GabrielIderiha 0 Report post Posted March 15, 2015 (edited) Don't really have much time to make analysis, but there is some simple points: Your Kromog fight. Let's compare it to my recent Kromog (normal, although it makes little difference.) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FdrDv2AMQb6jqYm3#fight=20&type=damage-done&translate=true&source=8 Amount of mine pew-pew per second is significantly bigger. Why? First of all - Cataclysm aim. I got 18 hits with 2 casts compared to yours 14 hits with whooping 4 casts. Second - my 2nd chart is Chaos Wave, with 6 casts and 20 hits. You only casted 2 Chaos Waves, and they are essential part of Cata AoE(probably even more OP than Cata itself) Third - and the main difference - that I use glyph of DarkSoul. It lines up with Cata perfectly, allowing you to have some OP burst for hands. Pretty much all your Catas went unbuffed, and you've lost a ton of DPS. General rule of thumb on Kromog is that AoE does not stack. If you feel that hands are dying too fast - so fast you can't even land a good Cata and Chaos Waves - then switch to single-target build and tunnel the boss. DemServ still have a great deal of AoE with ChaosWaves. And yeah, why on earth would you want Cata on Gruul? Edit: got some time to look through your other logs on that run where you featured Kromog. HansFrans was fine, awesome uptime of SB Haunt. However, your regular Haunt uptime is a bit weak, which is not desirable. Flamebender is Cata fight with the same issue - some Catas were unbuffed. DS glyph is a choice for Cata build. Your HoG uptime could also use some love. Darmac - perfect example of the fact that Catas do not stack. Your 6 casts only made 24 hits - meaning each Cata was hitting only 4 targets. Other warlock made 33 hits with 5 casts - see the dynamic? DemServ boss tunnel would be a choice of mine, with extensive use of DoTs and Chaos Waves. Oregorger - once again, Cata on ST fight? Makes little sense. Thogar - showing your lack of Cata mechanics once again, like on Darmac. Either be better with your Cata aim/timing and cast more Chaos Waves or switch to tunneling the boss. Your Combat, Fire, Unholy and ton of Hunters are handling adds nice without actually losing any DPS from talent choice, like you do. Good luck. Thanks a lot Paracel!! I am using Cata on single targets fights due to a guide (which i cant find right now :/) that said that after the Demon Bolt nerf it was lost its power so even in ST fights Cata would be better... seems that it was wrong or I missread something.... Something thats not clear to me yet is when to use Hand of Guldan and when to use Chaos Wave... Whend should I use one or the other? Gonna work on lining Dark Soul with Cata and Demon Bolt!! Again, thanks a lot =) Edited March 15, 2015 by GabrielIderiha Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 15, 2015 (edited) Thanks a lot Paracel!! I am using Cata on single targets fights due to a guide (which i cant find right now :/) that said that after the Demon Bolt nerf it was lost its power so even in ST fights Cata would be better... seems that it was wrong or I missread something.... Something thats not clear to me yet is when to use Hand of Guldan and when to use Chaos Wave... Whend should I use one or the other? Gonna work on lining Dark Soul with Cata and Demon Bolt!! Again, thanks a lot =) CW is stronger with AoE scenarios and good with procs. HoG is better if you don't have much targets or damage buffs. It's very important to stack DoTs, though. Personally, I try to CW everything that moves around and consists of 3+targets. Benefits of 4 tier piece... Talking Demonbolt, it's very close to DemServ in terms of DPS. Harder to maximize/more reliant on lucky RNG procs, but good burst and overall numbers are still out there. Edited March 15, 2015 by Paracel Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GabrielIderiha 0 Report post Posted March 15, 2015 CW is stronger with AoE scenarios and good with procs. HoG is better if you don't have much targets or damage buffs. It's very important to stack DoTs, though. Personally, I try to CW everything that moves around and consists of 3+targets. Benefits of 4 tier piece... Talking Demonbolt, it's very close to DemServ in terms of DPS. Harder to maximize/more reliant on lucky RNG procs, but good burst and overall numbers are still out there. Noted! Gonna improve those CW! Unfortunately I still have no bonus pieces... Sometimes I believe that there are no set tokens for warlocks :3 Again, thank you very much Paracel =) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
atomics 0 Report post Posted March 16, 2015 (edited) removed Edited March 27, 2015 by atomics Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
atomics 0 Report post Posted March 16, 2015 (edited) removed Edited March 27, 2015 by atomics Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mikedawg 4 Report post Posted March 16, 2015 Atomics, as far as I know, Charred Remains + Grimsac is the new optimal spec for Destruction. It looks like you line your procs up extremely well, so you definitely know what you're doing. Try out the new spec and post some more logs, let us know how it goes. CR+Grimsac is a million times better for Thogar, too, with the AOE chaos bolts and insane ember generation. Demo is technically better, but I like the consistency and priority target damage that comes with Destro. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 16, 2015 @atomics directly going on your questions: 1)Optimal way of CB usage is buffing it with everything you have at hand. Stack buffs like Dark Soul, Sudden Clarity and Sandman's proc. Your buff stacking is fine, although it's usage is totally crap, as i can see from your Butcher log.It's the reason for "hovering at 3.5 embers" - so you can always dump 4 CB in your Dark Soul. Havoc is used essentially for 2 purposes - cleave and snipe.Cleaving is easy - just press on cooldown and don't really bother. Getting double CBs is cool. Getting double Incies is cool. Getting 6 Shadowburns out of 3 embers is awesome.Sniping is what really pulls you ahead. It works like this - you Havoc the main target(usually boss) and hit big red Shadowburn button targeting low hp adds. Damage doubled, embers gained, respects paid. However, not every fight is featuring this mechanic. No adds fight is generally bad for Destro because of this, and this technique is somewhat lacks when there is a lot of adds. Perfect example of good sniping fight is Bracken with it's plants, Imp with elementals, KaGraz wolves. Not a lot of high-priority adds with decent HP. 2)You're pretty much saying it - you shouldn't be spending embers outside of your buff phases. Although it is required in order not to reach embers overcap. Rest of what you do is a ton of Incies/Conflags. About procs happening earlier - that's either Sandman which you should be tracking hard as it 115 ICD trinket of small RPPM trinkets that worth little of your attention - Dark Soul is more important. You have Sandman, so your play should be revolving around it - you rather do not use your DS on cooldown, as advised, but wait for proc to occur. 3) Your embers are too precious in DemServ build to do so. Try to cast as less as you can outside of buffs windows. Read around. Ton of things you ask are explained somewhere here (maybe even by me)Also, one thing. @Mikedawg mentioned that GoSac is best choice for Destro now. I do not assume that "change spec" is the answer to question "how do I damage more" However, Destro right now really lack strength and pretty hard to use efficiently, especially in BRF. Maybe it's just me being noob and having no way around with CR, but I can't really see neither niche nor DPS increase for Destro over everything else. Especially DemServ Destro. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Waysar 0 Report post Posted March 17, 2015 Hey guys. So i did killed flamebender and Gruul for the first time this Sunday (yay 2 new bosses in one night :D) On Gruul i played demo with Dserv+service and for some reason i feel like i should be pulling a bit more then i am with my ilvl. Im 689 ilvl and see people at my gear lvl nearly do more 2M more dmg in total and upto 9k more dps on Gruul. So my question is; is there any of you that can help me out with what im doing wrong? is it rotation or is it just simply bad RNG luck? This is the logs for the night https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mh4tnGK7WLvVk1yq#type=damage-done And this is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Madvas/advancedKeep in mind on the kill i had the HC version of the staff. If you got the time your welcome to look over my Flamebender kill aswell to see if there is anything there :) Thanks in advance -Madvas/Waysar Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
HeadBeeGuy 11 Report post Posted March 17, 2015 (edited) @Waysar I'm not great at reading logs, but it looks like you are executing quite well. The only thing that really jumped out at me was the fact that you glyphed DS, which you shouldn't be doing for Serv/Serv. Had good potion usage with the 2nd pot at the end of the fight to increase double doomguard goodness. 97% and 99% Doom and Corruption uptimes, respectively. 32 HoG/CW uses over 6min 15sec (Don't know that I'd ever CW on Gruul, though). Edit: I suppose you could have gotten another half of a cycle of DS/Grim:DG at the very end of the fight as well. 2nd edit: Actually, you died at 6:05 so I guess edit 1 is a bit of a moot point. Edited March 17, 2015 by HeadBeeGuy Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Waysar 0 Report post Posted March 17, 2015 @ Headbeeguy Thanks a lot man ill keep that in mind for the next time :) yeah i died at the first AoE slice after he enraged sadly :/ but we got the kill. if there is any1 else that got any feedback please feel free to post them :) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted March 17, 2015 What stands out to me are two things; Glyph of Dark Soul (pretty big DPS loss considering you have the Service: Doomguard), but also your Soul Fire usage in Metamorphosis. You didn't really line up your Soul Fires that well under Dark Soul and Crit procs. You definitely had quite a lot which weren't buffed by DS. With the Glyph, you really should have been entering Meta and chunking out 5 Soul Fires back to back each time. But yeah, don't use the glyph with that build. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
mindthegap5 0 Report post Posted March 18, 2015 (edited) Hi, I've recently specced affliction and ran a BRF lfr just to see what i could do before i go raid with my guild with it, we're hardly a raiding guild but we do try get through content before the next tier comes out so it's not like i've got to smash meters, but it would be nice to still be playing well. Below is the log of the BRF lfr and a couple of highmaul bosses i pugged. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D4vt8yX2G9qbdWgr#fight=38 EDIT:: reposted linkk and my armoury http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/steamwheedle-cartel/Whix/simple I was doing upwards of 30k on the pull but i found that a couple of minutes into the fight before my shard and 2nd demon came off CD my dps was starting to dry up a bit, idk if that was because i was low on soul shards and so wasnt casting haunt as much.. anyway any help would be apreciated Edited March 19, 2015 by mindthegap5 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
RogueCatfish 0 Report post Posted March 18, 2015 Hi guys, So I'm wondering how I could further maximize my demo DPS (especially in single target) Heres my most recent log, its my guild's heroic clear night. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ncTjVr1wDFGYP42C#fight=4&type=summary On grull, I've noticed on the top end parses that some warlocks seem to be using ToC to extend their corruption duration rather than recasting corruption. Is this usually advantageous? Overall I'm concerned that I may be too worried about maintaining doom/corruption uptime and that this is actually becoming detrimental to my dps, also I'm worried about my CD usage. Finally, do you think that picking up another RPPM trinket would boost my numbers or significantly? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 19, 2015 Hi, I've recently specced affliction and ran a BRF lfr just to see what i could do before i go raid with my guild with it, we're hardly a raiding guild but we do try get through content before the next tier comes out so it's not like i've got to smash meters, but it would be nice to still be playing well. Below is the log of the BRF lfr and a couple of highmaul bosses i pugged. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D4vt8yX2G9qbdWgr and my armoury http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/steamwheedle-cartel/Whix/simple I was doing upwards of 30k on the pull but i found that a couple of minutes into the fight before my shard and 2nd demon came off CD my dps was starting to dry up a bit, idk if that was because i was low on soul shards and so wasnt casting haunt as much.. anyway any help would be apreciated Link to log is broken, at least for me. Sorry. Hi guys, So I'm wondering how I could further maximize my demo DPS (especially in single target) Heres my most recent log, its my guild's heroic clear night. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ncTjVr1wDFGYP42C#fight=4&type=summary On grull, I've noticed on the top end parses that some warlocks seem to be using ToC to extend their corruption duration rather than recasting corruption. Is this usually advantageous? Overall I'm concerned that I may be too worried about maintaining doom/corruption uptime and that this is actually becoming detrimental to my dps, also I'm worried about my CD usage. Finally, do you think that picking up another RPPM trinket would boost my numbers or significantly? You've did it all pretty much right. Wish you more luck on that ring proc. RPPM trinkets > all, especially considering ilvl change incoming. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 19, 2015 (edited) I've been facing some issues recently.My Cata play is totally on point, securing me some sweet numbers. However, my singletarget performance since DB nerf is a big struggle. We're only left with Maidens, Furnace and Blackhand on HC. I don't think we can handle them with me performing like that.My total logs from BRF, starting from Gruul. They are recorded from Russian client, so make sure you've hit that "Translate" button, upper right corner. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/1037394/latest# Armory link is in my signature. My gear has changed a bit, and I've lost a lot of crit chance. I've tried both DB and Serv/Serv, with pretty much equal results. Neither is giving me a good ST output.Aff mechanics are gone, and I don't feel like I can show really good Aff play right now. Worth giving a big shot regardless?I could use any feedback. Thanks in advance. Edited March 19, 2015 by Paracel Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted March 19, 2015 Play Cata on Maidens and Furnace. There's still ample opportunity to Chaos Wave. You can still run DS Glyph too. I presume with Cata you are mostly focusing on Chaos Wave? Your damage on most recent Gruul isn't terrible. You seem to be mostly lining up Soul Fire with Dark Soul which is good. Your trinkets kinda suck in that DUT Haste proc is useless for ToC and isn't something you'd want to spend Soul Fire charges on by itself. Ring is now 15% buff so it's a good proc, but you had really bad uptime so nothing you can do. Wait I just saw you cast 11 Chaos Waves on a single target fight. Why is that? HoG is a much better investment of damage and Fury. I'd probably only CW if I had >2 charges and DS had like a second left, but that might not even be a gain on Single Target. Convert that additional Fury and MC charges into more Meta Soul Fires (pretty much all you want to cast during DS) and you'll see an increase. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
mindthegap5 0 Report post Posted March 19, 2015 Link to log is broken, at least for me. Sorry. I've changed the link Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 19, 2015 (edited) I've changed the link Your Aff uptimes seems fine. Make buff syncronisation better, macro SoN, never forget to DS at pull and save some Haunts for each DS. Hover at 2 shards, as said in the guide. Use them to cover your DS. Edited March 19, 2015 by Paracel Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 19, 2015 Thank you for your feedback, Liquid-sensei.I indeed have a bad habit of CW single target and spending a lot of Soul Fires outside Meta(DB muscle memory).Gotta change those trinkets and make some UI tweaks. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Angi 0 Report post Posted March 19, 2015 Greetings. My best pal, who has a destro lock, has recently joined my semicasual guild (8/10 hc). He has been using the awesome website and guide from one of your users, Zagam. However, yesterday was his first day as in a serious raiding environment, and he ended up quite depressed. I'd like to help him but I have no idea about locks. So I'm asking your help here 1. Those are his logs from yesterday https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mjM3zZg1VnHKqTC6 (please ignore the blackwing bosses). Can you find out what did he (Castamere) did good at, and where did he fail? (I think uptime in immolate is one of the things) 2. Are some obvious pointers (like uptime on immolate, % of the damage should come from X spell, casts and such), that someone can look in the logs so I do not have to bug you weekly asking you even more questions about his performance and whether he has increased it or not? 3. Is there any list which lists the grimoire and lvl 100 talent he should take on every BRF boss? I've only found those on demo, and he won't spec out of destro. I know some bosses should be done on demo, but that's not an option atm Thanks a lot for your help Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 19, 2015 Greetings. My best pal, who has a destro lock, has recently joined my semicasual guild (8/10 hc). He has been using the awesome website and guide from one of your users, Zagam. However, yesterday was his first day as in a serious raiding environment, and he ended up quite depressed. I'd like to help him but I have no idea about locks. So I'm asking your help here 1. Those are his logs from yesterday https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mjM3zZg1VnHKqTC6 (please ignore the blackwing bosses). Can you find out what did he (Castamere) did good at, and where did he fail? (I think uptime in immolate is one of the things) 2. Are some obvious pointers (like uptime on immolate, % of the damage should come from X spell, casts and such), that someone can look in the logs so I do not have to bug you weekly asking you even more questions about his performance and whether he has increased it or not? 3. Is there any list which lists the grimoire and lvl 100 talent he should take on every BRF boss? I've only found those on demo, and he won't spec out of destro. I know some bosses should be done on demo, but that's not an option atm Thanks a lot for your help First of all, saying "I won't go Demo" is a big call. It it his responsibility as damage dealer to maximize his performance. If duty calls to changing spec - then he should do so. Alas, it's just my opinion. He is using a spec that is lacking with a build that is lacking. This matters a lot. Enough conceptual bashing. Onwards to practical bashing. He is using DemServ Destro build, which is easy to read and find mistakes. Gruul : a perfect example of performance issues. 1)KJC is not needed there. He chose wrong talent and lost damage because of it. KJC is questionable on every BRF fight, actually. Never used it since 6.1. Archimonde's Darkness is simply the best. 2)My Spanish isn't that good, but I assume "Descarga de Caos" is Chaos Bolt. If I'm right, then we have some big problems. They are casted in totally chaotic order, outside of buff windows and stuff like that. Embers are way too precious for Destro, especially for DemServ. CBs should be lined with buffs like DS which you can control perfectly. Other CBs which are available when DS is on cooldown are preferably casted with procs like BRF trinkets. 3)Only one pot and 90% uptime need no deep explaination. Don't do that. Hans&Frans : those twins are probably the worst fight you can put Destro at. I see no pet damage, so I assume he used GoSac/CR build. I have no proficiency with that build, so there is no in-depth look for this. However, few things are really obvious: 1)Immo uptime is garbage. 2)6 Havocs in 5 minutes. Garbage. Yeah, he might have used Havoc Glyph. But again - it's garbage. 3)2nd pot wildly appears here - and it's real wild because there is no real followup in terms of CBs and Dark Soul. Buffs should be syncronized for maximum efficiency. Darmac : heaven for not-so-needed damages. It's a big friend of Destro due to adds and spears. GoSac heaven and even Cata Destro have been pulling some damages in my guild before 6.1. He was DemServ - some questionable decisions here - but it's just fine. He did some decent Fire&Brimstone, but it does not cover other powerhouses - he only casted 10 Havocs and 16 Shadowburns. This fight has limitless potential for Havoc cleave and FnB. CR is awesome here, as I've mentioned. Work on Shadowburn count hard and get rid of Havoc glyph. Immo uptime also needs to be improved. Thogar : The Best Warlock Fight. It is made for Cata. Your friend didn't use it, unlike from your 2nd wlock, who had put 60k+ parse. Shadowburn, Havoc count and Immo uptime is ridiculosly low. He was tunneling the boss just fine, though, but it's not what you should be doing here. Thogar can harm Destro because of heavy movement. However, FnB and Shadowburn potential is too darn high over there. Hope I've covered some of those problems. Feel free to ask and please, bring him in person. TL;DR suboptimal build + lacking on basic cleave/uptime/buff stuff 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Angi 0 Report post Posted March 20, 2015 wow, thanks a lot, that was a very detailed bashing. I know that he should really respec into demon, but he needs a bit of confidence (and skill) in his confort spec before switching. Descarga del Caos is CB indeed. Here are today's logs. He did even worse. (had no time to tell him your advice before raid started). https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LrT6V4Bh91f3dPwJ#type=casts&source=11 you can check them if you wish, but I'm starting to see a trend here. what would the best build for these bosses be? the other lock suggests going DemServ, while most guides suggest goSac-CR. It's a bit confusing. Besides, should he be gemming/enchanting mastery or crit? I've seen in some guides mastery being the best stat and some other guides saying mastery is the worst stat. Thanks for all your time and kind bashing. Unfortunately it'll be hard for him to come as he doesn't speak english, so you'll have to deal with the disc guy instead. I'm translating him everything, tho. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
spikeysquad 50 Report post Posted March 20, 2015 (edited) Could someone also check over my Gruul fight please? I am also doing rather poorly on ST as our fight time is pretty short and not really sure why. My main issues that I know of are 1. Not giving enough respect to the Legendary Ring buff when it is up to dump fury instead of anything else. 2. Still not quite "getting" Demserv in fury timings etc but that hopefully will improve in time. 3. A dodgy opener with HoG like 3 seconds apart as yesterday I unmacroed Go Serv so my opener and pre-DS phases are totally off. Ideally I am following the one that Soulzar recently posted (just need to learn to get the habit/muscle memory) so do not look too much at that as it is a work in progress. Dummy time incomming. 4.I also seem to have a lot of SB casts but not sure that is because of bad MC procs and no extra tier HoG or something else. What else am I failing on? Many thanks http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aszune/Spikeyshard/simple https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JDtWbYZMckRV9Npm#fight=26&type=damage-done&source=9 P.S. If anyone else has Go Serv macroed with DS etc undo it and try seperate. It makes makes it smoother and saves casting time. Edited March 20, 2015 by spikeysquad Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 20, 2015 (edited) @spikeysquadYou've messed your opener quite hard out there. No double DoT stacking and you've spend in Meta like 5 seconds or so.Using GoServ and DS on separate buttons didn't work quite well - they are a bit of the radar.Macro is just fine. Don't mess around and play it safe.You've said the rest. Pay respects to the ring proc and get dat 4pc tier, even from normal. It's insane how much you will get either from ST or AoE fights.@AngiThe go-to build for Destro is now Charred Remains + Grimoure of Sacrifice. It mediocre in ST scenarios but provides a decent AoE plus cleave potental on top of sweet burst. However movement hurts it a lot.Rest of the fights are having pretty much the same problems - no Shadowburns, not enough Havocs because of glyph, questionable buff and Terrorguard usage.I really forgot to look at his opener yesterday. It is really bad - he is precasting CB with precasting DS and this is not an option.For CR build, I assume the opener would be something like building embers up untill 15-12 seconds of pot left, use DS(glyphed) and cast those CBs.Gem mastery for CR. It is also awesome for every other spec. offtopic - it was almost depressing for me to see performance like this on a kill I'm trying to progress - Iron Maidens.It's hard to raid when there is nobody to carry you. Edited March 20, 2015 by Paracel 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
spikeysquad 50 Report post Posted March 20, 2015 Hey Paracel, Thanks for taking the time to look and reply. Yeah bad opener but I think my first HoG was casted pre-combat logging as I did actually get a 2 stack according to the debuffs tab but just like I said there was like only 3 seconds between them. 00:00:03.976 Gruul is afflicted by Hand of Gul'dan (2) from Spikeyshard Ah, I think I will continue without Go Serv in the macro (at least on unimportant fights). Yeah it may (will) mess up my head and dps a bit (I don't think a little change 4 times a fight does that much really) but in the long run it has to be a positive change. Just for me I learn things really slowly it seems so even with dummy work and raiding it will take quite a while! It is just difficult sometimes; I am trying so hard to improve but not really seeming to get anywhere. With better gear and a lot of weeks I am still under my old DB amounts. I suppose it doesn't help to be raiding with people more geared and with tier and getting beat quite significantly on every fight. Then personally not really seem to be improving week by week and I can't blame RNG al the time! I should keep farming the tier though, eventually I may get some (I do have one piece)! Ok rant over. Thanks again and good luck in your struggles too Paracel! You do help a lot of people here. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites