FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthsone Legendary Warrior Control TGT

Against Paladins Unstable Ghouls are good in the early game. Try and anticipate the MC turn by having your Death's Bite (final charge if poss) and save an execute for whatever got buffed. I think I read this advice on Reddit somewhere. The Ghouls ARE good in this matchup but I couldn't find a way to get them in the deck that I was happy with/didn't hobble me in other matchups. If 50%+ of your games are against Secret Pals - as some report - then it might be worth it, but I don't meet quite that many.

Aggro Druids: Like the guide says, you really need a Fiery War Axe in your hand by turn 2 or things will be very painful. Death's Bite can work in a pinch if you have the coin. If you don't have either then you're hoping he's going to have a terrible draw or lose his connection :-).

Has anyone tried Elise Starseeker in the deck?

You already have enough legendaries in the deck and random legendaries aren't that good. The change would also affect in average only 4 cards (considering you would play the Map and Monkey the turn you topdeck them). Also, random legendaries aren't that good, because they have little synergy with your deck.

Against Paladins Unstable Ghouls are good in the early game. Try and anticipate the MC turn by having your Death's Bite (final charge if poss) and save an execute for whatever got buffed. I think I read this advice on Reddit somewhere. The Ghouls ARE good in this matchup but I couldn't find a way to get them in the deck that I was happy with/didn't hobble me in other matchups. If 50%+ of your games are against Secret Pals - as some report - then it might be worth it, but I don't meet quite that many.

Aggro Druids: Like the guide says, you really need a Fiery War Axe in your hand by turn 2 or things will be very painful. Death's Bite can work in a pinch if you have the coin. If you don't have either then you're hoping he's going to have a terrible draw or lose his connection :-).

Eh it is more mid range druid and mid range paladin I have trouble with.  Secret paladin is easy to deal with in theory, just a little hard in practice, and aggro druid is the same as any other aggro deck, as long as they don't get a super strong start, or you get screwed at mulligan you can just outlast them.

You already have enough legendaries in the deck and random legendaries aren't that good. The change would also affect in average only 4 cards (considering you would play the Map and Monkey the turn you topdeck them). Also, random legendaries aren't that good, because they have little synergy with your deck.

I think the philosophy behind Elise is that in the current meta - at least on ladder - it is advisable to tune your decklist to beat aggro decks, which comes at the cost of late game power.

By turn 15 or 20, though, when you have your ten mana crystals, a random legendary on average is still better than a Slam or a Cruel Taskmaster etc...

I think the philosophy behind Elise is that in the current meta - at least on ladder - it is advisable to tune your decklist to beat aggro decks, which comes at the cost of late game power.

By turn 15 or 20, though, when you have your ten mana crystals, a random legendary on average is still better than a Slam or a Cruel Taskmaster etc...

There are just a few cards that you don't want to topdeck in the late-game. If you survive for long enough to finally get that Golden Monkey, you will usually have won already because you should have huge value in your hand, board and deck.

Guest Timon

Can anybody help me please? I have almost all the cards for this deck (just missing Baron and Grommosh). I subbed Baron for an Abomination, can anybody help me find a substitute for grommosh? I am currently running 2 x Abominations instead of grommosh and baron. Most of my games I end up winning by fatigue, or losing because I just cant do enough damage to the enemy hero even after using alexs. Any help would be great thanks! 

Can anybody help me please? I have almost all the cards for this deck (just missing Baron and Grommosh). I subbed Baron for an Abomination, can anybody help me find a substitute for grommosh? I am currently running 2 x Abominations instead of grommosh and baron. Most of my games I end up winning by fatigue, or losing because I just cant do enough damage to the enemy hero even after using alexs. Any help would be great thanks! 

Abomination isn't really a swap for Geddon. Grommash is a very strong card and the deck will just lose a lot of its power (and as you stated, you can lose games because of that). I recommend Foe Reaper and probably Sneed's.

Guest Timon

Abomination isn't really a swap for Geddon. Grommash is a very strong card and the deck will just lose a lot of its power (and as you stated, you can lose games because of that). I recommend Foe Reaper and probably Sneed's.

I dont have Foe Reaper or Sneed. These are all the legendarie Neutral Minions that I have: Ysera, Alexstrasza, Dr.Boom, Sylvannas, Justicar, and Bloodmage Thalnos. I also have all of the expansions.

I was recently experimenting with Fibonacci's List, albeit with Baron Geddon and Dr. Boom instead of Deathwing (don't have him) and Tournament Medic (unsure whether to cut Boom or Geddon for him).

What I was wondering when playing, though, was whether (this variant of) Control Warrior ever wins a game against other control decks in a way other than by fatiguing them out? Not saying that these are bad matchup per se, going to fatigue is a very strong option for this deck and working out very often if implemented from the start, it just seems with so much removal and so few actual threats there is no way to stick one of them long enough against another control oriented list.

I am already at a point where I keep Justicar Trueheart in the opening hand whenever I am facing priest or warrior...

I was recently experimenting with Fibonacci's List, albeit with Baron Geddon and Dr. Boom instead of Deathwing (don't have him) and Tournament Medic (unsure whether to cut Boom or Geddon for him).

What I was wondering when playing, though, was whether (this variant of) Control Warrior ever wins a game against other control decks in a way other than by fatiguing them out? Not saying that these are bad matchup per se, going to fatigue is a very strong option for this deck and working out very often if implemented from the start, it just seems with so much removal and so few actual threats there is no way to stick one of them long enough against another control oriented list.

I am already at a point where I keep Justicar Trueheart in the opening hand whenever I am facing priest or warrior...

Fibonacci's deck is all about stalling, then dropping Grommash and then Deathwing as the main proactive threats. I, as a player of proactive decks, do not really like his deck. So no, the main strategy is to win by fatigue or the boredom of your opponent.

Yes, I tested Elise but on the rare occasion that the golden monkey is used, it does not help. I once lost because I got a Majordomo, and when my hero changed, my armour was destroyed. :)

Guest MalusDacus

CW is major bs.Got me from 12 to 17 very fast.for a 13k deck it does very little.used to play grim patron and got me to rank 5.this CW is useless,does shit gainst any aggro deck,ffs u dont get to turn 7 gainst a face hunter.so why running a 13k deck when any 2-3k aggro deck pisses on ur face?!...ohh forgot that any priest spec totally f u up.so wats the point in playn this shit deck??

CW is major bs.Got me from 12 to 17 very fast.for a 13k deck it does very little.used to play grim patron and got me to rank 5.this CW is useless,does shit gainst any aggro deck,ffs u dont get to turn 7 gainst a face hunter.so why running a 13k deck when any 2-3k aggro deck pisses on ur face?!...ohh forgot that any priest spec totally f u up.so wats the point in playn this shit deck??

Wait, did you just say that you lose to aggro with aggro counter? This is not fault of the deck, which has been used by so many players to get to legend, this is your fault.

You should actually be favoured against control priest (not sure about dragon priests).

There is only thing I can say about this: "Mad 'cuz bad"

Wait, did you just say that you lose to aggro with aggro counter? This is not fault of the deck, which has been used by so many players to get to legend, this is your fault.

You should actually be favoured against control priest (not sure about dragon priests).

There is only thing I can say about this: "Mad 'cuz bad"

I get where he's coming from. Priest can definitely be an annoying matchup because of Entomb and Deathlord, which allows them to draw pretty heavily and not worry too much about fatigue. There's also the occasions where the deathlord pulls your Justicar or Alexstrasza. It's definitely not a particularly bad matchup though

You can potentially improve aggro matchups by adding Harrison, Deathlord, and Doomsayer. You can improve control/fatigue matchups by adding Gorehowl, Deathlord, Elise Starseeker and even Coldlight Oracle (to make them overdraw). Druid doesn't have many solutions to Ysera outside of silence if you are playing against a lot of them. The only really painful deck to play against imo is Murloc Paladin.

Why no Gorehowl? It provides such an insane value for just one card.

It requires you to spend a lot of health and it takes a few turns to get the value to be worth playing. 

It requires you to spend a lot of health

Isn't it why we play Justicar and Shieldmaidens and try to armor up as much as we can?

it takes a few turns to get the value to be worth playing

Isn't this a very slow-paced deck, that tries to outheal and outvalue opponent in the late game, rather than just playing for tempo each turn?

Sorry if I sounded a bit bold, I didn't mean to, I just don't understand this.

The thing is, you spend way more health than you should. 

You stall into the late-game where you start dropping big stuff. Gorehowl is a 7-drop, but so is Boom and Geddon. Which one grants you more late-game value? Also, the deck runs enough removal to make Gorehowl pretty much useless. Gorehowl could be used in a midrange meta, but there are many cards that are better. 

So, it's not about Gorehowl being bad. It's just that Gorehowl is not good enough. It can be used as a "budget" swap in the deck without major problems. It can also be good in standard when some cards will get removed and there will be more space for almost-good-enough cards.

Don't worry, although you were bold (as in courageous, which I believe is a good trait), you were definitely not annoying or impudent. If you have any more questions or if there is anything I can help you with, reply or send me a PM :)

Gorehowl is more for the style of Control Warrior that isn't really interested in the board and simply destroys everything your opponent plays, you can find that deck on the site as well, but this isn't quite the same thing.

Sign in to follow this