Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 9, 2015 (edited) So, normally my guild goes brf hc, today was nh. Im pretty new to demo and my dps is not that high. it would be nice, if you could look through my logs (look for razeria) and tell me on wich parts i can improve my playstyle. some generel tips would be nice and some in-depth-analys for blast furnace. -> armory ps: sorry for that bad english Only one pot everywhere. That's first and foremost. You are embarassing on your AoE fights. Especially Darmac - 4 Cataclysms hitting 4 targets - that's ridiculous. Be more careful with your aim. If raid AoE is excessive - like, I assume, it was on Darmac - don't use Cataclysm. A lot of important casts on those fights went unbuffed by Dark Soul. That's where you've lost more dps. Solo target fights of yours are not spectacular aswell. Buff syncronization is off charts here and there, bad Grimoure of Service usage (Macro this button with Dark Soul and Shards of Nothing.) Uptimes could be better and what's most important - your HoG usage has a lot of room for improvement. You cast them, for example, on Gruul, withing 2 seconds from each other, essentially losing some of that pandemic dot. Animation of HoG is around 2 seconds and Pandemic range is 2 seconds, so optimal would be a 4-5 second delay - that's approximately 1 cast of shadowbolt and 1 gcd or 2 soulfires with MC. Wouldn't say anything specific about Blast Furnace. It's probably around your spells hitting shielded trash mobs. This fight is all about bursting Operators and then Elementalists. DB is somewhat superior here, as well as Destro and Affli can make a deal. Edited March 9, 2015 by Paracel 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BigBadLock 0 Report post Posted March 9, 2015 We are struggling with Darmac Mythic. Our Warlocks are responsible for killing the adds. We are three Warlocks and two of us already have 4pc bonus. I can't figure out where we do things different but one of my warlock colleagues is doing most of the time more damage than I do. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/awMnzHbA73qPVhNv#type=damage-done&boss=1694&wipes=1 Strategy is as follow: corruption and Doom on all spears. Cataclysm and Chaos waves on adds. I spare all my HoG charges for Chaos wave use as those adds spawn every 30s. Is it really just rng? more proccs in the right moment? I think I am doing something wrong. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted March 10, 2015 I am guessing the other two are the ones with the 4 piece? They have almost double the number of chaos waves then you. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Elyndrai 0 Report post Posted March 10, 2015 Hello All, I am a recently returning warlock. I played wrath and returned at the end of MoP. During MoP I played destruction exclusively. My guild has recently started raiding as most of us are members who took a break during MoP. I have been following the guides posted here and know that destruction is not as competitive in dps. So I have been working on the demonology spec for 2 weeks and know that I need lots of improvement. I have been trying to keep my uptime on DoT's over 90 percent, but, my HoG seems low...Are my other problems related to my DS usage? Here is my first week of demo raiding: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b1QdwKrVApxnFZNv/ Here is our latest Normal Highmaul: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BtTC2x3kFaymvM8z# Here is my LFR Raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vfYHpJRZTaW7kB94 Character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/rivendare/Elyndrai/simple My glyphs used were: demon-training, siphon life, and healthstone. I've been told that my dps is too low for my spec/gear and that I should be pulling over 20K. Please help. All criticism and tips are welcome. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted March 10, 2015 We are struggling with Darmac Mythic. Our Warlocks are responsible for killing the adds. We are three Warlocks and two of us already have 4pc bonus. I can't figure out where we do things different but one of my warlock colleagues is doing most of the time more damage than I do. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/awMnzHbA73qPVhNv#type=damage-done&boss=1694&wipes=1 Strategy is as follow: corruption and Doom on all spears. Cataclysm and Chaos waves on adds. I spare all my HoG charges for Chaos wave use as those adds spawn every 30s. Is it really just rng? more proccs in the right moment? I think I am doing something wrong. I had a very quick look. Kardis cast LESS Chaos Waves than you, but hit MORE targets. Either you're delaying your casts on the adds so some have already died, or (more likely) you're cleaving off the boss and having Chaos Waves miss when he jumps around. Try to target the adds when you're using Chaos Wave. Also make sure you're casting Cataclysm as soon as possible. If you wait for them to be on top of the boss, you might be missing out on damage. I know I can time it to hit most of the adds as soon as they're out of the cage, you just need to lead the Cataclysm reticule slightly. Regardless, you also aren't using HoG which is bad. You don't need to sit on 3 charges of CW for the adds, especially with 3 Demo locks. I get the impression you're trying too hard on the adds. You have a Fire Mage who should be spreading Living Bomb to adds so deal massive damage back on the boss, but I can barely see him on the meters. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
BigBadLock 0 Report post Posted March 10, 2015 Thanks liquid. I also noticed that he hit more targets which is strange as i try to use chaos wave as soon as possible. I always pre cast cataclysm as you adviced as it kills my dps if i wait too long and let adds die before cata is finished. Usually one of us pulls ahead sometimes with several thousands of dps if proccs are coming in the right moment. I think we have too much dps on the addsin the first half of the encounter and steal dps from each other by killing adds too qquickly. According to my log there are lots of people doing aoe damage. If adds go down within seconds my chaos waves are wasted. Problem is that we are told to wait until dk grips the adds to the boss. So ity not like "kill adds on first sight". I also wonder why our firemage is so far behind us. Do they need some time to build ul their aoe damage? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mikedawg 4 Report post Posted March 10, 2015 Yes Fire is best on extended cleave like Maidens and Hanz&Franz. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted March 10, 2015 To be honest add damage isn't a concern. You could always have two Warlocks running Cataclysm and staggering the spell for each pack, and have the third run Serv and Servitude for more boss damage. Consequently you should also try to shift more damage to the boss. Who cares if you do less AoE damage if you are wiping to too many Tantrums. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ChaosGenesis 0 Report post Posted March 10, 2015 Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to raiding (started doing things above LFR around when 6.0 dropped) and I just started playing Demo when BRF came out. My guild has been progressing its way through heroics recently and when I've been going through our logs, I've noticed that my DPS is not doing so hot compared to other demo locks in the same ilvl bracket. A lot of my parses have been sitting around the 20th percentile. Recently I've been able to bring that up closer to 50 on some fights but I feel like I must be doing something fundamentally wrong if I can't breach the 60th percentile. I know I need to be more concious of my procs and Dark Soul useage so I'm sure that's part of the problem but if there's something else I'm missing and need to work on, please let me know. I'm 779 with 2pc and here's my armoury (Ignore the Time-lost Artifact, I was hunting Huolon and Garnia after raid. I actually use the Beastlord heroic trinket.) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Twisting%20Nether/Kaosgenesis/advanced Here's a specific reference to last night's heroic Thogar kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fNHPygR4dmaYkB3z I did notice that I only had 6 casts of Cata in an 8min fight, probably because I would try and save it for when a ton of adds are out. Is that wrong? Please feel free to browse any other fights as well in case there's a continuing glaring issue: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/764142/latest Any and all help would be much appreciated and thank you very much in advance. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mikedawg 4 Report post Posted March 10, 2015 (edited) Here's a specific reference to last night's heroic Thogar kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fNHPygR4dmaYkB3z I did notice that I only had 6 casts of Cata in an 8min fight, probably because I would try and save it for when a ton of adds are out. Is that wrong? You guys need more people attacking the boss. An 8 minute kill? Jesus Christ. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7/#metric=speed&boss=1692&difficulty=4 Apart from that, Thogar isn't a very good fight to gauge your abilities except against Thogar. I'll check out the other logs. On Gruul (or any single-target fight, for that matter) you need a tighter potion+dark soul+grimoire window. You used them out of sync on your best parse. They need to all overlap properly for maximum damage. A proper opener consists of casting your grimoire as soon as possible and using Dark Soul after corruption+2-stack hog, and then again stack potion+dark soul+grimoire 2 minutes later (If the boss is going to die less than 2 minutes later, delay this combo until 20%, or if you'll have 3 rotations, use the potion on the 3rd below 20% for the bonus Doom Bolt damage, as Liquidsteel said). Basically just make sure your buffs line up to do maximum damage. Edited March 10, 2015 by Mikedawg 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted March 10, 2015 I'd save potion for a DS + GoServ phase under 20%, if possible. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ChaosGenesis 0 Report post Posted March 11, 2015 You guys need more people attacking the boss. An 8 minute kill? Jesus Christ. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7/#metric=speed&boss=1692&difficulty=4 On Gruul (or any single-target fight, for that matter) you need a tighter potion+dark soul+grimoire window. You used them out of sync on your best parse. They need to all overlap properly for maximum damage. A proper opener consists of casting your grimoire as soon as possible and using Dark Soul after corruption+2-stack hog, and then again stack potion+dark soul+grimoire 2 minutes later (If the boss is going to die less than 2 minutes later, delay this combo until 20%, or if you'll have 3 rotations, use the potion on the 3rd below 20% for the bonus Doom Bolt damage, as Liquidsteel said). Basically just make sure your buffs line up to do maximum damage. Is it worthwhile to wait on a Bleeding Hollow (or Instability) proc to stack DS + Grimoire or should I use DS + Grimoire on CD? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
flalia4 0 Report post Posted March 12, 2015 Hello guys I posted this over on the mmo-champuion forum but I also thought I'd check here as I really want to get it fixed. Recently as in last Thursday my gleader asked me to switch to a warlock. Friday morning it was 100 and has been steadily gearing up. He is currently 653 and I don't expect to be topping our guild meters just yet, but using askmrrobot my dps is really shit.http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...1c258/overview^Is my logs. I've read icyveins for both destro and demo the in depth guides and have been following the rotations but I can't seem to get my numbers up. The only fight I did decently on was Gruul where i was in the like 83d percentile. Every other fight I was 53% or below.I could really use some help because I'm getting frustrated I'm not a bad player but I definetly feel like I am right now. Any insight would be very well appreciated.Here is my armory as well if it's needed http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ooseman/simpleIf there is any other information I could prove just let me know I'll be checking back frequently. Thank you for reading.Also I just linked my character because almost all of the fights I did was lower then it should be. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted March 12, 2015 First thing I noticed was that you're specced into GoServ and Servitude, however you serviced out another Felguard instead of another Doomguard! This should gain you a decent chunk of DPS right there. Your Corruption and Doom uptimes are fine, could be slightly better but 96% is passable. Something that stands out to me is that you cast 9 Soul Fires in Metamorphosis without a single buff, which is a pretty big slip up. As a result you only got off 5 under Potion + Dark Soul in execute, and 4 under Trinket and Dark Soul 2 minutes in. Your last Dark Soul was used about 10s before the boss died. What you should be doing is pooling 800+ Fury and 8+ MC stacks for each DS burn phase. As your fight only lasted 4 minutes and 14 seconds, you should have used your AD Dark Soul about a minute into the fight. You would have been capping Fury at this point and would need to bleed it off, and Dark Soul is the biggest buff we can have. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
flalia4 0 Report post Posted March 12, 2015 Hmm very interesting I thought I wanted to keep my DF as low as possible and I was unaware I could summon two doomguards. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted March 12, 2015 What made you think that? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
flalia4 0 Report post Posted March 12, 2015 I guess I kind of just assumed because of, "Use Touch of Chaos, as a filler (if you still have Demonic Fury after spending all your Molten Core procs)." from the icyveins guide so I just wanted to dump it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
drycleanonly 0 Report post Posted March 13, 2015 Got our first Mythic Oregorger kill last night. I thought I did ok but then saw I'm only 41st percentile. So, what can I do better? Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Demonpoo/simple Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9kQNMdL6tHYfmzbn#fight=8&type=summary Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sabertorous 0 Report post Posted March 14, 2015 Couple things I see, doom wasn't cast till 17 secs in, looks like you missed a dark soul, 4 whole and one partial at kill on a 6 plus minute fight. Lastly if I'm looking at the info correctly it looks like your HoG usage could use some work. Uptime seems ok, but did you maximize 2 stacks? Doesn't look like it, and not having 4 piece really hurts you because of all the extra HoG you will have. Get 4 piece and maximize 2 stacks and your numbers will jump up. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Dancecomandr 0 Report post Posted March 14, 2015 Hello, I'm here trying to help some of the warlocks in my guild. Our destruction warlock has consistently low dps and i'm having trouble understanding why because I do not know warlocks that well. I've tried to compare their logs to other warlocks and one of the biggest things i've noticed is that their chaos bolt is not nearly doing as much dps as other warlocks. I was wondering if anyone here couple help me understand the logs better so i can give them some assistance. Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QWxpnqmJwka1RH8v#fight=14&type=summary&source=20 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GabrielIderiha 0 Report post Posted March 15, 2015 Hello guys! I am really strugling with my Demo spec, my ranks are (way) bellow the acceptable, can you guys give me some tips? :) Here are the logs of two 'simple' fights that I believe will show my main issues with the spec. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/950587/latest#boss=1713 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/950587/latest# Thanks a lot =) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 15, 2015 (edited) Hello guys! I am really strugling with my Demo spec, my ranks are (way) bellow the acceptable, can you guys give me some tips? Here are the logs of two 'simple' fights that I believe will show my main issues with the spec. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/950587/latest#boss=1713 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/950587/latest# Thanks a lot =) Don't really have much time to make analysis, but there is some simple points: Your Kromog fight. Let's compare it to my recent Kromog (normal, although it makes little difference.) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FdrDv2AMQb6jqYm3#fight=20&type=damage-done&translate=true&source=8 Amount of mine pew-pew per second is significantly bigger. Why? First of all - Cataclysm aim. I got 18 hits with 2 casts compared to yours 14 hits with whooping 4 casts. Second - my 2nd chart is Chaos Wave, with 6 casts and 20 hits. You only casted 2 Chaos Waves, and they are essential part of Cata AoE(probably even more OP than Cata itself) Third - and the main difference - that I use glyph of DarkSoul. It lines up with Cata perfectly, allowing you to have some OP burst for hands. Pretty much all your Catas went unbuffed, and you've lost a ton of DPS. General rule of thumb on Kromog is that AoE does not stack. If you feel that hands are dying too fast - so fast you can't even land a good Cata and Chaos Waves - then switch to single-target build and tunnel the boss. DemServ still have a great deal of AoE with ChaosWaves. And yeah, why on earth would you want Cata on Gruul? Edit: got some time to look through your other logs on that run where you featured Kromog. HansFrans was fine, awesome uptime of SB Haunt. However, your regular Haunt uptime is a bit weak, which is not desirable. Flamebender is Cata fight with the same issue - some Catas were unbuffed. DS glyph is a choice for Cata build. Your HoG uptime could also use some love. Darmac - perfect example of the fact that Catas do not stack. Your 6 casts only made 24 hits - meaning each Cata was hitting only 4 targets. Other warlock made 33 hits with 5 casts - see the dynamic? DemServ boss tunnel would be a choice of mine, with extensive use of DoTs and Chaos Waves. Oregorger - once again, Cata on ST fight? Makes little sense. Thogar - showing your lack of Cata mechanics once again, like on Darmac. Either be better with your Cata aim/timing and cast more Chaos Waves or switch to tunneling the boss. Your Combat, Fire, Unholy and ton of Hunters are handling adds nice without actually losing any DPS from talent choice, like you do. Good luck. Edited March 15, 2015 by Paracel 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pivich 0 Report post Posted March 15, 2015 Hi there ! Long time reader, first time poster. I've been in "slack mode" for about a year, and now trying to back to the game. Reading forums about demo/destro, but something missing from me, i guess - because it seems my damage is very low For example, out Heroic Gruul : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/en/reports/pgPThR6qtkWXxzAr#translate=true&fight=13 This is me as destro: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/en/reports/pgPThR6qtkWXxzAr#translate=true&fight=13&type=damage-done&source=15 Heroic darmac : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/en/reports/pgPThR6qtkWXxzAr#translate=true&fight=21&type=damage-done&source=15 And my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/gordunni/%D0%9F%D0%B8%D0%B2%D1%8B%D1%87%D1%88%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%83%D0%BD/simple Thanks in advance ! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 15, 2015 Hi there ! Long time reader, first time poster. I've been in "slack mode" for about a year, and now trying to back to the game. Reading forums about demo/destro, but something missing from me, i guess - because it seems my damage is very low For example, out Heroic Gruul : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/en/reports/pgPThR6qtkWXxzAr#translate=true&fight=13 This is me as destro: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/en/reports/pgPThR6qtkWXxzAr#translate=true&fight=13&type=damage-done&source=15 Heroic darmac : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/en/reports/pgPThR6qtkWXxzAr#translate=true&fight=21&type=damage-done&source=15 And my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/gordunni/%D0%9F%D0%B8%D0%B2%D1%8B%D1%87%D1%88%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%83%D0%BD/simple Thanks in advance ! Ууу, как все запущено... Gruul(Destro) - literally B.A.D. because you use glyph of Dark Soul with no point. Open up your "Casts" tab and you'll see your CBs make little sense - many of them are off the buff and put in somewhat random places. Also only 1 pot. Hans/Franz(Demo) - use more ToC. Your bleed windows for excessive fury are a bit off your procs. Also only 1 pot. Ka'graz - you died. Don't do that. Dead don't dps. Kromog(Destro) - miserable count of Havoc and Shadowburns. No FnB where it mattered. No pot at all. Chaos Bolt work is slightly better, though. Oregorger(Demo) - I do not like your opener because you've missed DS there and you use GoSyn instead of GoServ which is top choice for Demo now. It's not that much of DPS fight, just don't be shy of ToC and DoTing boxes. Furnace(Demo) - once again, not a fight that can be judged from logs. I wouldn't say anyting about this. Darmac(Demo) - 1 pot and very late, uptimes could be bigger, DS before Meta and stuff. I still don't like neither your GoSyn nor your opener choice. Chaos Wave is your friend there. AoE adds with ease. Thogar(Demo) - you've died once again, but I can easliy question this fight too. Why did you avoid Cataclysm? Maidens(Demo) - you was dead too. Nothing really to talk. TLDR: your guild is carrying you very hard. Get rid of your Destro spec and focus on Demo. For god's sake don't use GoSyn unless you can do it perfect. And you are not doing it perfect. Могу ПМнуть не-на английском, если будут вопросы. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Paracel 165 Report post Posted March 15, 2015 Hello, I'm here trying to help some of the warlocks in my guild. Our destruction warlock has consistently low dps and i'm having trouble understanding why because I do not know warlocks that well. I've tried to compare their logs to other warlocks and one of the biggest things i've noticed is that their chaos bolt is not nearly doing as much dps as other warlocks. I was wondering if anyone here couple help me understand the logs better so i can give them some assistance. Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QWxpnqmJwka1RH8v#fight=14&type=summary&source=20 Bring those in person. You being a third-party could only make worse. No offence. I'd say both your warlock have known issues. I would recommend to stop chasing SB Haunt uptime for Aff warlock, as his gear is not really that good and it really pulls ahead in multi-target scenarios, not singletarget. DemServ is working for me well and should do the same for him. Destro warlock is using CR build, which I'm not really acknowledged with. Only thing I'd say is that he can make some deal out of Dark Soul glyph. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites