF and TOC 

i'll upload my logs and sorry for my bad english. Thanks in advance

k i have questions:

1.- if isnt worth it use DS before cata it will be better to doom the target at the beggining rotation for 5 seconds and then pop DS(glyphed)so Doom ticks will be buffed, if the adds will last like 15 seconds, example: the beggining of auchindoun challenge

2.- if i have 2 procs or 3 (ring,weapon,synergy), should i go meta and cast SF or TOC and maybe CW if i have BMC trinket in the last seconds until procs end, then go to normal rotation? saying that i already used DS in last min and have to wait for serv CD or Cata build

3.-it is worth it use CW in single target fights while DS is up or just cast SF and TOC 

i'll upload my logs and sorry for my bad english. Thanks in advance

1. Billion of GCDs and Fury spent for direct Dooming stuff while your Cata is applying those. Certainly not worth for me.

2. Yes, that's what you usually should do. However it really depends on your current state - if DF/MC count is low and DS cooldown is soon, avoid that.

3. Discussion around has shown the answer - no it isn't. Less CWs = more HoGs = more MC procs and nice DoT damage.

Nicros, on normal I personally had very similar dps with both specs though depending on how much I had to move. Personally I found Demonic Leap invaluable for both the marks and the push backs in phase 3. Perhaps you are a better positioner than I am though.

It seems like your logs are set to private at the moment. 

Aff makes little sense, especially on Blackhand. All that chaotic movement and tank switch can be painful, unlike for Demo - it has both Leap and 40% Pet damage, no issues with switching and even DB may come handy, given the needs of raid.

All the Aff players are using SB Haunt everywhere, and I'm strongly opposing it when it's not multi-target fight. Your mobility is hurt by a wide margin and you can't really capitilaize on that multidot - talking Blackhand specifically.

Hans/Frans or Maidens is other and sure choice, and even Flamebender - but for pure single target and Blackhand I can call it questionable.