FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Rogue Oil Pirate

This deck is so fun :)

You arrrr so underestimated when people see pirates :) good for us :)

Guest themuffinboyy

Really REALLY enjoying this deck. Anywhere I can watch videos of someone playing this deck or anything like that?

Guest Aexra

Can't wait to try this deck out instead of the standard oil rogue, I will have to wait until I get Greenskin tho. 

Guest Dankasaurus Rex

Any decent replacements for the Capt.? Tad out of my price range...

Just another large finisher card that you have available, Dr Boom is great if you have that, if not, just some form of late-game power.

Guest Kalaise

I have replaced Cpt. for Edwin Vancleef because I dont have the dust for CPT, how does that work? I also have replaced one corsair for the new grand tournament card Shady dealer is that an okay swap?

Guest Guest

I run this list with a few changes:

- Antique healbot for the captain

- 1 shady dealer for dread corsair

- 1 buccaneer for dread corsair

Guest Sebalol

Dear sottle

I like this deck it's fun and when rng wants it to be, it's devastating.

I swapped 1 bloodsail raider for 1 dr. boom, felt that I was missing a good top deck card and a big minion in late game.

Thank you for this deck.

1 question though, when you write 3-legend, does that mean that you have reached legend with the deck? Or that you Think reaching legend is possible?

Because i have only managed rank 9(in august stuck on 12 atm) and think for me a serious result is rank 7-6... Do I just suck or has TGT screwed this deck?

Regards

Sebalol

So, I test the decks wherever I happen to be on ladder at the time, and then extrapolate a ranking from there. I remember testing this deck explicitly, I was at Rank 3, and I had a slightly above 50% winrate with it, which is how i end up with the ranking I gave it. With enough time, I would have hit Legend, but it's not a particularly efficient deck for doing it.

Before I started looking into competitive decks, I just played some random hunter stuff. Nowadays Im just trying to figure out which hero suits my playstyle best, and Im really liking rogue. Im a bit short on dust to make a greenskin, and I havent seen anybody bring up Buccaneer yet. Im still pretty bad, but it seems like Buccaneer could really be a useful addition. A 1-mana pirate that will give your weapon +1 atk when you equip it? Obviously swapping greenskin reduces your late-game power, but it seems viable as a 1-of perhaps

Guest lame deck

this deck is pretty bad imo. So reliant on drawing things that will save you. bad tempo. have to pray to get a sprint

This deck has some good end damage and combos, but it is very lacking in consistent wins. I've tried this deck for  about 20 games. I Ranked my self back to rank 20. My frist win got me to rank 19 and that's where I stayed for the next 18 games with this deck. It is inconsistent and you have to pray for certain cards to stay ahead. It is fun and has great out play potential. Just rare it all works out correctly

Guest Kyle

This deck has some good end damage and combos, but it is very lacking in consistent wins. I've tried this deck for about 20 games. I Ranked my self back to rank 20. My frist win got me to rank 19 and that's where I stayed for the next 18 games with this deck. It is inconsistent and you have to pray for certain cards to stay ahead. It is fun and has great out play potential. Just rare it all works out correctly

Its the only deck thats ever gotten me past 14, and I was on a win streak from rank 18-11 towards the end of the september season. It takes some getting used to, but its always a fun time with Preparation + Tinkerer + Blade Flurry for a win :)

This deck gets made much less viable if you dont add in Greenskin. I thought it wasnt going to be a huge difference, but getting the +1 durability on your weapon is HUGE. it allows you to get an extra attack with your wep before blade flurry, and its not too difficult to get its attack to 6 or 7.

Guest fred

I'm trying this deck out, it's really fun, but I feel that Buccaneer is invaluable and should replace at least 2 cards in this deck. 

I'm trying this deck out, it's really fun, but I feel that Buccaneer is invaluable and should replace at least 2 cards in this deck.

I've been having issues with buccaneer, mainly that it keeps you from using your hero power turn 2. A big part of the deck is building up your weapon's power, so you arent going to be refreshing it very often to get the +1 atk buff buccaneer would give.

This has become my favorite deck right now, but Im having trouble with drawing enough cards. I always seem to be relying on getting strong draws from an empty hand, maybe I'm just not going for the proper mulligans? In general I try to keep 1 preparation, then two 2 drop or lower minions (or dread corsair) unless I have a preparation+sprint combo in hand. The only adjustment I've made to the deck is swapping one southsea deckhand for a buccaneer, and Im still on the fence about whether or not to keep it.

I've been having issues with buccaneer, mainly that it keeps you from using your hero power turn 2. A big part of the deck is building up your weapon's power, so you arent going to be refreshing it very often to get the +1 atk buff buccaneer would give.

This has become my favorite deck right now, but Im having trouble with drawing enough cards. I always seem to be relying on getting strong draws from an empty hand, maybe I'm just not going for the proper mulligans? In general I try to keep 1 preparation, then two 2 drop or lower minions (or dread corsair) unless I have a preparation+sprint combo in hand. The only adjustment I've made to the deck is swapping one southsea deckhand for a buccaneer, and Im still on the fence about whether or not to keep it.

You actually should use hero power on turn 2 with buccaneer on the board. With most 2-drops being 3/2 or 2/2, it generates huge tempo for turn 3. Getting the bonus only once is enough to get you going - no need to use hero power every 2 turns.

Although you have only 4 cards that draw cards, you can draw a total of 10 cards which should be enough to get you going. The deck has low curve (sort of) and that means you can run out of cards pretty quickly. However, you play it bit more aggressively than Oil rogue. You should try to kill your opponent before you run out of steam, just like Hunter. 

Mulligan depends on your opponent. You generally want to mulligan for 2-drops and removals. Against control matchups, keeping Prep+Sprint is reasonable, but definitely not against aggro matchups. Also, Poison+Dread Corsair is good for your early tempo. 

There is an updated version of Pirate Rogue that runs 2 Buccaneers. If you like this version of Pirate Rogue, you could start building towards the TGT version of it. 

Edited by positiv2

Guest Sina

I've swapped a Tinker's with a Southsea Captain, other than that, I'm using the standard setup.

Could Gruul be put to use in this deck? I've tried but he gets massive spell rain and dies before 2nd round. Maybe I'm just using it wrong?

I've swapped a Tinker's with a Southsea Captain, other than that, I'm using the standard setup.

Could Gruul be put to use in this deck? I've tried but he gets massive spell rain and dies before 2nd round. Maybe I'm just using it wrong?

Tinker is the main combo and I am not sure you want to use just one, especially without TGT cards. TGT introduced few new pirates such as buccaneer, which give Captain more value. You will still lack a finisher. If you are able to draw into a pirate synergy card in 2 turns, then he is a great card. However, it gets destroyed by a 2 drop, making it a low-value card in aggressive meta.

Gruul is indeed a bad card, especially in a deck like this, where opponent doesn't want to waste a removal spell on pirates and rather waits for Boom, Ragnaros or a similar minion. BGH will be a problem, too, as you have no other BGH targets, so your opponent will often have it in his hand.

Also, TGT version of this deck is way stronger. If you want to seriously play pirate, I recommend crafting towards that one.

Edited by positiv2

Sign in to follow this