adinifinito 0 Report post Posted January 28, 2015 Hello fellow warlocks! I have been playing Demo for about a week or so and I would love to get some pointers on anything majorly wrong I am doing. I am going try to do as much work providing all the necessary info and trying to do as much comparison myself. This is analysis of heroic bosses and I went to rankings and pulled similar length fights. My main issue seems demonic fury management: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wVYR6qcna2T8Ltpd#type=resources&fight=11&source=1&spell=115 vs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t9Fn3G12AkwpXZMH#fight=13&type=resources&source=203&spell=115 I guess from here I can see I need to do a lot more Soul Fires. Tectus me: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wVYR6qcna2T8Ltpd#type=damage-done&fight=11&source=1 Tectus others: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t9Fn3G12AkwpXZMH#fight=13&type=damage-done&source=203 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xK2c4GhYaDJptRvL#fight=11&type=damage-done&source=38 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZdCybAaDgY32mXnk#fight=17&type=damage-done&source=14&translate=true Seems I am missing about 1 mil doom damage, about 1 mil chaos wave damage, 1 mil touch of chaos damage Twins me: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wVYR6qcna2T8Ltpd#type=damage-done&fight=13&source=1 Twins others: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9B3y17RnzbxfVKLh#fight=36&type=damage-done&source=33 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HDvfXbZF2m9rgjAc#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=118 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VdjtpW62DyK9QqmA#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=17 Seems I need to work on corruption uptime (at least from demonic fury generation), low demonbolt total, little more soul fire and little more doom Again thanks for pointing me the big mistakes. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Elvensire 0 Report post Posted January 29, 2015 Please, I would like help with my dps on a ret pally, since it is low. This log is for Butcher but there are several other bosses there. Ret pally Elvensire. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QKj7cqtpPaZ6gL9b#fight=5 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted January 29, 2015 Please, I would like help with my dps on a ret pally, since it is low. This log is for Butcher but there are several other bosses there. Ret pally Elvensire. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QKj7cqtpPaZ6gL9b#fight=5 This is the Warlock forum, please post in the Paladin sub in future :) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted January 29, 2015 @adinfinitoMaybe you don't have much haste for Fury? chant/gem/eat haste and see how it goes.Having a Dark Soul glyph without Cata is a loss(for me). You had it on on your Tectus fight, and it resulted in a bunch of unbuffed Chaos Wave casts. Big DS for big Metas, affectin' your dots for a bunch of itme and other stuffs are sweet.All your DB cycles on Twins fight are really messy. Work on it.If you are havind a hard time here, consider using Cataclysm. It still performs good(on twins) but gives you much more mobility and is somewhat more forgiving it terms of fury generation.Yeah, I know it's somewhat weaker talking pure damage, but at least try it out. You'll see the difference.Hope that helps.Good luck! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mikedawg 4 Report post Posted January 29, 2015 Any way we can change the name of the thread to "The Help my DPS Warlock Thread"? People probably see it in "Popular Topics" and post because they want help and think it's a general thread. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted February 1, 2015 I know this is LFR but I am really looking to improve my play before I make my guild suffer through my learning phase. I usually play affliction but trying out demonology. Feel free to pick any fight you would like I am sure there in is plenty of room for improvement on any of them. Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jZFNDLY2zq7W1awf Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Lewstelamon/advanced Thank you!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mikedawg 4 Report post Posted February 1, 2015 Use Cata and use Chaos Wave more on Texas. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Gravemore 0 Report post Posted February 1, 2015 Becoming more and more frustrated with my DPS, I'm beyond confused any help will be greatly appreciated. Our other warlock did 34k same fight with far less up-times. Log from last nights M Butcher - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q1yMGwY2kRpXmPJV#type=damage-done&fight=62&source=57 Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Gravemore/advanced Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
tarreltje 0 Report post Posted February 1, 2015 (edited) Ok, back with a log.. Ive tryed to do a log tonight but all the groups i joined were failing so, worst of all i did a log on a dummy, to show basicly my rotation. So i do not have enough raid buffs, but still my dps sucks i think.. My rotation is based on the 1 that simcraft uses for me, to sim my dps (wich i higher that in game...). Froim what i have seen it did only do chaosbolt on DS or when embers becan to stack. I used my wispering crystal for the 200 all stat buff https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m7zV49yt1LAGXhQZ/#type=summary&source=1 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Zhax/simple previously i changed my Shards of Nothing for the sandmans pouch ilev 640, this of the crit proc. My rotation them was basicly as the 1 in the log, but only i casted also a chaosbolt on the proc of my weapons thunderlord and the sandmans pouch proc, but that also wouldnt realy help my dps... What is it that im doing wrong? Edited February 1, 2015 by tarreltje Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted February 2, 2015 Use Cata and use Chaos Wave more on Texas Normally I would have but in LFR I was looking more to just make sure I have my normal rotation and tactics down right then to work on 1 special situation. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zakalwei 0 Report post Posted February 4, 2015 So, a bit of backstory....decided to main a lock a while ago and went Destruction. Really enjoyed it and felt like I was doing pretty decent, was able to compete with people even though my gear was lacking somewhat and loved the playstyle, found it very easy to understand, seemed to know when to cast/do things etc. Now I've decided to give Demo a shot. Have tried changing specs and the like and to master the rotation but I personally feel that I still have A LOT to learn. Below are my armory and some logs, is there anything glaring or some obvious things I could work on? I keep reading how Demo is the best spec and the other lock in our raid is a beast so I really want to perform well...any help appreciated! Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/11557/ Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khaz'goroth/Zakalwei/advanced Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted February 4, 2015 (edited) I know this is LFR but I am really looking to improve my play before I make my guild suffer through my learning phase. I usually play affliction but trying out demonology. Feel free to pick any fight you would like I am sure there in is plenty of room for improvement on any of them. Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jZFNDLY2zq7W1awf Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Lewstelamon/advanced Thank you!! Nothing much to add. Keep practicing, you're doing fine. Becoming more and more frustrated with my DPS, I'm beyond confused any help will be greatly appreciated. Our other warlock did 34k same fight with far less up-times. Log from last nights M Butcher - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q1yMGwY2kRpXmPJV#type=damage-done&fight=62&source=57 Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Gravemore/advanced Which exactly 34k log are you talking about? HC Butcher? Your uptimes are pretty close out there, and he used SB Haunt, and used it right. No wondering why he bested you. Your Mythic attempts are bad. I've seen dot uptimes of ~88% which is absolutely not ok. Your Haunts uptime aren't good aswell, even if we consider using SB Haunt. I think you are missing a grip on SB Haunt playstyle(no offence).You are casting no Haunts outside of SB, and that is suspicious. I think issue lies somewhere close. Practice SB:H and get used to it. Ok, back with a log.. Ive tryed to do a log tonight but all the groups i joined were failing so, worst of all i did a log on a dummy, to show basicly my rotation. So i do not have enough raid buffs, but still my dps sucks i think.. My rotation is based on the 1 that simcraft uses for me, to sim my dps (wich i higher that in game...). Froim what i have seen it did only do chaosbolt on DS or when embers becan to stack. I used my wispering crystal for the 200 all stat buff https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m7zV49yt1LAGXhQZ/#type=summary&source=1 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Zhax/simple previously i changed my Shards of Nothing for the sandmans pouch ilev 640, this of the crit proc. My rotation them was basicly as the 1 in the log, but only i casted also a chaosbolt on the proc of my weapons thunderlord and the sandmans pouch proc, but that also wouldnt realy help my dps... What is it that im doing wrong? Your opening sequence and following stuff is what really deserves a question. #1. Emm... first Immolate cast...at 00:13? Really? Don't do that. Immolate should be the first spell you cast after the precast spell. #2.2nd DS (AD'ed) Ok, I need serious explainaton here. Opening DS was fine, but you've find a Chaos Bolt to cast unbuffed inbetween, which is not nice. But that's not an issue. Just...why would you cast DS at this point(00:27)? You have only 2 embers to spend, as it seems from the log, and your best damage cooldown is - Poof! - essentially wasted. You got absolutely no significant buffs at this point. Embers were far from capping. Why dont just hold this button for a while and stack some embers? Just memorising rotation isn't resulting in a good DPS performance. It is best to understand, why are you casting this and that; not only when to hold your CBs and when to pop DS, but why should you do so. And the answer to "Why?" shouldn't be something like "because it is written in the guide". Correct me if I'm wrong. Hope that helps. Good luck with Blackrock Foundry fishing! Edited February 4, 2015 by Paracel 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
tarreltje 0 Report post Posted February 4, 2015 Thnx for your repley :). The second DS.. Well now you mentioned it, and thinking about waisting your completely right. I had it macrod but like you said, to less embers to spend on it. I will put it unerneat an weak aura and un macro it, so i will cast it only when i have suffient embers. Is it worth spending chaos bolts on the 640 sandmans pouch? Or do i have to wait for an better 1? Thnx for your reply!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted February 4, 2015 (edited) Thnx for your repley . The second DS.. Well now you mentioned it, and thinking about waisting your completely right. I had it macrod but like you said, to less embers to spend on it. I will put it unerneat an weak aura and un macro it, so i will cast it only when i have suffient embers. Is it worth spending chaos bolts on the 640 sandmans pouch? Or do i have to wait for an better 1? Thnx for your reply!! You've had DS macroed with what exactly? Interaction with Sandman's is easy. It's the strongest proc available for you, and you want your DS and damage procs to be syncronized together. Wait for the proc, activate DS and burn embers. ICD of Sandman is 115 seconds, they line up together very nice. Edited February 4, 2015 by Paracel Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mortis 0 Report post Posted February 4, 2015 Hey guys. This is my log from yesterday's Highmaul run with my guild https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AJN9qp8KH7dWh6Mt I'd like to ask you for any suggestions about improving my overall gameplay, mostly on Demo spec. I'm using affli on fights I don't feel comfortable as demo to do decent dps. Second Blackenspore pull and Textus kill are a good examples of my poor performance while Twin Ogron is a really decent one (i think?). I'll be really greatfull for any help, tips and tricks. Cheers, Mortis Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted February 4, 2015 Hey guys. This is my log from yesterday's Highmaul run with my guild https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AJN9qp8KH7dWh6Mt I'd like to ask you for any suggestions about improving my overall gameplay, mostly on Demo spec. I'm using affli on fights I don't feel comfortable as demo to do decent dps. Second Blackenspore pull and Textus kill are a good examples of my poor performance while Twin Ogron is a really decent one (i think?). I'll be really greatfull for any help, tips and tricks. Cheers, Mortis Your DoT uptimes are really bad. 58 % and 69% for Tectus? Ridiculous. Bracken wipes - pretty much the same picture. On your Twins fight, 2nd cycle(after opening) is unbuffed, and you got that Dark Soul from AD at this point. DoT uptime is bad there aswell - embarassing 67 % for corruption. And yeah, you only used your SoN once. Macro them with something. You seem to have a grasp on stuff. More practice will make you better. Good luck! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
knabelkongen 0 Report post Posted February 5, 2015 Hello! I've been plagued by bad dps, and reached an ultimate worst during my BFR raid last night. I returned to WoD from vanilla, and had no idea what was going on. Started out Destro, but due to poor dps and a rather simplistic rotation i switched to Demo. Demo brought my DPS from sub-15k to 15k+. Ive had some events of 20k+ dps, without really knowing how i did it. During BFR however, i was struggling to beat 15k. Even on low movement fights, 18k was around my max as a Demo lock. I do realize it was a first time BFR for me, and thus i realize the dps and logs might be skewed abit due to this. ll try adding in some links to older logs from Highmaul etc. Hope someone can help me out. The butcher - Demonology https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qDXKhCmB9TpftRPw#type=damage-done&source=36 Kargath Heroic - Destruction https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1xgQYjf9XBd8NtAh#fight=11&type=damage-done&source=187 (yes, i realize my immolate uptime was bad. What else?) Gruul - Destruction https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZdTJ9CPb4D6zyja1/#fight=62&pins=0%24Off%24%23e62ec1%24damage%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24true%24155743&type=damage-done&source=224 I switched to destro, after having bad DPS with demo on gruul. Oregorger the devourer - Demonology https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZdTJ9CPb4D6zyja1/#fight=72&pins=0%24Off%24%23e62ec1%24damage%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24true%24155743&type=damage-done&source=224 The big dips in the middle of the graph is obviously due to the "movement-phase" of dodging his rolling aka not DPS'ing To sum it up, yes i realize potions are lacking and that uptimes of dots are usually pretty bad. Although, I feel like even if i pushed uptimes to 90% or higher, and used some more pots, this wouldnt account for my in general poor damage. It almost feels like im missing some spells or some mechanics, which wasnt present in vanilla. I realize cleave is a big deal now, and for fights this is applicable, i understand this too could be a factor. I am primarly prone to playing demo, as it seems like the most fun, although; getting some improvement in both specs is something i would highly enjoy. Hope someone can help me out. Cheers Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted February 5, 2015 @knabelkongen Your Dark Soul usage is completely off the charts. Check out your Butcher fight. You cast DS at 00:11, and your DB cycle follows 32 seconds later. Thirty-two seconds. Same is for second cycle. You use DS for some reason at 01:09 and DBs are only cast at 01:43. Essentially, you wasted both of those Dark Souls. Same is for Destro. At both your Kargath and Gruul fights your CBs are splattered all over the log and it makes absolutely no sense. And all that is not counting your horrible uptime numbers, possible cleave/aoe/movement and etc. Read over the guide and get used to changes. Glyph of Dark Soul is your best friend for Demo, as I suspect you didn't use it. Good luck! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
knabelkongen 0 Report post Posted February 6, 2015 @knabelkongen Your Dark Soul usage is completely off the charts. Check out your Butcher fight. You cast DS at 00:11, and your DB cycle follows 32 seconds later. Thirty-two seconds. Same is for second cycle. You use DS for some reason at 01:09 and DBs are only cast at 01:43. Essentially, you wasted both of those Dark Souls. Same is for Destro. At both your Kargath and Gruul fights your CBs are splattered all over the log and it makes absolutely no sense. And all that is not counting your horrible uptime numbers, possible cleave/aoe/movement and etc. Read over the guide and get used to changes. Glyph of Dark Soul is your best friend for Demo, as I suspect you didn't use it. Good luck! Thank you for your swift reply! Yep, you're right. No glyph of dark soul. Trying using that now. I still feel like im not generating enough demonic fury though. The fact that the guide here on IV says i shouldnt really have to manually reapply corruption, is NOT true for me. Sure, i get to prolong it when i metamorphosis, but i still have to reapply it quite often. could i be right that something is preventing the "speed" or how much DF i generate? Also, anyone got any tips on how to use life-tap properly? other than "using it every 30-40 seconds"? is there any ninja-special tricks to using it properly? Also, in regards to trinket procs, is it even possible to properly and consistently combo trinket procs with Dark soul+Metamorphosis? Last note; what trinkets shall i aim for? couldnt find anything regarding specific trinkets in the guide. Cheers <3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
debIT 0 Report post Posted February 6, 2015 I have one thing i am not sure with. Situation ... i have enought Demonic fury to cast 4 Demonbolts. I start to cast first demonbold and druing that cast progress start clicking on to Dark Soul. So when Demonbold finish its cast Dark Soul is run befor that first Demonbold land on his target. Will that demonbold get profit from Dark Soul or not and need to be cast before first demonbold ? Thxs. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted February 6, 2015 Thank you for your swift reply! Yep, you're right. No glyph of dark soul. Trying using that now. I still feel like im not generating enough demonic fury though. The fact that the guide here on IV says i shouldnt really have to manually reapply corruption, is NOT true for me. Sure, i get to prolong it when i metamorphosis, but i still have to reapply it quite often. could i be right that something is preventing the "speed" or how much DF i generate? Also, anyone got any tips on how to use life-tap properly? other than "using it every 30-40 seconds"? is there any ninja-special tricks to using it properly? Also, in regards to trinket procs, is it even possible to properly and consistently combo trinket procs with Dark soul+Metamorphosis? Last note; what trinkets shall i aim for? couldnt find anything regarding specific trinkets in the guide. Cheers <3 Corruption is a big chunk of DF generation. If you are feeling really lacking DF, socket/chant some haste. It will make your life easier. Guide is guide, and actual gameplay is different. I tend to reapply it manually often, too, as you don't usually cast much of ToC when using DB. Life Tapping is just, you know, Life Tapping. Nothing really special, besides that you can do it when movement is required without losing anything. Procs are random, and there is no real need to dance with them. 0,92ppm BRF trinkets are suited a bit better for DB cycling, but you shouldn't be concentrated on it, as you can't control them. Waiting is wasting your DS cooldown. Actual trinkets from BRF are close in worth. Use what you can get your hands on. Sandman's Pouch is generally not awesome. SoN are decent DF generation source. QR is decent. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Lotharion 0 Report post Posted February 6, 2015 Hi guys, been a long time reader but this is the first time I post logs and directly search for help. There some issues that I already know (like dying), but any help to my improve my gameplay would be very appreciated. Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VqCJRKmjztbd8pXQ#fight=5&type=summary https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PBQj8r9DnRxaXdHg armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Gallywix/Lotharion/advanced ps. inb4 engrish Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Isarqvan 0 Report post Posted February 8, 2015 First post to this forum so hello to everyone!I need some help from you to do better from my warlock.Spec: DemonologyLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2675371/6/About logs: Please check logs from all content (Highmaul and BRF) but on fights where logs is gray - dont waste your time on it - it's my fails so there is no 100% from me, so if I can you ask for help check my mistakes and wrong rotation on better kills.And ofc. i'm only interested in demonology spec fightsArmory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Trollbane/Isarqvan/simpleTY for all help and i'm open to strong criticism about my slacking play Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted February 9, 2015 Hi guys, been a long time reader but this is the first time I post logs and directly search for help. There some issues that I already know (like dying), but any help to my improve my gameplay would be very appreciated. Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VqCJRKmjztbd8pXQ#fight=5&type=summary https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PBQj8r9DnRxaXdHg armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Gallywix/Lotharion/advanced ps. inb4 engrish Revise your Demo opener. You only cast 1 DB each time. Ton of 3 DB cycles when it is really easy to get 4 DBs. Fury issue? Grab some haste from food/gems/chants. Tectus fight is absolute mess. Switch to Cata and watch the uptimes close. Gruul Destro is messy. You are casting whole 4 CBs inbetween your opener DS and first burn phase. You could easily fit your AD DS here. Darmac are wipes, but the Shadowburn/Havoc count is to watch for you. Make it as big as you can. First post to this forum so hello to everyone! I need some help from you to do better from my warlock. Spec: Demonology Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2675371/6/ About logs: Please check logs from all content (Highmaul and BRF) but on fights where logs is gray - dont waste your time on it - it's my fails so there is no 100% from me, so if I can you ask for help check my mistakes and wrong rotation on better kills. And ofc. i'm only interested in demonology spec fights Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Trollbane/Isarqvan/simple TY for all help and i'm open to strong criticism about my slacking play I can't really find any of actually your fights besides M Kargath and I don't really want to dig over all your guild logs. Wouldn't you mind to provide more direct links? And Kargath is a mess. 80% uptime for both dots, only one pot, third cycle 02:08 and fifth cycle at 04:24 are unbuffed for no reason. And you've died. Correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
debIT 0 Report post Posted February 9, 2015 (edited) I have one thing i am not sure with. Situation ... i have enought Demonic fury to cast 4 Demonbolts. I start to cast first demonbold and druing that cast progress start clicking on to Dark Soul. So when Demonbold finish its cast Dark Soul is run befor that first Demonbold land on his target. Will that demonbold get profit from Dark Soul or not and need to be cast before first demonbold ? Thxs. So by my own investigation .. it's need to cast DS before first DB to get profit from DS. Edited February 9, 2015 by debIT Share this post Link to post Share on other sites